How to troll players

DST is a team game... Right? Well, not everyone is  nice and cool. They are quite a few traps you can do at spawn. Maybe you wanna make an April's fools joke. Perhaps you just want to make sure that beginners die and that only pro players will survive to get on your team. Or maybe you are just mean. But whatever the reason is, here are 5 traps that you can use to kill people that join your server. I will make a disclaimer: only use these traps on friends for a funny time. Its not fun for people who join to get killed.

Trap #1: the wall trap. This one is simple: you put any kind of walls around the portal. The player will die to environment. Some players do not know that you can smash them normally: they are usually beginners. However, experienced players might think about smashing them normally. 

Trap #2: The character selection trap. This one is simple: make a wall around the portal and place a fence to let some players out. Then, place a few mobs that are aggressive towards some specific characters. For example, if you are tired of your friend being Wigfrid, you place bunnymens right next to the wooden gate: since she starts with meat, they will attack her. To keep them out, make a small enclosure with food in the middle, so that your friend Wigfrid does not escape if she is lucky enough to join during the day.

Trap #3: The skeleton trap. Kill yourself multiple times and use life giving amulets. Make sure you die in such a way that it leaves skeletons behind that will block off players. Your friend will not be able to smack them and will die to the environment. 

Trap #4: The Shadow Pieces trap. Lure the shadow pieces to spawn and then teleport yourself away so that they lose aggro next to the spawn. This will kill a your friend for sure XD. 

Trap #5: The emptiness trap. Basically, the concept is to remove most of the resources next to spawn and use them for your base far away. This will make it so that your friend is in for a challenge.

In conclusion, your friends are gonna hate you, but hey, you will have a lot of fun :)

Trap #6: The Bone Shard farm. Pick Wickerbottom and spawn Tentacles near the Spawn. Every players who isn't aware of the trap or not able to react fast enough will die and leave a skeleton behind which is hammerable for 2x Bone shard.

But I would not recommend you to use any of these traps since they are considered griefing.

6 minutes ago, chenais said:

In conclusion, my reputation is now dead

'Confused' reactions won't affect your total reputation in this forum.

1 minute ago, Viktor234 said:

Trap #6: The Bone Shard farm. Pick Wickerbottom and spawn Tentacles near the Spawn. Every players who isn't aware of the trap or not able to react fast enough will die and leave a skeleton behind which is hammerable for 2x Bone shard.

But I would not recommend you to use any of these traps since they are considered griefing.

'Confused' reactions won't affect your total reputation in this forum.

Why not go a step further and do a triple wall around Spawn (bonus if you use corpses and/or fossils), then riddle space inside with tentacles. And leave some Shadows there for good measure. Go all out or go home, right?! :beaten:

It should go without saying, but doing any of this will get you permanently banned from any public steam-group servers. Have fun getting all of your server options above 8 players removed completely let alone options to play on in general. 

10 minutes ago, Viktor234 said:

After time it doesn't matter how fast you run.

grief.png

If I'd approve this message, which I don't, I'd add that its much easier and effective to make a pen and trap as many ewecus as you can in there. Nobody is fast enough to dodge being insta-trapped in a blob of snot, while being kicked in the head by 3 angry sheeps.

But I'd never do that nor I recommend anyone doing this in a public server.

Archived