Beyond the veil - What should the final RoT update be and what will be after it?

As we all know RoT ( Return of Them ) update chain is still going with a newly announced ,,She Sells Seashells" that gave the community alot to ponder about. The main theme of the entire update chain is the Sea, but what will happen when the chain reaches its end? Perhaps there will be diffrent chains of updates with whole variety of themes, changes and new content? Or simply revisiting and changing games mechanics such as ranged combat or magic tab? Maybe there will be a new event similiar to Forge or Gorge? But in the end, only time will tell what's in store for us, though personally i hope we get to see something game changing as a finale to the RoT update line. I'm also curious as to the design and theme that will be focused on the next big hit after RoT. I loved the setting and atmosphere that was in Gorge, i really hope we get to see and learn more about it in the future, aswell as new bosses based of various mythologies ( Pugalisk as the Basilisk, Ancient Guardian as the Minotaur ) or related/based of the ancients that reveal more indepth lore. What do you think will the final RoT update be about and what would you like to see being added or changed in the future updates?

I feel like the final RoT update would probably round things out with the ocean, and make people feel more inclined to explore it than they are right now

Maybe it'll be wrapped up with a bit of lore, too

They said that for now they are focusing on the Ocean because its Bland, then move onto the Lunar Island, so that's probably where it will end. Something huge will be revealed like the Ancient Gateway and probably a new hyper boss to defeat

The endgame will definitely be in the Lunar Islands. I expect it will take several updates to complete, as was the case with the Atrium. The bigger question is where will all that take place? I don't suppose they could fit much more content onto the Lunar Island as it is now, so either they'll have to make it bigger... or they'll have to add some sort of lunar cave.

Why are They returning? do They want the nightmare throne back? Do They want to destroy us? I hope they replace Charlie so we can finally get her as a survivor, and I also want to fight against "Them" somehow, maybe the survivors could then escape the Constant once and for all and for everyone who wants to bash my theory, listen, C H A R L I E is very important to the game's lore. Plus the devs are just taunting us, she's seen in almost every trailer, even in "jumpscare" forms, we got her sister, and her sister came for a reason, plus oh? her name doesn't start from W? same for Maybelle Dorothea Wheeler Dealer, And Wagstaff, his first name is Robert, Wigfrid that's her stage-name, and "Maxwell" Yes, I'm aware that his real name is William Carter, but still how can he be "Maxwell" in the character selection screen? There's no way they'll just leave her to be the dumb night monster again. Plus if she becomes a survivor who will be the night monster? Perhaps that "thing" that got fused with her when she and Maxwell entered the constant, it could be separated from her... in some weird way

Probably the moon breaking completely to show us what is hiding in it and if possible if they can or cannot(fine with me) to battle charlie this I do not think will happen but it's a possibility as we free Maxwell from the throne in DS we can do the same to free Charlie's good persona from the bad one and possibly save her 

Archived