My issue with Walter

2 hours ago, Sweaper said:

He is/was too edgy in his comment section, some say its his persona, whether it's true or not some people didn't like his edginess. And because he popularized the trio gods while trashing on the other characters, people don't like having their favorite characters treated as trash.

He hates Willow for some reason, and he also hates Wigfrid because she's apparently just a "worse Wolfgang", who is his main. 

Just now, MagicalSkies said:

Can we stop making this a discussion about Edgy Rick and get back on topic?

Lol. I know. Too easy to get off task with these kind of things.

I think what OP meant by Warly not being good at killing bosses is that he cant just chug down blue mushroom caps and pierogis for healing and cooked cactus for sanity during boss fights. Sure he has some strong damage buffs but healing does become a problem.

Walter is definitely not ideal for solo play. You need at least one other player to draw aggro onto mobs while you fire slingshots from a safe distance. But once you are playing with that one other character, you can really see his strengths truly shine. I have not even experimented with things like slow down rounds or the freeze rounds yet.

18 hours ago, E1234 said:

I think what OP meant by Warly not being good at killing bosses is that he cant just chug down blue mushroom caps and pierogis for healing and cooked cactus for sanity during boss fights. Sure he has some strong damage buffs but healing does become a problem.

Walter is definitely not ideal for solo play. You need at least one other player to draw aggro onto mobs while you fire slingshots from a safe distance. But once you are playing with that one other character, you can really see his strengths truly shine. I have not even experimented with things like slow down rounds or the freeze rounds yet.

healing as warly is not a problem. use 1-2 food items with salt and heal the rest with healing salve or honey poultice. i played warly for a very long time and i could kill bosses very easily.

8 hours ago, YumoS said:

healing as warly is not a problem. use 1-2 food items with salt and heal the rest with healing salve or honey poultice. i played warly for a very long time and i could kill bosses very easily.

Whats easier - chopping blue mushroom trees down or sailing into the ocean to mine salt and take the time to make healing salves or honey poultices?

On 6/17/2020 at 9:08 AM, Well-met said:

What's wrong with Edgy Rick

Hes delusional a lil bit, arrogant af and kinda insistent once he returns after talk a lot of **** about this game, so... meh. He just dont deserves his fans.

Angry rant in spoiler-

Spoiler

Am I just abnormal when I say that I give zero cares for a YouTube/Twitch streamer? I can careless who the streamer is- I don’t know Edgy Rick from Becky Vick.. 

And here’s the straight up truth- I DON’T CARE EITHER! 

That’s peoples problems- They like and follow something because there’s some wanna be celebrity on the screen begging them to “like & subscribe” Puhhh-Lezz... I Watch Video game streams to SEE and HEAR a game I’m interested in being played, I don’t care at all to see your face on Webcam or to hear your voice on a headset while watching you play said game, I don’t care at all to see the comments section of your followers... I want to see and hear strictly gameplay- And that’s the way I feel like ALL Video game streamers should be.

I wanted to get that rant out of the way sorry :( now that that is out of the way...

I myself- only have a handful of issues with Walter.

1- if there’s a server full of Walters it is impossible to tell who’s Woby belongs to Who, so some new skins or color neck scarfs would help a lot here.

2- For him to be aimed at being new player friendly by giving them a permanent unkillable storage box and personal mount, as well as being immune to sanity drain (unless he’s lost health) then his ridiculously small hunger stats counter that completely, I actual find myself starving to death playing as Walter if I have to get up and leave the room for more than 10 minutes..

3- Woby should have more interaction, in small form helping to lead the way after hunt tracks, maybe even playing fetch with her.. I don’t know she just feels like a tacked on storage box more then an actual dog. 

But that circles around to DST and Critters in general- Theyre Purely Cosmetic only and have no actual Pet like traits at all.. Still till this very day CARRAT was the only “Pet” that felt like an actual pet- if you didn’t feed it it could starve, you could train it, race it, have it follow you, you could feed it certain seeds to change its colors..

And finally 4- If Walter is actually supposed to be Deathly Allergic to Bees they should do more then just be a minor annoyance to him, Heck just being around them should probably drain his sanity or something..

5ish? - Other players being able to access Wobys inventory may be off putting to some players, however If they removed the ability for other players to store stuff into Woby then that also removes some of the Teamwork that Walter provides.

(that last ones a mixed bag..)

It's weird to me that people keep saying Walter is the character aimed at new players mainly because it feels like Willow is the perfect starter character her starting gear can teach a player how to play without explanation while also giving them breathing room to experiment with hard beginner concepts like insanity.

Archived