Custom Cards(and other modding stuff showcase)

i am glad i'm not the one making this thread, partially because i could not back it up with any programming skills or ability at all. i have had one idea for a while in my head. mostly based on morale, which i swear is an underused mechanic

<Kubrick Stare>: Your next attack deals an extra half/third of it's damage in morale loss

(I.E. 6 damage would do 3/2 morale loss to the enemy, raising their surrender threshold, dealing, in essence, 8-9 damage if you don't have that graft that removes surrender)

13 hours ago, Wumpus the 19th said:

i am glad i'm not the one making this thread, partially because i could not back it up with any programming skills or ability at all. i have had one idea for a while in my head. mostly based on morale, which i swear is an underused mechanic

<Kubrick Stare>: Your next attack deals an extra half/third of it's damage in morale loss

(I.E. 6 damage would do 3/2 morale loss to the enemy, raising their surrender threshold, dealing, in essence, 8-9 damage if you don't have that graft that removes surrender)

There's a card called "Crackler" you can get when you do the beastmaster's side quest, which makes the target lose morale by the damage dealt.

Bloodletting is a cool effect, but outside the combo with Arterial Scanner, it’s just a much worse Hemorrhage. 

I assume you’re not quite at the stage of balancing the cards, just figuring out how to code them in, though.

15 minutes ago, pacovf said:

Bloodletting is a cool effect, but outside the combo with Arterial Scanner, it’s just a much worse Hemorrhage. 

I assume you’re not quite at the stage of balancing the cards, just figuring out how to code them in, though.

Or you get someone with "Cleaved", which it nukes them.

4 minutes ago, SpicyNiceCream said:

Is "protect" (from your "bodyguard"), the one where you must attack the target before anyone else?

Yes, the new battle card mechanics are all from unused game mechanics. Otherwise I don't think it works.

29 minutes ago, SpicyNiceCream said:

Did it work(like it should) in action? I used it in my earlier mods, but since the condition seems to removes itself on end turn, it didn't work like I would like.

That's probably because it does remove itself at the end of the turn, that's how it is described in the description.

I looked at their code, and it seems that they hard-coded the behavior of this condition in their battle engine. Probably very hard to make a new condition that does similar target-restricting behavior without changing the engine itself, and that probably isn't a good idea.

Now that I think about it, what's the point of having multiple stacks if it's going to be removed at the end of turn anyway?

I figured out how to modify existing properties of conditions.

"Stagger" was previously defined as a buff by default, but I added a script that change it to a debuff.

All I did is adding this:

local CONTENT = Content.internal

local stagger_condition = CONTENT.BATTLE_CONDITIONS[ "STAGGER" ]
if stagger_condition then
    stagger_condition.ctype = CTYPE.DEBUFF
end

You can probably do something similar with protect if you want, by changing its event_handlers[BATTLE_EVENT.END_TURN] field, where BATTLE_EVENT is defined as

local battle_defs = require "battle/battle_defs"
local BATTLE_EVENT = battle_defs.BATTLE_EVENT

4 hours ago, RageLeague said:

Actually, Stagger stands for "If there are 5 or more stacks of Stagger, apply stun and remove 5 stacks of Stagger. Remove 1 Stagger at the end of turn(or start, I don't exactly remember)".

so this is basically the heavy laborer stun mechanic, only in reverse. okay. i had thought of a headbutt card but i don't know if stagger or cripple would sound better or BE better for it. namely the card deals the status effect back to the player.

Right now I haven't figured out how .tex files work. .tex files is what this game uses for textures. All the textures that I currently use are from existing cards. If anyone knows how to read and write .tex files, please let me know.

Archived