Receiving Wilson's beards in the Curio Chest.

So I recently got a bunch of Wilson's beard "skins" (skins in quotations because it isn't the entire skin i got just the beards from them) in the Curio Chest and literally have no clue how to equip them or just using them without the skin to go with it. I'm not sure why I would get a bunch of beard skins and not be able to use them but my theory on this is that they change randomly in game or something like that, I wanted to know what you guys thought.

2020-06-11.png

On 6/11/2020 at 3:53 PM, EyelessBen said:

literally have no clue how to equip them

According to a previous post, there are two ways to equip the beard you want to have:

1. Use the relative Wilson skin
  2. Use the Clean Sweeper on yourself to change between beards

17 hours ago, Bellium said:

Wait what!? I swear you were able to just equip these

I wish you could. It'd be cool if they added a new tab in addition to head, chest, legs, etc, where you choose the default skin for a character specific item. Wilson's beard, Abigail's flower, and Wendy's bear all need to be hit wtih a Clean Sweeper if you don't want the default appearance, I believe.

5 hours ago, Cheggf said:

I wish you could. It'd be cool if they added a new tab in addition to head, chest, legs, etc, where you choose the default skin for a character specific item. Wilson's beard, Abigail's flower, and Wendy's bear all need to be hit wtih a Clean Sweeper if you don't want the default appearance, I believe.

200% agree on that one, I didn't buy skin sets just to use the default corresponding items! And then I either have to go out of my way to find a clean sweep or dump my otherwise good starting gear just so my items can match my characters aesthetic

4 hours ago, gaymime said:

-coughs- perhaps someone was thinking of you?

https://steamcommunity.com/sharedfiles/filedetails/?id=2166596392

Hell yeah, now that someone else has linked my mod I can talk about it freely, right?

It's annoying to me that Wilson has to get the magic tab, then spend living logs and dark petals just to change his beard, its strange in general that the Clean Sweeper costs so much.

Characters like Walter have MAJOR clipping and scale issue with his hat depending on the skin, even his basic starter hat, yet you cannot freely change the skin of the hat you start out with.

Willow's Ashley > Bernie skin requires some very specific, not necessarily easy to get resources, I've never seen anyone use it because again, you start of with Bernie and have no easy way to change his skin, why waste a bunch of resources just to get a skin swap?

So, for Wilson atleast, I made a simple mod to give him a Wilson exclusive comb. All so you can change the style of his beard.

Shouldn't need mods for something as basic as that.

Archived