Griftlands Early Access Roadmap

5 minutes ago, Ceiyne said:

I am assuming this means that you'll have a single copy of the full game, on whichever storefront you bought Griftlands from.  However, the way it's worded, it could also mean that if you buy during Alpha you get Griftlands on both storefronts.  Can you please confirm which way this is meant?

If you purchase on Epic, you will also be given the game on Steam as well when it is available. 

• Thanks 2

Could you add account linking to Epic Games store, so that you have access to both my Steam account (already linked) and Epic Games account? I see that the Steam release is planned for June 15th and this is soon!

On 5/5/2020 at 3:22 AM, Ceiyne said:

I am assuming this means that you'll have a single copy of the full game, on whichever storefront you bought Griftlands from.  However, the way it's worded, it could also mean that if you buy during Alpha you get Griftlands on both storefronts.  Can you please confirm which way this is meant?

Single copy. Yes.

On 6/11/2020 at 1:51 AM, sunnywilson09 said:

Single copy. Yes.

Thank you for trying to help with my question, but one of the admins here said the opposite:

On 5/4/2020 at 5:58 PM, JoeW said:

If you purchase on Epic, you will also be given the game on Steam as well when it is available. 

Hello there 

I love the game but I just started up my game of 14 hours and all my data has been lost and im a bit frustrated and wondering if you know about it and or if its going to happen again?

• Developer
52 minutes ago, Tashin said:

Hello there 

I love the game but I just started up my game of 14 hours and all my data has been lost and im a bit frustrated and wondering if you know about it and or if its going to happen again?

Hi!

It shouldn't have lost anything. Let's see if we can find it.

What do you see in your klei data folder? It's in C:\Users\[YOUR WINDOWS USER NAME]\AppData\Roaming\Klei\

Ok i found the file and there is only one save file dated from today.

it looks like it overran my old save 

I bought the game on steam if that means anything

Edited by Tashin

• Developer
1 hour ago, Tashin said:

Ok i found the file and there is only one save file dated from today.

it looks like it overran my old save 

I bought the game on steam if that means anything

A couple of questions:

• Did your unlocked cards become locked again? Or did you lose an in-progress run?
  • Do you remember how you quit the game yesterday? Was it on a loss? Did you return to main menu or abandon run?
  • Are you playing on main branch or experimental?
  • Have you submitted feedback in-game previously? If you have, tell me the name you used there or your Klei User number and I can try to retrace your steps.

Thanks for the responses - hopefully we can get to the bottom of this.

• Thanks 1

My unlocked cards, prestige and playable characters were lost. 

I had only played Sal and non of the other characters 

I left the game after i beat the final boss Kashio  it wasn't a loss and i didn't abandon the run i left the game in the main menu after the game ended.

I don't know what you mean by experimental but i only played the main story not the brawl.

and i have not submitted feedback before I just started to play a few days ago.

not sure if this helps but it was my 3rd run and my 2nd time beating Kashio. I had around 30% of the cards for Sal unlocked the 2nd level of prestige and 3 uniforms unlocked 

Many thanks Tashin

Hello Kevin,

I'd like to start out by saying you have such an amazing game here. It's a unique gem that I'm happy I stumbled upon. I've already clocked in like a day's worth of game time in like 3 days it's so good. That being said I have a few concerns regarding both the combat system and the relationship system.

In both the negotiation system and battle system there is a way to block incoming damage. Composure and defense respectively. What I don't get is that outside from standard blocking cards I can't pick my allies or supporting arguments to be defended. An example would be if I'm using a fast talk that I upgraded with composure it automatically gets sent to my core argument and there is no option to send it somewhere else and there is no option indicated on the normal composure card or the upgraded one(fast talk) that states that to be a condition. A battle example would be if my pet was in danger in battle and I had a card that gives defense or counter but the effect can only be applied to the main character. It's something that tends to happen to cards that have a primary effect that isn't associated with defense(like attacking or drawing). I'd really just like more options to protect my allies/supporting arguments. Or something that indicates why the effect can't be used on my allies/supporting arguments. The former is preferred.

In the relationship system where being hated or loved is what you're going for I'm more concerned with the lack of times you're able to bump into someone that hates you. Granted it was in a run where I was being a murder hobo I'd often find it difficult to track someone down that hated me so that I could provoke them and dispose of them(Awesome mechanic btw). Maybe allowing places certain places to have nodes that don't normally have nodes during the day would fix that problem. But that is more of a minor nitpick.

Overall, this game is fantastic and the love and care put into it can definitely be felt and seen. These were just a few things I was wondering about. You have a dedicated fan and I can't wait for more updates. I hope you consider what I brought up

Sincerely,

Your pleased consumer Nick

Edited by NICK STAYZ LIT

Hey i was just wondering why you guys include the other 2 characters in the art for these decks? Wouldn't it be more apealing if you only saw rook in rooks deck ect, then you really know which deck you are playing?

On 6/16/2020 at 5:56 PM, Tashin said:

Hello there 

The exact same thing just happened to me after 30 hours :( can somebody please copy/send their profile.lua lol. or can i get a 2 minute tutorial about setting my level of progress. I don't want to start again from nothing.

On 6/16/2020 at 10:28 PM, Kevin said:

A couple of questions:

• Did your unlocked cards become locked again? Or did you lose an in-progress run?
  • Do you remember how you quit the game yesterday? Was it on a loss? Did you return to main menu or abandon run?
  • Are you playing on main branch or experimental?
  • Have you submitted feedback in-game previously? If you have, tell me the name you used there or your Klei User number and I can try to retrace your steps.

Thanks for the responses - hopefully we can get to the bottom of this.

1. All my cards got lost, i lost all in progress runs, i still have rook unlocked somehow but progress is 0% on Sal and Rook.

2. I actually lost power so thats probably why the save got lost/corrupted.

3. main branch

4. I have submitted feedback before. not really sure about a klei user number

I love Smith, can't wait to play him.

Also someone on the II Discord pointed out that the term "Kra'deshi" sounds familiar...

Dr. Xu: In the final scene of ‘Captain of Tomorrow', your ship fires a tachyon pulse into the Kradeshii warfleet…
Prism: Um… sure. It was a long time ago.
Dr. Xu: It does. But that shouldn't be possible, given their proximity to the Zeta quadrant! It's doesn't make any sense!
Prism: I blame the writer. That guy was a hack.

@Kevin you sneaky sneak.

• Like 3
  • Haha 1

• Developer

The f8 feedback gets google-translated on the fly for us to read. So we can *mostly* tell what's going on with non-english feedback, but it's kind of dependent on how well the google translate goes. 

• Thanks 1

4 hours ago, Hekateras said:

Also someone on the II Discord pointed out that the term "Kra'deshi" sounds familiar...

Speaking of, is there a Griftlands Discord server floating around yet or plans to make one @Kevin? I know Hot Lava and several other Klei titles have dedicated servers and I'm way more active on Discord than the forums lmao 

Edited by TaschDraws
  • Like 1

• Developer

We don't have current plans for an official GL discord. I've been haunting these here forums since the early days of Don't Starve, and I think I'm stuck here now, with ghost physics.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1
  • Haha 5

15 hours ago, TaschDraws said:

Speaking of, is there a Griftlands Discord server floating around yet or plans to make one @Kevin? I know Hot Lava and several other Klei titles have dedicated servers and I'm way more active on Discord than the forums lmao 

I poked around and found this: https://discord.com/invite/upVSGA8

(from https://www.reddit.com/r/griftlands/comments/g961xa/discord_channel/ )

Also I did some Griftlands x Invisible Inc crossover art! More may be to come. :) I've been itching to draw Internationale as a member of the Rise since a random Rise Kra'deshi in Sal's campaign addressed me as "comrade".

Edited by Hekateras
  • Like 1

30 minutes ago, changzui said:

以后是否会开发一个自由模式,固定五天的时间太短了,不够尽兴

Whether a free mode will be developed in the future, the fixed five-day period is too short,i can't enjoy myself。

Go to steam. There's a demo.

3 minutes ago, minespatch said:

Go to steam. There's a demo.

But that's not what changzui asked. They asked for like an open world mode where instead of finishing a main quest, you freely explore the world while having endless time doing whatever you want.

The devs may develop an endless mode, or they may not. It's hard to say. I highly doubt they will implement an open world mode though.

• Sad 1

Hey, just a request to the devs, could you add a small time-out to input? I've got a mouse with the doubleclick bug (the voltage regulation stuff in the mouse switch that every mouse sold these days develops), and you can't obviously proceed through the cutscenes with a keyboard button (every one I tried skips the whole thing), while clicking to advance it can skip two or three dialogues at a time. Just a 5 or 10ms lock would be great.