Should Klei update characters' portraits?

Would you like Klei to update characters' portraits?  

66 members have voted

1. 1. Would you like Klei to update characters' portraits?

Warly received a new portrait when he entered dst. The reason behind this is unknown (at least to me) but I did like this decision.

I think it'd be neat if Klei were to update characters' portraits, preferably after they're reworked. It'd give each character a bit of developement. As in the singleplayer portraits are them being new to the Constant and dst's ones them getting used to living in the Constant. Not in a 'Survivor' set fashion of course

For example in singleplayer Wilson is shown experimenting on a dead chicken. In dst he could be walking somwhere dragging a dead chicken behind him, with a face of a broken man. In singleplayer we see Wx-78's blueprint cuz they were just created by Wagstaff. In dst however they are free and can do as they please so Wx-78 could be shown standing menacingly somwhere.

Even if you don't like this idea Klei then please at least update Webber's portrait so he doesn't have hands. Most of other skins and animations show him with spider leg/claws, while the original shows him with hands.

Spoiler

image.thumb.png.c817bd2d5a7f0498a971b5975c9618aa.png

I don’t think it’s something I absolutely need to have, the only time a portrait or the text describing a character should change.... is if they Rework them and they no longer have that type of gameplay.

for example the mighty Wolfgang is supposed to have a Myraid of Phobias... it literally says that in his character description- but where ONCE does that even come into play in the game if it even has any impact at all?? Spiders Cower in fear near Fire... why doesn’t Wolfgang have an uninterruptible Animation of running away like a coward from a group of spiders that’s too large and “Scary” for him or something?

He doesn’t...

But if you flip the script and look at Wendy, she has a sisterly bond so powerful it transcends death itself.

Wes description simply reads- Is a Mime of many thoughts, but few words.

Other then that I think changing the portraits or character descriptions would be an unnecessary distraction from adding new characters, more Return of Them content, more refreshes, more Mini-Games Etc.. 

I definitely wouldn't mind seeing the portraits being updated. I'm not sure if this is true, but to me it seems like the art style of DS has changed just enough over the years that the portraits, especially of the original 4, are looking a bit outdated. If nothing else I think Woodie needs an update. It's very clear that his portrait was made before his sprite was because both of them look totally different from each other.

Archived