cannot get the goggles recipe

In one world I spent a summer and a half, trying to get those goggles.

Being RNG related gives the chance to have very bad luck, I guess.

Someone once suggested that characters that already know the fashion goggles recipe, should get a much higher chance to get the full hat recipe, and I couldn't agree more.

1 hour ago, ShadowDuelist said:

Someone once suggested that characters that already know the fashion goggles recipe, should get a much higher chance to get the full hat recipe, and I couldn't agree more.

This is the same conclusion my friend and I came to also.

We also convinced ourselves that making the Fashion Goggles helps to find the Desert Goggles faster too, but this may just be a result of learning the fashion blueprint.

iirc - if you open a package and have not learned the fashion goggles recipe you will never receive the desert goggles one.  So after you find the fashion one have someone learn it and have only them open packages to get the other.

Yeah, just checked it

Spoiler
loottable =
    {
        goggleshat_blueprint = 0,
        deserthat_blueprint = 0,
        succulent_potted_blueprint = 0,
        antliontrinket = 0,
        trinket_1 = 1-- marbles
        trinket_3 = 1-- knot
        trinket_8 = 1-- plug
        trinket_9 = 1-- buttons
        trinket_26 = .1, -- potatocup
        TOOLS_blueprint = .05,
        LIGHT_blueprint = .05,
        SURVIVAL_blueprint = .05,
        FARM_blueprint = .05,
        SCIENCE_blueprint = .05,
        REFINE_blueprint = .05,
        DRESS_blueprint = .05,
    },

UpdateLootBlueprint = function(loottabledoer)
        local builder = doer ~= nil and doer.components.builder or nil
        loottable["goggleshat_blueprint"] = (builder ~= nil and not builder:KnowsRecipe("goggleshat")) and 1 or 0.1
        loottable["deserthat_blueprint"] = (builder ~= nil and not builder:KnowsRecipe("deserthat") and builder:KnowsRecipe("goggleshat")) and 1 or 0.1
        loottable["succulent_potted_blueprint"] = (builder ~= nil and not builder:KnowsRecipe("succulent_potted")) and 1 or 0.1
        loottable["antliontrinket"] = (builder ~= nil and builder:KnowsRecipe("deserthat")) and .8 or 0.1
    end,

Basically if you don't know fashion goggles you'll get those, if you do know fashion goggles and don't know desert goggles then you'll get desert goggles.  This is all determined by who opens the package, so if you want the desert goggles asap have only the person who learned fashion goggles open the packages.  If you want extra blue prints have someone who doesn't know that blueprint open the packages until you have as many of those as you want.  Once you know both you will not get those again.

7 hours ago, Shosuko said:

iirc - if you open a package and have not learned the fashion goggles recipe you will never receive the desert goggles one.  So after you find the fashion one have someone learn it and have only them open packages to get the other.

Yeah, just checked it

Hide contents
loottable =
    {
        deserthat_blueprint = 0,
        antliontrinket = 0,
        trinket_1 = 1-- marbles
        trinket_3 = 1-- knot
        trinket_8 = 1-- plug
        trinket_9 = 1-- buttons
        TOOLS_blueprint = .05,
        LIGHT_blueprint = .05,
        FARM_blueprint = .05,
        SCIENCE_blueprint = .05,
        REFINE_blueprint = .05,
        DRESS_blueprint = .05,
    },

loottable["goggleshat_blueprint"] = (builder ~= nil and not builder:KnowsRecipe("goggleshat")) and 1 or 0.1
        loottable["deserthat_blueprint"] = (builder ~= nil and not builder:KnowsRecipe("deserthat") and builder:KnowsRecipe("goggleshat")) and 1 or 0.1
        loottable["succulent_potted_blueprint"] = (builder ~= nil and not builder:KnowsRecipe("succulent_potted")) and 1 or 0.1
        loottable["antliontrinket"] = (builder ~= nil and builder:KnowsRecipe("deserthat")) and .8 or 0.1
    end,

Basically if you don't know fashion goggles you'll get those, if you do know fashion goggles and don't know desert goggles then you'll get desert goggles.  This is all determined by who opens the package, so if you want the desert goggles asap have only the person who learned fashion goggles open the packages.  If you want extra blue prints have someone who doesn't know that blueprint open the packages until you have as many of those as you want.  Once you know both you will not get those again.

i play alone, so i open all the packs.. now 2 days before summer ended i got the desert ones. finally. it never took me so long.

7 hours ago, Shosuko said:

Yeah, just checked it

Reveal hidden contents
loottable =
    {
        deserthat_blueprint = 0,
        antliontrinket = 0,
        trinket_1 = 1-- marbles
        trinket_3 = 1-- knot
        trinket_8 = 1-- plug
        trinket_9 = 1-- buttons
        TOOLS_blueprint = .05,
        LIGHT_blueprint = .05,
        FARM_blueprint = .05,
        SCIENCE_blueprint = .05,
        REFINE_blueprint = .05,
        DRESS_blueprint = .05,
    },

end,

I get many times the dessert googles before the fashion googles in 1 player server :/

is this a recent change or something?

6 hours ago, ArubaroBeefalo said:

I get many times the dessert googles before the fashion googles in 1 player server :/

is this a recent change or something?

The chance is not totally zero, so you can get them out of order, or after you've learned them, but the chance is about 1% for that to happen.  If you don't know fashion goggles or desert goggles the chance is about 10% for the one you need.  After you have both the antliontrinket takes up this increased drop chance.

6 hours ago, thistownneedsguns said:

i play alone, so i open all the packs.. now 2 days before summer ended i got the desert ones. finally. it never took me so long.

I'm not sure what could have gone wrong.  Did you enable creative mode at any time, or actually read a desert goggles blueprint without realizing it?  Are you playing a modded character or opening them in any unusual way?  What mods are you running?  Because the code is pretty straight forward.  You have about a 10% chance to get either fashion or desert goggles, based on whether you know them or not.  As I just said above the chance to get them isn't exactly zero once you know them, and you can get them out of order, but it is very low chance, around 1%.  If it took you a very long time to get them there may be some bug / mod issue where the game thought you knew it and so you were getting the loot table without it.

On 7/1/2020 at 7:06 PM, Shosuko said:

The chance is not totally zero, so you can get them out of order, or after you've learned them, but the chance is about 1% for that to happen.  If you don't know fashion goggles or desert goggles the chance is about 10% for the one you need.  After you have both the antliontrinket takes up this increased drop chance.

I'm not sure what could have gone wrong.  Did you enable creative mode at any time, or actually read a desert goggles blueprint without realizing it?  Are you playing a modded character or opening them in any unusual way?  What mods are you running?  Because the code is pretty straight forward.  You have about a 10% chance to get either fashion or desert goggles, based on whether you know them or not.  As I just said above the chance to get them isn't exactly zero once you know them, and you can get them out of order, but it is very low chance, around 1%.  If it took you a very long time to get them there may be some bug / mod issue where the game thought you knew it and so you were getting the loot table without it.

i have

[API] Gem Core

Global Pause

Classic Giants Health

Battle Helm for everyone

Display food values

Force reed trap set generation (which is weird because on this world it did not force any reed trap or other stuff like that)

Global Pause

Wormhole Marks

as client mods: combined status, minimap hud, instant drop, geometric placement, gesture wheel, maxView, smart crockpot, status announcement

Archived