Great QoL Update Ideas

I'm playing Don't Starve for long time and I think best updates are QoL updates. They affect everything and every players effected by it. Here my few ideas I'm sure you will like it. Please share your ideas too!

1) Variation
I really like the don't starve art style and it's most important reason of  playing this game. But after few hours you feel like everything is same.
Aren't you bored seeing same boulders every time. Or same flint textures? Or same item positions? Wouldn't it be cool droping your pickaxe different everytime? Wouldn't it be cool to having different shaped flint everytime like we have in stones? Wouldn't it be cool boulders have more sprites like antlion boulders? Wouldn't it be cool digging different berries every time!?!?! Even opposite sprites would create tons of different!

Antlion | Don't Starve game Wiki | Fandom

2) Terrain
I said dont starve terrains have low textures but only problem is not low textures! We need some small details too. Terrains should have little details too. Like little flower/plants, little sticks, little stones etc. This would make everyplace unique!

3) Nature's Stuffs
Don't starve feels so empty sometimes. You feel like everything is dead. The only thing is some trees and few flints. This game need much more. In the shipwrecked we had crates and boards but it would not look nice in don't starve. Klei should add stuff like that but it should be in forest style! It's would be really nice to seeing rotten logs, broken trees, stone slabs (that we have in the hamlet) and dirt piles.

4) Few Small Things
Characters should have different quotes for aged and small trees.
Animals that give birth, should have genders. They should need opposite gender for making babies!
Beefalos should immigrate at summer.

no thanks. This would be a nightmare for new players to learn when there's many variants of the same item.

Mechanics that have unique properties are more memorable and learnable than those that look different from eachother but ultimately act completely the same.

this is the opposite of "quality of life".

I wouldn't hate it if they changed the way that some of the Magic Items worked. Shadow Armor, Chilled Amulet, One-Man Band, and ESPECIALLY the Night Light could use some love in my opinion. I can't think of a time where I've seen anyone unironically use a Night Light; or even less, bother with crafting one.

9 hours ago, Slagger said:

Animals that give birth, should have genders. They should need opposite gender for making babies!

What would animal sexes really add to the game? What it would do is require you to be more careful when killing off animals, make it an absolute pain to move volt goat herds around, make the volt goats from suspicious dirt piles useless, and make it more difficult for new players to figure out the already somewhat confusing herd mechanics. These are all the exact opposite of "quality of life."

And like... how are you supposed to tell? Again, these are animals. Would your character have to check? Would there be 0 difference and you have to observe them mating in order to know? Or would female animals be pink with eyelashes and blushy cheeks? Like, any scenario I can come up with for this is gross, and bashes down Klei's great handling of animal sexes up to this point (which is to say, simply not caring about them.)

Variation will make a problem for new players:
Do you guys really believe they can't understand a rock is a rock? There is two rock types, Rock with gold details and rock without gold details. I'm sure new player will understand a stone is a stone because we don't talk about pink stones. Even my 5 years old niece understand the dst boulder are rock. The color will be same (a little tone difference maybe) I talk about shapes and figures.

image.png.d081cd43a931bf82f5048aad57d594c2.png

This is just ugly...

Genders are problem
No it's not. A group female beefalo with at least a male beefalo or a group male with one female beefalo should became in heat. It's would be better for farming and breeding. So if you don't want to get attack every winter you can protect yourself by keeping male beefalo aways (or female beefalos). You can build great farms.

Immigrate is problem
It's just a little smail detail. Why you guys wouldn't want to see thristy beefalos walking on land for water at summer? 

Also

Spoiler

>Hurrr I'm the protector of the rules, back to suggestion hurrr I'm little mod hurr

2 hours ago, Slagger said:

Genders are problem

No it's not. A group female beefalo with at least a male beefalo or a group male with one female beefalo should became in heat. It's would be better for farming and breeding. So if you don't want to get attack every winter you can protect yourself by keeping male beefalo aways (or female beefalos). You can build great farms.

All but one sentence in this paragraph is devoted to repeatedly asserting that your idea is great, while ignoring the (much better reasoned) criticism it has received.

A group female beefalo with at least a male beefalo or a group male with one female beefalo should became in heat. It's would be better for farming and breeding.

Yeah... no. Right now, the survival of a single beefalo will ensure the repopulation of the herd. What you are suggesting would require the survival of two beefalos of different sexes to do the same thing. This would severely hamper the renewability of beefalos, which would make it unequivocally worse for farming and breeding.

So if you don't want to get attack every winter you can protect yourself by keeping male beefalo aways (or female beefalos).

If you don't want to get attacked every winter, all you gotta do is not base smack dab in the middle of the Savannah. This "advantage" is not remotely close to being worth the cost you are proposing.

You can build great farms.

How???

23 minutes ago, QuartzBeam said:

All but one sentence in this paragraph is devoted to repeatedly asserting that your idea is great, while ignoring the (much better reasoned) criticism it has received.

Yeah... no. Right now, the survival of a single beefalo will ensure the repopulation of the herd. What you are suggesting would require the survival of two beefalos of different sexes to do the same thing. This would severely hamper the renewability of beefalos, which would make it unequivocally worse for farming and breeding.

If you don't want to get attacked every winter, all you gotta do is not base smack dab in the middle of the Savannah. This "advantage" is not remotely close to being worth the cost you are proposing.

How???

I didn't mean to force my ideas to you guys. Sorry if I make you feel
In my opinion if beefalos don't get heat the player will able to make a poop/hair/meat farm just with fence. You can use beefalos as regular farm animals but don't starve's heat system make beefalos death machines. I cant control them, I cant make a house for them (for farming) because they are terryfing.

Archived