I recreated the Imperial March from Star Wars with Shell Bells

Here we go! Next Shell Bell song. I tried challenging myself this time by adding the rhythm in. But I left a little bit of rhythm out towards the end as it just sounded overloaded and the main melody wasn't as noticeable. 

What do you guys think?

Also check out Warlockadamm's topic about previously done Shell Bell covers by the community further down below. If you want to see more of these.

3 hours ago, CaptainChaotica said:

That is awesome!  It really sounds like it and you've even got like under-harmonies and stuff going on.  Man, I wish I had that much of an unobstructed space I could just walk straight through somewhere on my map...but I'm not sure if I do.  : P

...Notorious

Not gonna lie hah, it's quite hard to find so much space in a straight line. 

1 hour ago, Rhovious Aran said:

Not gonna lie hah, it's quite hard to find so much space in a straight line. 

What's the process behind it all? I was stressing just trying to fit the first bar of Megalovania next to a road and the whole note selection drives me nuts...

22 hours ago, Lucenix said:

What's the process behind it all? I was stressing just trying to fit the first bar of Megalovania next to a road and the whole note selection drives me nuts...

So well, first I go about finding a song. 

Then I'll just google like "Imperial March Letter Notes". Find something that shows me the notes, but it really needs to be something that I already know. I am quite good at rhythm so I can usually figure out the distance between the notes myself.

I use walls as an indicator for how far apart I need to place the shells for it to sound right. 

A lot of spawning shells, examining their notes with wigfrid and then adjusting them to the ones I need, this part is the most annoying one and eats up the most time, just getting the shells you need....

And yeah you need a good swath of land in a straight line without any roads. For my first song I didnt notice how there was a natural road messing up the speed at parts, and I was thinking it was just lag or smth, stupid me.

Archived