Duplicant Suicide

Hi have a big problem in Duplicant willing to suicide. Happens so many time in various occasion, but mostly: 

you have a floor planned for deconstruction. they start demolishing from the first tile, isolating themselves on the other side (and ops, that was a room full of CO2...). 

another case happens million of time, sealing a room. they walk inside and seal themselves in. 

Countless stair built and unbuilt leaving no way out. 

there is any way to avoid this...?

4 hours ago, Nerokiwi said:

there is any way to avoid this...?

Simply : no. It's just happening, to every player, no matter if you're on early or very-late game. That's an unavoidable outcome of game building & digging mechanics. Be careful with your demolishing order. Build ladders. Watch the notification. Use materials that are close from the isolated dup. Or the rollback will be your ultimate solution.

image.png.2e5a7b0e6821b01fd8b83b0731ade769.png

Atmosuits help a lot with this problem.  A full atmosuit contains enough air for a cycle or so, which means you can use the 'made a mess' alert when they pee in their suit as a 'someone is stuck' alert.  It doesn't stop them from doing stupid things, just gives you more time to deal with the problem before they suffocate.

I've had many a duplicant run out of food and starve to death when they were too focused on Priority Level Please "!" build orders to save another dupe. The food supply was literally 5 blocks away.

No! Not Liera!

Suicide types:

• Suicide by fasting
  • Suicide by stuck in area with an atmosuit with no notifications
  • Suicide by falling off of ladder into inescapable area. (had this happen in my Emptera map, duplicant fell onto the bottom of the map)
  • Suicide by getting built in or falling off a ladder, without a suit in an oxygen area, starved to death
  • Suicide by lava to pick up 10g of granite

What I usually do to deal with starving dupes during a yellow alert is issue them a movement command to get inside of the base(only works is yellow objectives are outside of base) and then just tick them off of the door permissions on the door. Even once I get nice liquid locks in place I’ll still use at least an open pneumatic door one tile out from the exosuit checkpoint simply to facilitate this mechanic. I’ll admit though I occasionally I’ll lose a cycle or so of duplicant labor outside the base on account of forgetting to tick them back on. 

Hey, at least dupes are far less inclined toward murder than they used to be. Group construction efforts -frequently- resulted in someone getting paved into the floor previously. Now it's just their aggressive social distancing you have to watch out for.

Archived