Not to linger on the achievement thing for any longer than necessary, but if I remember correctly Klei specifically doesn't want achievements for Don't Starve to be a thing
They only exist on the console versions because I think it's a requirement if you want to put it on Xbone or PS4

Anyway yeah I think a Bestiary would be super cool, since the only ways to really know about animals or bosses currently is either trial and error or just looking it up, but thats arguably part of the Don't Starve experience

8 hours ago, Sunset Skye said:

I would absolutely love this, especially if it comes along with questionably-scientific notes by Wilson "explaining" the mobs' biology, and cooking recipes from Warly, just like the Piklopedia.

It would be great to have something like it, a book and within it info gathered by our survivors on various things they encountered in th Constant, with their personal notes like you said Wilson for some science stuff and Warly for cooking mostly. It would be fun to see for example what would Wendy, Webber and Wurt add there randomly, be it either drawing or note. And I don't mean just their usuall quotes but something kinda different. But there could be a place for their usuall quotes too.

the hp for bosses are just perfect for 1 to 3 players so i dont see why klei should waste money in that. 

Compendium could bring crafting recipes so you dont need to be playing to check them or a list of mobs but nothign that tells anything or players will get tired of the game so soon.

What made me play over 2.5k hours between ds  and dst was the roge lite part of the game. I have died for no having light, armor, weapon, food, killed by spiders, by shadows, by bosses, etc if i started playing and the game tells me how to kill pigs or spiders or how to survive X season i wont play 2k hours, maybe with the half i would see everything and get boring of it. Not knowing anything makes that every time you try you play in a different way and makes you evolve as a player.

at first you are glad of surviving 11 days then you are glad for surviving an entire season, glad to kill X raid boss, etc The travel is what feels good not being able to do everything

I have a friend that started play this game with full mods to make it easy and watching guides to cheese every boss so he kills everything with his boys in few days (imaging having 5 hours of play and kill DST DF) that is not how this works and he now doesnt play because he burned the game experience 

really sorry for my english in this post, i should go to sleep xD

36 minutes ago, ArubaroBeefalo said:

the hp for bosses are just perfect for 1 to 3 players so i dont see why klei should waste money in that. 

Compendium could bring crafting recipes so you dont need to be playing to check them or a list of mobs but nothign that tells anything or players will get tired of the game so soon.

What made me play over 2.5k hours between ds  and dst was the roge lite part of the game. I have died for no having light, armor, weapon, food, killed by spiders, by shadows, by bosses, etc if i started playing and the game tells me how to kill pigs or spiders or how to survive X season i wont play 2k hours, maybe with the half i would see everything and get boring of it. Not knowing anything makes that every time you try you play in a different way and makes you evolve as a player.

at first you are glad of surviving 11 days then you are glad for surviving an entire season, glad to kill X raid boss, etc The travel is what feels good not being able to do everything

I have a friend that started play this game with full mods to make it easy and watching guides to cheese every boss so he kills everything with his boys in few days (imaging having 5 hours of play and kill DST DF) that is not how this works and he now doesnt play because he burned the game experience 

really sorry for my english in this post, i should go to sleep xD

This is saddening to me :( it’s like those over powered one shot kill modded guns people are using in State of Decay 2 to kill out all the plague hearts on Nightmare Difficulty..

Meanwhile I’m sitting over here like- “.... Dude why did you even buy the game again?”

Archived