Efficient and nonsense Hot Tub setup

Make your room a Vacuum, put on an Atmo Suit and use a Hot Tub.

20200617162827_1.thumb.jpg.e4be4d54d7b3c56e08fee0f61bdb0307.jpg

The biggest advantage of this setup is that it eliminates the need to replace hot water, which would otherwise be necessary.
All you need to do is add 100 kg of hot water during the initial setup.
After that, you can leave only one pipe in the liquid In & OUT port part and dismantle the remaining pipe. (Hot Tub works if there is a pipe connected to the port)

20200617162836_1.thumb.jpg.ff764ed6d9623a54602ba3cfbf4ef50d.jpg

The reason why hot water does not need to be replaced is because the Vacuum cuts off the heat exchange of hot water inside the Hot Tub.
Hot Tub has a function to forcibly cool the hot water inside, but that function only cools the hot water to 37.7℃.
In other words, by shutting off the heat exchange of the hot water, the hot water permanently maintains the minimum temperature of 37.7°C required for the Hot Tub to operate.

The hot water heat exchange point in the Hot Tub is the one tile in the middle of the Hot Tub.
By arranging water to avoid that one point, only the heat generated when the Hot Tub is in operation is handled.
20200617162848_1.thumb.jpg.57d5c04d757ae2408da546cdd906d10b.jpg

You may find it crazy to wear a suit and take a bath.
I agree with that.
But this kind of crazy thing often happens in ONI.

12 hours ago, kbn said:

The reason why hot water does not need to be replaced is because the Vacuum cuts off the heat exchange of hot water inside the Hot Tub. Hot Tub has a function to forcibly cool the hot water inside, but that function only cools the hot water to 37.7℃.

Nice find!

Dammit. Can you please, all, stop breaking our game ??!? This is a toy slaughter last days ! Behave yourself, drat !

Next step, some will drip hot tubes on Abyssalite tiles to create Tungsten at -273°C. Where the heck are we goin', I ask you.

13 hours ago, OxCD said:

Dammit. Can you please, all, stop breaking our game ??!? This is a toy slaughter last days ! Behave yourself, drat !

Next step, some will drip hot tubes on Abyssalite tiles to create Tungsten at -273°C. Where the heck are we goin', I ask you.

This is _progress_ ! There are always some that want to hold progress back, stick to the established ways and would likely still have dupes pee on the floor (or into their cots). So relax and enjoy the ride. Of course, I will never build one of the infernal contraptions of that "mathmanican" person, but this here is just a nice, safe home appliance.

I couldn't resist.  

image.thumb.png.91bceb42a17bf1929d444e5c431f24eb.png

1.5kg of chlorine is amazing stuff.  Pitty the hot tub won't work when flooded with magma....  @wachunga, we can make that regolith melter you were asking for, and convert all excess regolith to magma.

I'll be using this flaking design in my upcoming post that is designed to introduce to beginners, using 4 key examples, both solid and liquid flaking, for both heating and cooling. Gotta get it revised a couple times first, before it hits the forums. 

I sortof understand your doomsday chiller, but this is just magic.

I thought you flaked on the side of the autosweeper but where is the magma coming from? and if its flaking off the natural block, how is the mass being replenished?

edit: I think I maybe have it, regolith block being loaded from the autosweeper left, and then one cell of chlorine on the right being heated to flake the regolith block?

2 hours ago, mathmanican said:

1.5kg of chlorine is amazing stuff.  Pitty the hot tub won't work when flooded with magma....  @wachunga, we can make that regolith melter you were asking for, and convert all excess regolith to magma.

Maybe I just don't understand the premise, but what is the role of that hot tub?
Cooling magma...?

3 hours ago, kbn said:

Maybe I just don't understand the premise, but what is the role of that hot tub?
Cooling magma...?

Making the contraption not only infernal, but use that "nice, safe home appliance" (as I so foolishly said) as part of it! ;-)

2 hours ago, Gurgel said:

Making the contraption not only infernal, but use that "nice, save home appliance" (as I so foolishly said) as part of it! ;-)

Uh... sorry.
Maybe it's because I'm using the google translation, but I'm not sure what that sentence means.
Maybe it's a joke, but unfortunately I can't even tell if it's a joke. (I know almost no English-speaking culture...)

What I am wondering about is that the existence of Hot Tub seems unnecessary in the regolith melter mechanism.
If the original purpose was to obtain igneous rocks instead of magma, I can be convinced that they were arranged in anticipation of the cooling effect of Hot Tub. Is that the intention?
Or is the Hot Tub placed with a completely different intention that I never imagined?
I was curious about that.:geek:

16 minutes ago, kbn said:

Uh... sorry.
Maybe it's because I'm using the google translation, but I'm not sure what that sentence means.
Maybe it's a joke, but unfortunately I can't even tell if it's a joke. (I know almost no English-speaking culture...)

Yes, it is a joke. The hot tub is not necessary in any way. That is the joke. 

I can easily see how the joke would not survive getting mangled by Google translate. Don't worry about it.

14 minutes ago, Gurgel said:

Yes, it is a joke. The hot tub is not necessary in any way. That is the joke. 

I can easily see how the joke would not survive getting mangled by Google translate. Don't worry about it.

I see, thanks!:grin:

7 hours ago, kbn said:

what is the role of that hot tub?

It was a joke. It has zero purpose in the regolith melter which can melt 25kg per second of 300c regolith into magma.

8 hours ago, TheOneFinn said:

I think I maybe have it, regolith block being loaded from the autosweeper left, and then one cell of chlorine on the right being heated to flake the regolith block?

You've got it. I hope to have a gentle introduction to flaking written for new players by later today. 

11 hours ago, mathmanican said:

we can make that regolith melter you were asking for, and convert all excess regolith to magma.

Very nice.

The dispenser reloading natural tiles really is a huge game changer for solid flaking. I had put the project on the back burner since all the designs I could think of had some element I didn't care for.

Alas, with the bug being fixed no more sources of nigh infinite heat.

4 minutes ago, wachunga said:

Alas, with the bug being fixed no more sources of nigh infinite heat.

The last two weeks got quite a rapid response from the devs. Thanks for the help. I can now return to designing more realistic contraptions, though I might continue partially melting and partially evaporating things for fun for the next week.

8 minutes ago, mathmanican said:

The last two weeks got quite a rapid response from the devs. Thanks for the help. I can now return to designing more realistic contraptions, though I might continue partially melting and partially evaporating things for fun for the next week.

There is yet a heat swap bug to abuse, although for the moment i only see cooling usage... and high pressure is not for everyone.

1 minute ago, TripleM999 said:

There is yet a heat swap bug to abuse, although for the moment i only see cooling usage

If we can track it down exactly and repeatable abuse it in the next week, we might even help the devs find a fix for this patch. Thanks for the fun back and forth.

8 minutes ago, mathmanican said:

If we can track it down exactly and repeatable abuse it in the next week, we might even help the devs find a fix for this patch. Thanks for the fun back and forth.

The pleasure was all mine. :-D I'm curious how much the flaking fix influences OSHA designs, i hope for more bead stability. I fear, the abuse potential of the heat swap isn't that great, but let us see. At least i know, it helps quite a lot to cool down sour gas in horizontal exchangers.

8 minutes ago, TripleM999 said:

I'm curious how much the flaking fix influences OSHA designs, i hope for more bead stability.

It should improve EZ-bead designs quite a bit.  I actually think the alternating gas-bead-gas-bead pattern on regular bead pump builds prevents flaking (though that's still just conjecture based of what I've experienced while abusing the mechanic, and could be completely wrong - I noticed another odd behavoir last night while designing an aquatuner cooling build using 5010g of liquid to cool the tuner by 10 degrees every time it got too hot). The EZ-bead has some bunching issues that would enable flaking by not trapping the donor and parent. 

7 minutes ago, mathmanican said:

It should improve EZ-bead designs quite a bit.  I actually think the alternating gas-bead-gas-bead pattern on regular bead pump builds prevents flaking (though that's still just conjecture based of what I've experienced while abusing the mechanic, and could be completely wrong - I noticed another odd behavoir last night while designing an aquatuner cooling build using 5010g of liquid to cool the tuner by 10 degrees every time it got too hot). The EZ-bead has some bunching issues that would enable flaking by not trapping the donor and parent. 

I witnessed some odd flaking, while i tried to modify your 5010-flaking bead. I used 10kg, and the bead dispersed into 3 parts, one 5kg petroleum, one 1.5kg petroleum, and one 3.5kg crude part, if i remember right. Trashed the idea shortly after.

4 minutes ago, TripleM999 said:

I witnessed some odd flaking, while i tried to modify your 5010-flaking bead. I used 10kg, and the bead dispersed into 3 parts, one 5kg petroleum, one 1.5kg petroleum, and one 3.5kg crude part, if i remember right. Trashed the idea shortly after

@Zarquan's part 2 post, on the second page, has more details on this.  It resembles the exact same liquid mechanics involved in in high mass single bead expansion. I could probably even give you the exact amounts that are thrown in different directions (they are powers of 1/2), if I took enough time (that was on the back burner after getting a mas revolt started...) The revolution was ended before it got started, so now I may go back to understanding the liquid mechanics behind these violently thrown off blobs. 

By the way devs, I love the fact the blobs get thrown off like this.  It's very consistent with the one-element per tile universe, and for me it was a beautifully way to illustrate how violent phase transitions can get.  I was pleasantly enthralled by the mechanic (and will probably see how I can control it at some point).

Archived