Custom Cards(and other modding stuff showcase)

if were still talking about custom cards and not just general mod stuff, i thought of a card idea.

<Violent Tendencies>: Status card from murder. Deal x health damage (not resolve) to opponent, opponent gains y stacks of impatience (something like 1 stack for every 5-10 damage, enough to weaken them if the negotiation fails and leads to a fight, while still being a bad card and punishment for murder) .

This was mostly based on another idea for abilities i had that involved intertwining resolve and health more by making a card that weakens the health of the opponent while making the negotiation harder.  

also changing dialogue is one step closer to dystopian sci-fi dungeons and dragons.

7 minutes ago, Wumpus the 19th said:

.if were still talking about custom cards and not just general mod stuff, i thought of a card idea.

<Violent Tendencies>: Status card from murder. Deal x health damage to opponent, opponent gains x stacks of impatience.

This was mostly based on another idea for abilities i had that involved intertwining resolve and health more by making a card that weakens the health of the opponent while making the negotiation harder.  

also changing dialogue is one step closer to dystopian sci-fi dungeons and dragons.

image.thumb.png.05e8dad2cb00df0d2ac811c9b0d56f97.png

I have no idea how good it is.

If you want me to incept impatience equal to the damage dealt, it will be a very bad idea.

1 minute ago, RageLeague said:

image.thumb.png.05e8dad2cb00df0d2ac811c9b0d56f97.png

I have no idea how good it is.

If you want me to incept impatience equal to the damage dealt, it will be a very bad idea.

first of all, christ you work fast.

secondly, i mostly thought of some mechanic i wrote about in another post. it's something that i'd swear wouldn't be in the game or never really get in since it's weird as an idea. i should have clarified. i did not think of "impatience equal to damage", that would be ludicrious. it was more proportional, maybe 1 stack of impatience to 5 or 10 damage to their health, not anything in their negotiation. 

your version is a very nice idea, bravo.

Apologize with the bad quality of the screenshot. I don't know if this is the server's problem or my internet's problem, but I can't post screenshots directly for some reason(-200, whatever that means), so I have to save it as jpg first, making the quality suck.

Anyway, playing around with the location system. I added a sublocation in the Admiralty Headquarters called "Holding cells", where prisoners gets imprisoned. Basically, the prisoners here "works" a 24-hour shift of being prisoners, so they can't spawn anywhere else(Probably). I also override the cast function in questdefs so that they can't normally be cast as roles, so they can't spawn quests, or involve with any quests. There is the warden, which you can talk to, and you can bail out someone in the prison if you have enough shills. The cost of bailing someone out depends on their combat difficulty. Bailing someone out will make them love you, unless they hate you, in which case they become indifferent to you.

Currently there is a bug where the location icon displays at the incorrect place in the overworld map. If you have a quest that involves around a guard in the holding cell, the quest icon doesn't always shows up at the headquarters. You can also go directly to the sublocation, without going to the headquarter front door first.

Untitled.thumb.jpg.b9f516ff2b9af75c33ef58e9858159dd.jpg

Untitled.thumb.jpg.799450a6396db633a06be71751f273a9.jpg

Untitled.thumb.jpg.12854388fc76cd18fa1fc2640a1efc78.jpg

Untitled.thumb.jpg.04233f3c3ce08720c09d8454f2b1a1f9.jpg

Where do you call the function again?

I called it immediately after my sublocation declaration, and it gives me this error.

This is my code:

Content.GetLocationContent("ADMIRALTY_BARRACKS.holding_cell"):SetMapPos(Content.GetLocationContent("ADMIRALTY_BARRACKS"):GetMapPos())

I clearly used it wrong, since location data is different from the location class, but I don't know where to call it or how to call for the location instead of location data.

image.thumb.png.726ac2c739429e4f61ec73c154a39b92.png

• Developer

Ah, yeah. Looks like you are using on the constant content of the location.

You need to use it on the instantiated instance of the location, after it has been assigned a location by the travel screen.

So, probably when you first go there? It's a bit tricky - we don't tend to use sublocations that often, so they're not super well-defined.

14 hours ago, SpicyNiceCream said:

sob. I still dunno how to modify already existing files via mod.

I don't think you can either, but you can change a function of an existing class.

For example, I changed the behavior of QuestDef.IsValidAgentPick() by doing something like this:

local oldFunction = QuestDef.IsValidAgentPick
QuestDef.IsValidAgentPick = function( agent, cast_def, quest, spawn_params )
    -- print("successful override function")
    if agent:GetBrain():GetWorkPosition() and agent:GetBrain():GetWorkPosition():GetRole() == CHARACTER_ROLES.PRISONER and not cast_def.allow_prisoner_cast then
        print("successful override function")
        return false, "Imprisoned people can't be cast normally"
    end
    return oldFunction( agent, cast_def, quest, spawn_params )
end

Because of how Lua works, you can reassign a function to an existing method of a class, like assigning static variables.

This method works 5 out of 6 times for me.

(Can someone explain why overriding the plaxeditor class doesn't work for some reason?)

Now people arrested by the admiralty actually shows up in the prison.

When I say "arrested by admiralty", I mean anyone who has the "SOLD_OUT_TO_ADMIRALTY" relationship with the player that also retires. So literally just the target of "Bounty Hunt", because the opinion event for "Competing bids" target is "turned them in as bounty" for some reason.

Untitled.thumb.jpg.a5c321b788b6bfaacbf32de58968fc19.jpg

Archived