Walter's Pinetree Pioneer Hat

According to the DST wiki, Walter's hat gives a +2 sanity/min for wearing it, but Walter doesn't get sanity for wearing clothing items. Just something that seemed a little weird to me, especially considering a Top Hat only costs 2 more silk and requires a science machine for 3.3 sanity/min, so it seems a bit pointless to make it for others. It does last 2 days longer though and give some summer protection, so I guess if that's important enough a player it's a good alternative, but I've never personally been in a situation were +2 silk is that bad of an investment if I even need sanity and it kind of seems like it was added to the item for no real reason.

So uhh The only use I’ve found for that hat when actually playing as Walter is that wearing it and holding a Parasol/Umbrella is enough to negate getting wet when it rains.

I didn’t think the hat served any other purpose (For Walter) besides to look cool.. I haven’t bothered making them for other non-Walter players.. Xbox One currently be like: EVERYBODY IS WALTER!

28 minutes ago, Anomen77 said:

The Pinetree Pioneer Hat  reduces to half the amount of sanity Walter loses when getting hit. The 1.8 sanity regen is just for other characters to use in spring (with an umbrella) or summer.

Yeah, that use is completely useless since wearing football helmet reduces both hp hit and sanity hit by 80%. The effect is only useful when you have equipped the hat on accident when fighting.

2 hours ago, Mike23Ua said:

So uhh The only use I’ve found for that hat when actually playing as Walter is that wearing it and holding a Parasol/Umbrella is enough to negate getting wet when it rains.

I didn’t think the hat served any other purpose (For Walter) besides to look cool.. I haven’t bothered making them for other non-Walter players.. Xbox One currently be like: EVERYBODY IS WALTER!

Welp there is one wendy,always.

Why? Shes easy to play.

For everyone who doesn't know what the hat does for Walter - when you're at 104 hp (80% max hp) or above as Walter, you can equip the hat to not lose sanity over time. One of Walter's downsides is that he loses sanity over time if his hp is <100%. The hat helps negate that a little bit. It also lowers sanity drain at lower hp than you would lose if you were not wearing the hat. Another downside Walter has is he loses 2 sanity for every 1 damage he takes. However if he's wearing the hat, then it's reduced to losing 1 sanity for every 1 damage he takes. The hat is about sanity loss prevention for him. 

Overall the hat seems fine as is, and functions well enough. Beyond its main fuction, it provides a sanity boost at 2/min to other characters who wear it, it gives 20% rain protection, and a cooling amount of 60.

Archived