Absolute 0 luck?

I've made this post to ask if im just REALLY unlucky or is it something with my game

I own the game since 2017 and to this day ive got only 2 elegant skin drops if im correct, yet a friend that just got the game already got more elegants after 200 hours than i got in a 1000 hours 

Am i really that unlucky or is this a sort of a glitch 

If your playing on consoles your 14th drop obtained within a week is A guaranteed Distinguished. (if you haven’t gotten one this week yet) I’m not sure how that works on PC so I can’t tell you what does and what doesn’t work there.

All I do know is you can get 7 gifts from daily logging in per day and an additional 7 from time spent actually playing the game- These Reset every Thursday around 5pm my time (it’s 6:41pm now for reference)

Hopefully this helps you to obtain better drops.

17 minutes ago, Mike23Ua said:

If your playing on consoles your 14th drop obtained within a week is A guaranteed Elegant (if you haven’t gotten one this week yet)

Where did you even get that information? I play on console and i can guarantee you that this statement is false.

6 minutes ago, Warlockadamm said:

Where did you even get that information? I play on console and i can garantee you that this statement is false.

I play this game and have to log into four different accounts because sadly the family members I bought the game to play with.. have no interest at all in playing it, yet I still want to make sure they get nice skins if they ever do get that itch to want to play.

As such- Across 4 different accounts on 4 different Xbox Consoles I can indeed confirm that loot drops aren’t as random as you guys make them out to be, your guaranteed a good drop if you stick out the full weekly drop limit.

*shrugs* maybe it’s just a glitch in the Xbox versions code? Heck if I know.. 

I own DST since it's beta and for the first 1000 hours I had gotten 0 elegants.
In March 7 2019 the skin drop system got changes that not only raised the number of skin drops you could get every week from 4 to 15 (7 daily skin drops + 8 weekly skin drops) but also raised the chances for you to get a skin from a higher rarity. Since then I've gotten an elegant skin  from time to time (like 1 every one month and a half). You could definitely be "unlucky", but take in consideration that it's way easier to get an elegant skin nowadays than it used to be back in 2017 - 2018.

Those were the skin drop system changes that ocurred in 2019:

image.thumb.png.b7b60da7f7b6d1d10fb016db20dd2a53.png

This is the link for the thread that has this information:

37 minutes ago, Mike23Ua said:

If your playing on consoles your 14th drop obtained within a week is A guaranteed Elegant (if you haven’t gotten one this week yet) I’m not sure how that works on PC so I can’t tell you what does and what doesn’t work there.

I play on PlayStation since launch in 2016, without interruption, and redeem all possible skins, this information does not exist

1 minute ago, Marco BR said:

I play on PlayStation since launch in 2016, without interruption, and redeem all possible skins, this information does not exist

It’s not elegant, it’s Distinguished.. if all other drops have been crappy brown loafers the 14th drop is guaranteed to be of pink rarity.

If you’ve already gotten your pink rarity drop, then your 14th drop can be another pair of crappy brown loafers.

14 minutes ago, Mike23Ua said:

It’s not elegant, it’s Distinguished.. if all other drops have been crappy brown loafers the 14th drop is guaranteed to be of pink rarity.

If you’ve already gotten your pink rarity drop, then your 14th drop can be another pair of crappy brown loafers.

sounds more like a superstition made by a stadistic event

I'm not sure how much you play now compared to "back then," but there was a pretty sizable increase in the quality and quantity of drops a short while ago.  Right now its not unusual to get pretty good skin drops several times a week where "before" you might get 1 that wasn't common a month...

Archived