[Experimental Update] - 420319

• Developer

Hey Grifters,

Today brings more polish and variation to the daily runs, and brings the lumicyte as a special guest into the existing stories. Lumicytes are primarly used by the Cult of Hesh, and are more prevalent in Peral-on-Foam, but they do turn up in Murder Bay and Grout Bog from time to time.

Scoring in the dailies isn't quite granular enough for comparison yet, but we have a *whole week* until the actual update to figure that part out :) 

GAMEPLAY

•     Added new daily quest variants: boss rush, protect friend 
  •     Added special game over screen to daily run, added feats to try to get during runs.
  •     Smith now shows up in daily runs (some days!)
  •     Adjusted difficulty curve of daily quest: Cave
  •     You can buy a lumicyte from Phroluk
  •     Added new lumicyte-themed random events to rook and sal: event_found_by_lumicyte, event_found_a_lumicyte

CARDPLAY

•     Fixed bug where viciousness only counted unmitigated damage and not the damage dealt by the attack 
  •     Refashion former pet support arguments into negotiation items.
  •     Made generic trained/untrained pet arguments.
  •     Rabble Rouser is now: Draw an extra card every 2nd turn.
  •     lumicyte has a new natural condition

View full update

• Like 6
  • Thanks 1

Boss rush is so hard, even in normal.

I think the problem lies in the fact that the bosses are balanced around decks that are good, which your deck won't be because your deck is filled with junk cards through "card packs". The nadan fight especially. In normal griftlands, I can deal a lot of damage on turn one, but here, my deck suck so much that after like 2 summons, nadan's still at 2/3 health. There's probably a kashio at the end that has like all the artifacts.

Imagine brawl mode, but you don't get to do any side quests, and your deck is sh**.

Edited by RageLeague

I'm just getting Threekwa over and over as the first fight on the daily boss run. I can pile on the damage early on but then the damage just gets crazy against me and it's all over. I'm lucky if I have enough attack cards to break their defence after about the fourth round.

100% did not enjoy today's daily boss run.

Not sure if the card draft is supposed to work at the start or not? But when I click it nothing happens (Same thing last build)

ADD: Game finally gave me a graft draw that wasn't useless and I finished it. But I still didn't enjoy it :-(

Edited by Snortlepig

This Boss Rush is horrible. I'm not sure if the starting draft is supposed to work , but it doesn't. Which means the only chance on advancing past even the first boss is if you get the right graft. You are just wasting your time trying to defeat it without a good graft, so if you don't get a good graft, wound one for example, you just abandon run and start again. Not fun. 
The first boss shouldn't be the hardest one, because you are working with unupgraded basic cards, and they are not enough to get through the defense of the boss and not nearly enough to block incoming damage either. 

If there were an option to skip the battle card drafts I feel like this would be less difficult.

Arint is absolutely ridiculous if she only uses Staff Whip since around 60% of your drawn cards will be useless if you have only a few cards remaining in your draw pile, and if she uses it 2+ times in a row then way too much of your deck becomes filled with Strange Chemicals.

me: looks down on all of those who hated the first boss while i cleared threekwa flawless

also me:ihavechortles stories highlights, photos and videos hashtag on ......

alright, alright, i'll be blunt. i definitely agree with you guys and possibly gals that it was hard as Damascus steel, and my cheeky grin was ripped away by arint.

my main benefit was that i got buster on my first graft, which tears through threekwa like a red hot knife through a centimeter of butter.

i definitely wish there was an immediate card upgrade for maybe 5-7 cards to make you be a little more on-level than at first or the ability to skip card drafts.

• Thanks 1

Yeah I agree the daily challenge prob needs some balancing LMAO I probably played 12 times and of those I only made it to the 2nd boss ~4 times? Then one lucky run that let me get all the way to Nadan but I had 13 health and absolutely no way to heal haha. Definitely need more healing/damage output options

Oh also idk if anyone else has this but I hard crash if I even try to pick the healing option between bosses in the first place LMAO this thing wants to see me bleed 

Edited by TaschDraws
  • Thanks 1

24 minutes ago, TaschDraws said:

Oh also idk if anyone else has this but I hard crash if I even try to pick the healing option between bosses in the first place LMAO this thing wants to see me bleed 

Sounds like in need of a bug report.