Incorporate Body Types into Skins

I've been thinking, and the way character-specific skins look on other characters seems Odd to me: Here is Wolfgang wearing a Wickerbottom skin:

image.png.85bcecf675777657b1dd2b31b6eb6641.png

he looks really weird, with the super skinny torso and the buff arms.

Also, This Wurt skin doesn't work with anyone but Wurt, once again with Wolfgang as the worst example.

image.png.3f54cec2e200d9c67d4f94e8be3c6111.png

And Here is the worst one in my opinion:

image.png.70b16b6233e2e20d307c3803c6524891.png
My goodness Klei, Give the Female characters a bikini top or something when wearing this Wolfgang skin!

2 minutes ago, Terra M Welch said:

Yes please, Wolfgang's big muscle hands look weird on other skins, it's annoying to see Wolfgang's big hands on my main wendy outfit just because I wanted a pair of black fingerless gloves.

What's your main Wendy outfit?

I understand where ya'll are coming from, but I don't think there's an easy solution to this. The only way I could see this working is if each and every single body skin item in the game had many multiple versions depending on who you're playing, but that would be an astronomical amount of work for such a small detail, and would probably slow skin production down to a snail's pace. :apathy:

I know the struggle, though.

image.thumb.png.c20139ca9fcf7339977d06a606c34e9c.png

image.png.e3cce186870c4b76e416558b80e6a86d.png

I don't think they could do this unless they simply made X variations of each skin.  I'd rather have the quirky skin selection we have now.  Sure you can find some bad examples, but I never fail to find multiple good outfits when I play dress up.

The only real thing to do is ask for more basic skins that can serve as components.  We have too many full body "auto-skins" that lack room for creativity.

They could just make one base version and then a special version with body types that are more noticeably different, like Wolfgang, Wendy, Wickerbottom, Wurt and Maybe Wes, although i think he's not too bad.

13 minutes ago, Hornete said:

I don't think this is nessacary.

True, the game is already full of abominations so why not turn yourself into one? Some stuff in this thread can be considered nit-picky and some uh, special, but again, entirely up to klei if they want to fix the "not fitting" cosmetic and miscalellaneous assets for each character.

2 hours ago, Lumberlocke said:

I understand where ya'll are coming from, but I don't think there's an easy solution to this. The only way I could see this working is if each and every single body skin item in the game had many multiple versions depending on who you're playing, but that would be an astronomical amount of work for such a small detail, and would probably slow skin production down to a snail's pace. :apathy:

I know the struggle, though.

image.thumb.png.c20139ca9fcf7339977d06a606c34e9c.png

image.png.e3cce186870c4b76e416558b80e6a86d.png

Dude.. he has on a White undershirt and White gloves. It’s not like that’s meant to be skin color. 

it works equally as good for Warly as it does Wilson.

heres my favorite Wigfrid skin. 
C3C777A9-5A3F-44A8-BDC1-4F56DBCDA88C.thumb.jpeg.57387fc11798625d698856f18299f2e8.jpeg

Notice how she looks nothing at all like Wigfrid and more like a cute Minotaur? 
I couldn’t have done that without being able to mix and match skin parts.

5 minutes ago, Mike23Ua said:

I couldn’t have done that without being able to mix and match skin parts.

I'm not saying that we shouldn't get to mix and match, I'm just saying that they should match with the rest of the character's body.

1 hour ago, Blue Moth said:

I think Klei should at least give a top to that wolfgang skin for the female characters.

I feel kinda strongly they shouldn't.  I like to put skirts on all the characters and would hate it if they "manlified" the skirts when I put it on a male character.  Why feminize a skin just for a female?  If a person wants to put that top with that face they probably want that top with that face.  Maybe a solution would be to add a skin of a bakini top that anyone can equip if they want one?

18 hours ago, Monkey Cups said:

The sheer amount of work it would require to do this would not be worth it. Besides, I like running around as buff Willow.

You could still be buff willow, just buff willow with a bikini top.

14 minutes ago, Blue Moth said:

You could still be buff willow, just buff willow with a bikini top.

What if he doesn't want a bikini top?  Is a buff bikini top in high demand?  If so, why don't we just ask for a buff bikini top skin too?

6 hours ago, Shosuko said:

What if he doesn't want a bikini top?  Is a buff bikini top in high demand?  If so, why don't we just ask for a buff bikini top skin too?

eh, i guess that's fair. We could go with both.

Archived