Wurt can't see tentacles during Winter.

So, I've been playing DST with my buddy, I am Wurt and he is Webber, and we dominate the swamp together. But during Winter, I can't see the tentacles because they blend in with the snow. I can kind of see the bubbling, but it is really hard to see.

There are a plenty of problems with superimposing visual indicators in DST. Tentacles warning indicators in winter is a marvelous example.

It's still pales in comparison to the overlay madness that's going on on the screen when it's summer and you are insane and overheating and it's dusk and you stand near a fire on bright tiles, and whatnot. Mind that this is with default settings. Imagine the chaos when the default screen shake is enabled and there is something shaking the screen on top of that.

Shadow creates are impossible to spot and even if you manage to hover over them with your cursor they are barely visible.

All the effects and overlays as visual indicators are cool on their own, but their overall implementation feels crude to say the least when everything happens at once, which occurs rather frequently.

20200326181711_1.jpg

20200326181755_1.jpg

20200330225357_1.jpg

3 hours ago, Captain_Rage said:

There are a plenty of problems with superimposing visual indicators in DST. Tentacles warning indicators in winter is a marvelous example.

It's still pales in comparison to the overlay madness that's going on on the screen when it's summer and you are insane and overheating and it's dusk and you stand near a fire on bright tiles, and whatnot. Mind that this is with default settings. Imagine the chaos when the default screen shake is enabled and there is something shaking the screen on top of that.

Shadow creates are impossible to spot and even if you manage to hover over them with your cursor they are barely visible.

All the effects and overlays as visual indicators are cool on their own, but their overall implementation feels crude to say the least when everything happens at once, which occurs rather frequently.

20200326181711_1.jpg

20200326181755_1.jpg

20200330225357_1.jpg

I have the screen sake on. Madness when you want to fight in the caves xd

Idk your opinion about mods, but you can use one named "Idea Testing". It allows you to turn off winter snow layer, spring puddles layer, insanity contrast reduction, pengull quacking, and another annoying things.

9 minutes ago, Duck986 said:

Idk your opinion about mods, but you can use one named "Idea Testing". It allows you to turn off winter snow layer, spring puddles layer, insanity contrast reduction, pengull quacking, and another annoying things.

Snow Tile Disabler removes just the snow off the ground if anyone isn't interested in the other features of that mod.

I always use this mod, personally, because I find the snow to be painful to my eyes. I feel like my eyes are burning if I play without it for too long. It makes the entire screen too bright.

Archived