possible one of the best world generated so far in dst?

after thousand times regenerating worlds to find a good world with a reed trap, i got this.

i have a save on day 1 (no character selected), disease set to none, all other settings are default.

if anyone want i can upload the save.

this is the best world for wickerbottom players? :-D

World.jpg

what are the branch settings that can merge the island into main land? i never seem to get it in my worlds :D

edit: and also for things like reed traps and other setpieces, there are configurable mods that let you force said setpieces into the wolrgen, it does not always work but it definately saves alot of time.

1 minute ago, BeeClops said:

what are the branch settings that can merge the island into main land? i never seem to get it in my worlds :D

Default. It's really rare, though. Used to be a lot more common in the beta.

1 minute ago, Shosuko said:

nice lunar island lol  I've never had that connected to the main last mass for me.

I've had it happen on public servers a few times, more so in beta but one a few days ago aswell, but never in my wolrd despite genereting a bunch and messing with branch settings trying to increase likelyhood.

15 hours ago, Tarciso said:

I am against that of creating a world and taking the map with code to find out if it is "good".  I prefer to go exploring and decide if I'm going to play him or not.

and i am against exploring bad worlds. It's great that we can all do what we like, otherwise we would both be unhappy.

The crashed-in lunar phenomenon makes this a beauty. But I believe one of the worlds we decided to live in is much better suited for us.

Pig lord forest connected with a swamp to its west with a reed trap a couple of screens away.

Oasis desert south east the pig lord forest with water separating them - and boat connects them just fine.

South west the forest we find the moon dial forest with mctusk, attached to the triple mctusk biome.

Near pig lord himself a worm hole which dispenses us right near the dragon fly.

East of the deciduous forest a giant savannah for all the our needs for an empty area.

North of the pig forest a coast clear leading right into Lunar island.

Felt as if we hit the jackpot with that one. Still think we could find a better world. But our standards skyrocket.

I can send a screenshot to flex if you'd like, although there aren't any saves to share.

Mine world ( around day 911, map was written by sailing for a loong time, around a year I think)

20200705141341_1.thumb.jpg.d419816ad97de7b3f65228b58da63a43.jpg

Wormholes in the desert lead to the 3-walrus biome which leads to pig king and Moon stone

There's also a reed setpiece right opposite of the base ( in desert)

EDIT: unfortunatelly this map is before the seed worldgen patch, meaning that there's no seed.

On 7/5/2020 at 10:43 AM, shadowDigga said:

Can you share world seed please?

go to

Steam\steamapps\common\Don't Starve Together\data\databundles, and then extract script.zip

seed0.jpg.0305a3de95723c81abea1f20249dbcba.jpg

- open worldgen_main.lua with a notepad

- remove the two "--"

seed1.jpg.138a75abc70f1198fe1a55646289b9ae.jpg

- save the file, zip scripts folder and replace the current existing one (u can rename to scripts2 or another name if u want).

save the file and create generate a new world.

On 05/07/2020 at 06:05, BeeClops said:

e sou contra explorar mundos ruins. É ótimo que todos possamos fazer o que gostamos, caso contrário, ambos ficaríamos infelizes.

Whether you like it or not, revealing the map this way is cheating and you end up throwing away the mechanics of the initial exploration.  Since you release the entire map to find out if it is "good" and so you can see all the places in the world.  Remembering that I'm not judging anyone for that, that's just my opinion and my way of playing.

7 hours ago, Tarciso said:

Whether you like it or not, revealing the map this way is cheating and you end up throwing away the mechanics of the initial exploration.  Since you release the entire map to find out if it is "good" and so you can see all the places in the world.  Remembering that I'm not judging anyone for that, that's just my opinion and my way of playing.

Of course, but you did come off a little bit like your way is the right way.

In regards to revealing the map, you do this once you start the world, if you like it you rollback and nothing of the map is explored, you just know it s a good one and worth your time. That's how i do it, but if ppl skip that part and leave it explored i still don't mind if they enjoy the game more that way. :)

14 hours ago, BeeClops said:

Of course, but you did come off a little bit like your way is the right way.

In regards to revealing the map, you do this once you start the world, if you like it you rollback and nothing of the map is explored, you just know it s a good one and worth your time. That's how i do it, but if ppl skip that part and leave it explored i still don't mind if they enjoy the game more that way. :)

don't you love it when people telling you what you should and shouldn't do? 

On 7/12/2020 at 11:42 PM, smeagolheart said:

How I don't really understand that thing, it is just a thing that came along with global pause to me.   Seems complex.

Once you enable it, you don't mess with it, instead after enabling it go to your world settings for surface and caves and there will be a place you can enter the seed.

Archived