marooned T_T

So I brought my boat into land.  Dropped the anchor and raised the sail.  I went to disembark yet couldn't.  I raised the anchor and grabbed my oar to move a bit closer to land, but instead of rowing my character jumped to land!

Except... I can't get back T_T

Sad reacts only T_T

marooned.jpg

43 minutes ago, Charesque said:

Try getting more speed boost. Setting up a few tiles of cobblestones should work, unless your boat already is at the world border.

My science machine is on the boat, I can't craft them T_T

Definitely try to make a new boat if at all possible, then.  This is reminding me of that time I got almost COMPLETELY stuck in Shipwrecked--no joke, my ship, well, wrecked on a tiny island that had almost _nothing_.  You know how I got out of there?  I had three coconuts in my inventory that I hadn't cut in half or cooked yet.  THAT WAS IT.  I literally had to _grow_ my own boat.

Since you DO already know _how_ to make a boat and don't need to prototype that, maybe you could look for pinecones/birchnuts...?

EDIT:  (to Reichull)  BEST.  TIMED.  MIME.  EVER.  XD

...Notorious

Unfortunately, even with the Shipwrecked characters mod, it appears Walani _still_ cannot surf on the ocean.  I know, I've got a world with that mod running right now, and tried it a few days ago.

You know what she CAN surf on, however?  PONDS! 

dstcivday199surfinusa.png.dcbc78c0fa92c41b51f11180bbaf228b.png

(to the tune of "Surfin' U.S.A.") Surfin' DST...  (sorry the words are right across her face here.)

She can seriously use them to hop across the map from one pond to another like wormholes (each time takes some durability out of the surfboard, however--see that "87%" over to the left?  That's the board).  I used this to get a breather from hounds once.  I imagine this'll be taken out once the full Return-of-Them proper-ocean style surfing gets retrofitted into the mod, however.  (probably)

#teamwalanidst

But anyway that's an amazing picture.  I especially like that she's got a little mai-tai or whatever there.  XD

...Notorious

6 hours ago, DarkPulse91 said:

they did do a recent change where the faster your movement speed is, the further you are able to jump to get on a boat. So you could try to get a running start. If that doesnt work, just make a boat next to it to jump onto the original

It’s based off your movement speed value, not your current speed.

You get the same distance jumping from a standstill as with a running start.

Archived