Weird squeaking sound. Please help

Whenever I equip or open a container I hear this weird squeaking sound. This only happens when I host a server without caves. This doesn't happen when I host a server with caves, and it does not happen when a join any server. I tried disabling all mods, verifying game files, and uninstalling and reinstalling the game but this still happens. Can anyone help me figure out why this is happening, what this sound is, and how I can fix it?

I’ve noticed that squeaking sound, too. I just thought it was a small change to the game to add to the ~immersion~. Like recently, there was a more meaty sound when putting meat on a drying rack that wasn’t there before. I don’t play with caves on so I didn’t realize this was inconsistent. 

9 hours ago, smallishbird said:

Whenever I equip or open a container I hear this weird squeaking sound. This only happens when I host a server without caves. This doesn't happen when I host a server with caves, and it does not happen when a join any server. I tried disabling all mods, verifying game files, and uninstalling and reinstalling the game but this still happens. Can anyone help me figure out why this is happening, what this sound is, and how I can fix it?

Yeah me and my friends have this bug too! I reported as a bug and it's a known issue, I think it will be fixed soon.

Archived