Is it a bug...

The eyebrella along with all other heat protection gear does not reduce your body temperature, it just makes the increase in temperature slower. You will eventually need a cold source or you will overheat.

29 minutes ago, LucianBale said:

Okay... but doesn't standing under a tree reduce your temperature?

Nope, it has similar effect than eyebrella. Some efective ways to reduce body temperature are:

• Endothermic fires
  • Cold Thermal stones
  • Chilled amulet
  • Luxury or Whirly fan
  • Certain food like: Ice, watermelon, ice cream
  • Hats such as Ice Cube hat or Fashion melon
  • Self throwing waterballoons
  • Using the Sieasta-Lean to

14 minutes ago, LucianBale said:

Very strange. Normally when I stand under a tree, the heat warning goes away.

Sorry my bad, just checked the wiki and found this: 

"The cheapest way to cool down is to run around a Tree holding a Whirly Fan."

So yes, staying under the tree reduces (slightly)  body temperature

2 hours ago, LucianBale said:

Very strange. Normally when I stand under a tree, the heat warning goes away.

stay under tree only reduce your body temperature to minimum 65c or 68c

if you ever use status mod ( over 70c would start overheat )

at begin of summer, stay under tree may prevent you from overheating

in middle of summer, tree doesn't help anymore

On 6/24/2020 at 1:26 AM, gghhrr said:

stay under tree only reduce your body temperature to minimum 65c or 68c

if you ever use status mod ( over 70c would start overheat )

in middle of summer, tree doesn't help anymore

Yes, but it wasn't the middle of summer. It was only 3 days in.

On 6/24/2020 at 8:26 AM, gghhrr said:

Why do people still dont know you dont overheat at the first 2 days of summer and at the last day of summer.

4 hours ago, emin61 said:

Why do people still dont know you dont overheat at the first 2 days of summer and at the last day of summer.

People don't "know this" because what you are stating is incorrect. You absolutely can and will overheat the first and last 2 days of summer.

You are confusing overheating with wildfires. Wildfires will not happen for the first and last 2 days of summer because the world temperature on default settings will not be above 80 which is the minimum for them to occur. However, the world temperature will be above 70 which is enough to overheat the player. 

Overheating can happen at night even with equipment (I'm counting the hat here as "equipment", it ain't much but it's what I had) AND a tree.  Observe:

imgonnafry.png.19fc67018b100d06dbbe9a3b9801542b.png

(Pictured:  That Time I Almost Frelling Died Because I Ran Out of Nitre.  That means I also didn't have a non-even-MORE-overheating way to make _light_, so I had to hold the lighter all night instead of my umbrella!  That's a cherry tree and yes it's from a mod, but in terms of shade it acts like any other tree.  It just also makes food.  :)  Although now that I look at this again, I think it's the _birch_ tree that's actually shading me here.)

If Willow didn't now have "some immunity to overheating" I wouldn't've made it through that night.  Notice it's only at the _yellow_ overheating stage...the second it went morning my screen did start turning red.  I plunged for the rockland (and equipped my umbrella), knowing I wouldn't get there in time but trying anyway. But on my way out of the Cherry Forest, I found one of those random rocks that forests have scattered around that I had missed before.  I mined that as fast as I could, made a small endo fire, cooled myself and the stone down, and _then_ headed for the rockland.  I was so busy concentrating on not running out of GRASS, because it withers, I completely forgot to keep track of the other endo ingredient...

51 minutes ago, Misuto said:

You are confusing overheating with wildfires. Wildfires will not happen for the first and last 2 days of summer because the world temperature on default settings will not be above 80 which is the minimum for them to occur. However, the world temperature will be above 70 which is enough to overheat the player. 

Ah!  When overheating stops vs. when wildfires stop...THAT makes more sense.  You can overheat during the first few days of FALL, even in the middle of the night, if you make too big of a campfire, or are wearing something warm.  I once had someone suddenly heat to death because they were wearing an insulated backpack on Day 5 of fall.  The rest of us were just exploring along, la la la, and suddenly "So-and-So has died of Overheating.  They became a spooky ghost!"

Early-fall overheating is another thing that confuses a lot of new players (as I've seen in Let's Plays) where they're like "Why is my screen all yellow?"  "The edges of my screen just went wavy."  "Oh, that means you're insane."  "But my sanity is high!"  Heck, the first time this happened in RoG singleplayer it confused _me_...until I stopped and thought:  "Wait.  This world didn't just NOW pop into existance as I entered it.  So, that means _summer just barely finished_ before I got here, and it's only _early_ fall, so of course it's still warm!" 

I dunno if anybody else here plays with different season lengths from standard, but it's worth noting that the "first three days" thing doesn't hold true if the season is longer or shorter, especially if it's a large difference.  It's _proportional_, so if you have, say, a long summer, the "endo fire actually makes you too cold" effect might be more pronounced on the first couple days...

115summerfreezingwut.png.8058661488bef8f62b560911e0c18c4a.png

Go ahead and TAKE that damn fire, it's actually hurting me!  (YES I could've moved away from it sooner.  I wanted the screenshot.  : P)

...and last longer into the season:

117fourthnightofsummer.png.0f9544a2f9dc7fa8f46855e5c3999bbb.png

Note the day numbers in the corner.  I play with randomised seasons and when THIS happened, I knew it was gonna be a long'un.  (Also look how long the dusk still is, for Night 4 of summer!)  I didn't take these pictures FOR the purpose of being educational, rather it was more like: "Here are some interesting things that happened while I was building the ruins!" but it's a happy accident they turned out that way.  : P

The reverse is also true--that is to say, if a season is unusually short, the early and late phases of it will happen much FASTER.  For example, with a really short winter Deerclops might show up on night ONE!  So, if it's like, only the third day of winter and the trees are _already_ poofing back into greenness?  Yay short winter!--but also GET OUT OF CAMP!

(also with _randomised_ seasons...green might not mean SPRING.  Get your nitre and grass ready.)

...Notorious

9 hours ago, LucianBale said:

Yes, but it wasn't the middle of summer. It was only 3 days in.

I knew it works for few days only, so I say mid summer for inaccurate answer

I knew this just because I joined an empty server and survived until autumn

didn't check wiki so I can only based on my feeling from that past experience

9 hours ago, emin61 said:

I didn't know that =\

I only know that wildfires doesn't happen at the first and the last day of summer

Archived