Stop teasing us, klei

1 hour ago, Dr. Safety said:

I’m kinda hoping they save both him and Maxwell for last. There is some unresolved lore between the two that needs answering and I think it’s fitting to save that for last

Yeah probably 

7 hours ago, Dr. Safety said:

I’m kinda hoping they save both him and Maxwell for last. There is some unresolved lore between the two that needs answering and I think it’s fitting to save that for last

Maybe they'll get reworked at the same time, and perhaps the animated short could be the two of them hashing things out over a campfire while the others are out doing their own thing. We could see some flashbacks from when Maxwell was still going by William, how he met Charlie, found the Codex Umbra, etc, and maybe(?) we could learn something new about Wilson, why he aspires to keep being a scientist, even when all his tests inevitably explode or fail.

Perhaps it could end in the two of them seeing eye to eye, the two of them are more similar then they realize, Wilson was a failed scientist much like how Maxwell was barely getting by before reinventing himself with the discovery of the codex. To reflect this, they could greet each other with less uncertainty in-game? :o

56 minutes ago, ArubaroBeefalo said:

he can gather, fight, eat, sail, one of the best for winter scouting, etc How can be useless?

The reworks aren’t about who is most or least useless, it’s about making each character stand apart from each other and be truly unique and fun to play, the beard growing gimmick is okay.. but it’s no where near as polished as all the stuff characters like Willow, Woodie & Wendy can do.

I love how each Refresh has given each character their own unique playstyles, for example as a Willow player most your time will be spent collecting hounds teeth and silk to build sewing kits to repair Bernie, and keeping items in your inventory to raise or lower your sanity levels, Your Inventory will consist of multiple Bernies, Sewing Kits, Sanity Manipulating Items, & Hounds Tooth

As a Wendy player most your time will be spent communing with Pipspook to find lost things in exchange for Mourning Glory to craft Potions that you can apply to your Sister Abigail, you’ll also be picking up more flowers then you used to to refuel Sisturn- Your Inventory will constantly consist of Flower Petal, Ashes, Mourning Glory & Ectoherbology Potions.

As a Woodie player your time will be spent chopping wood at a much faster rate then other players but also spawning Treeguards more frequently as a trade off, & Manipulating your 3 Wereforms at your own will- The Beaver for Resource Gathering, the Moose for Fighting, and the Goose to quickly move around the map, you will also be keeping items in your inventory that pre-rework you wouldn’t have, Your Inventory will consist of holding onto Seeds more often then you used to, Lucy Axe, Grass, Logs, Foods to quickly refuel hunger meter, And Transformation Idols.

As a Winona player- People will just turn into you long enough to build your equipment then they’ll swap to another character never needing you again, as someone who actually LIKES playing as Winona I hope they go back and Re-Rework her for a Third time... Maybe allow Winona to repair burned Structures at no cost with her handy tools or Something that only she A Mechanic can use.

Ahem Anyway- My point is that EVERY Rework has been giving each character their own unique playstyle, and as someone who lives their whole life playing video games where you had limited inventory space and had to learn to Micro-Manage your Inventory, I absolutely LOVE how every Rework has given characters new items they will constantly be lugging around in their back packs.

The TL:DR- Every Rework so far has given each character new items that you’ll also have to carry around in your inventory, instead of just carrying everything you need on you all at once.

Wes, Wilson, Wolfgang... I’m calling all of You guys out- Your time will come.

The community staff i collaborate also laughed that the beards were Wilson's rework.  :wilson_laugh:

If Wilson's rework comes out this year, I'll cry. 

9 hours ago, Slagger said:

Wilson have best skins! I always want play with him but he is useless.

He have "the best skins" but barely get new skins (It's been 1 year and 6 months since the last one). With the new beards the quality of them has improved considerably. But some of them like Forge 2 and Halloween just aren't so good because of the beard that takes away the personality. 

1 hour ago, ArubaroBeefalo said:

he can gather, fight, eat, sail, one of the best for winter scouting, etc How can be useless?

It's not useless, but easily replaceable (Besides not having a gameplay focus set with his personality). That's his problem these days. 

19 minutes ago, ArubaroBeefalo said:

atleast with that people who dont know where to get hair could make an effigie

since the new skins he is S+ pls

I unraveled everything I had to get the snowfallen because of the blue beard lmao

Archived