Wigfrid Rework ideas

So, I'm a Wigfrid main, and after the first reworks have been announced, I have been wondering what Wigfrid's rework would be. Here are a few ideas I have come up with:

• Wigfrid's battlecry from the Forge returns, granting a buff to allies after X amount of hits.
  • Wigfrid can get more hits in on a mob before it attacks.
  • Wigfrid gets 150 max hunger instead of 120. Alternatively, she could gain more benefits from meats, similar to Wurt.
  • Wigfrid gets special combat maneuvers with her Battle Spear, such as throwing it or Pyre Poker.
  • Other hostile Warriors respect her and are not hostile to her, such as Guardian Pigs and Spider Warriors.

That's all I've thought of. If you have any ideas, I would Love to hear them.

Very cool ideas! Crazy opinion maybe, but if I had my way I actually wouldn't want many changes for Wigfrid. I think she's very well balanced, having a great downside that will for sure change your playstyle one way or another, and powerful upsides, the helmets and spears are wonderous to craft for your teammates and I don't think theres much else I would want.

Spoiler

image.png.8b195b48941018b74da0699ef597e5af.png

Hey, could always add domestication for Moose goose, ;}

Wigfrid is still not an actual Viking Warrior, I play her a lot but... I would hope her rework will show brief glimpses of the Real person who is pretending she’s a Viking.

Many people (Myself included) believe her real Persona is Winnie the vegetarian farmer girl, however she takes her stage performance act of being a mighty Viking Warrior so far to the extremes that she forgets that she’s actually a Vegetarian and eats the meat of the beasts she’s slain.

Just now, Mike23Ua said:

Many people (Myself included) believe her real Persona is Winnie the vegetarian farmer girl

that's an interesting theory! I would be pretty interested in hearing what proof/evidence there is of this. Wigfrids past concepts were supposedly Winnie which transformed into the character we have today. But that's just concepts changing and evolving, not exactly proof of the character we know today being a past concept.

6 minutes ago, Mike23Ua said:

Wigfrid is still not an actual Viking Warrior, I play her a lot but... I would hope her rework will show brief glimpses of the Real person who is pretending she’s a Viking.

Many people (Myself included) believe her real Persona is Winnie the vegetarian farmer girl, however she takes her stage performance act of being a mighty Viking Warrior so far to the extremes that she forgets that she’s actually a Vegetarian and eats the meat of the beasts she’s slain.

I know that she is not really a valkyrie, and I do like your Winnie Theory. But, what matters is her current persona, Wigfrid. To add to the Actor element, perhaps she could get some abilities like playing dead: she pretends to die, making nearby mobs lose aggro. After the mob loses aggro, if Wigfrid attacks the mob before it aggros again, she deals extra damage.

i think she is perfect in her current state and i dont really want any change on her but if i have to choose i like the throwing her battle spear idea, could be usefull to get the aggro on you quickly to save other player from bosses but i only want a full lore animate short

The world seems so designed around her that she doesn’t need anything big.

I’m thinking giving her the ability to start hunts at will, with something like a craftable horn, and less footprints before the animal appears would be great. Maybe add some craftables from hunt drops too.

I also believe Wigfrid is in a very good spot as her character's pros and cons go. I wouldn't change anything of what she already has. What I would add though in relation to specific-character tabs other re-works got, would be a body-type armor in tune with her helmet and spear. And maybe the ability to make at main Ancient Pseudoscience Station a specific type of weapon and armor (head & torso) via Thulecite or upgrade her weapon/armor with Thule and Nightmare Fuel. And, as others above stated, perhaps porting her Forge Battle Cry as a team-oriented perk.

10 hours ago, Blue Moth said:
  • Wigfrid gets 150 max hunger instead of 120. Alternatively, she could gain more benefits from meats, similar to Wurt.

Where's the need of increasing her max hunger from 120 to 150, or even giving her more benefits from meats?

Meat is pretty easy to gather, especially if you start with 85% armor, a weapon which deals at least 50 damage per hit, and the ability to restore health and sanity while gathering meat. There's also meat everywhere in the world: Most of the forests contain spiders, and suspicious dirtpiles spawn over time. And if it's still not enough for you, then you can mix meat with vegetables in the crock pot and obtain a non-vegetable dish which restores about as much hunger as the fillers you used, allowing you to eat vegetables in a different kind of way.

Archived