Wild theorizing about the new lore

wendypostart_sm.thumb.png.6549ed8797696c9ad71b2daa03f0d6f8.png

This image is very VERY interesting. For starters, we see five people in the picture doing the seance. Now, I don't know about most of them, but the last two look a bit... familiar.

Spoiler

image.thumb.png.600e8156b8d254211df2fb9c75feb4df.pngimage.png.3ede469e41b1a90116ebff5fcef994e2.png 

It's a bit far fetched, there's no reason as to why they'd be there, but they do look similar. Also, we see the date as 1914, and both of these characters were adults in that year.

There's also some flowers in the journal, but they don't seem important. I checked every flower I saw in the video, and there were't any that were slightly abnormal, aside from Abigail's flower and some roses. No links to Wormwood either.

And I did a quick google, no such book exists by the name of "The Spiritualist's Compendium"

Moving on, we see a flyer for a Medium by the name of Professor Mourire. Now, three things stood out fr me about this. Mourire is not a real name in any language, although it is close to mourir, the french word for death. This is clearly a stage name adopted for his act to seem more mysterious. We also see the flyer has been burned to hide his contact information. 

Why does this seem so familiar? 

Spoiler

latest?cb=20130629035434

That's right, I think this character is going to be similar to Maxwell. He's got a stage name that starts with M, he's got magical abilities, and his posters were possibly defiled by Them. 

What does he have to do with anything? Why would they add a character who only ever appeared in a small dev post with no relation to the game? Well, Wagstaff was first mentioned in a small dev post, and now look where he is.

But why is he important? My guess is that he's an anti-Maxwell. He's got of parallels with Max, but, his magic is a whole 'nother type. Mourire has ghost related magic, and where else do we see ghost magic? On the 'moon.' And if the 'moon' does turn out to be an opposing force to Them, then perhaps we'll see Mourire return as the 'moon's' king. 

This is all really just ideas, and probably nowhere near the truth, but who knows. Maybe we will see this guy get a larger role as the last DLC charter?

But there's one last thing I want to touch on. Not anything about the books or pictures, but where they are. All these objects are siting on a table, but where? 

Spoiler

image.thumb.png.cd45565a8ca0462b9319e74f5feb4e71.png

It's not a perfect match, but the table would fit in with the decor of Charlie's throne room. Honestly, that table is ugly as all heck, and it wouldn't fit well anywhere, but Charlie has weird taste.

Also, as I'm typing this up, I just noticed that there are candles arranged similarly in the seance as they are here. I don know what to make of it though.

EDIT

I forgot to mention, I think that Maxwell was involved with Abigail's death, as when Jack comes on screen, everything goes grey and Abby is gone. This is also what happened in Warley's video, with the gramaphone turning on and everything going grey. I think that this was meant to symbolize that her connection to Maxwell was what cause her death.

11 hours ago, minespatch said:

I do recall theorizing myself a few years ago that someone might replace charlie...

That's what I thought and hope, since there might be a reason why her sister Winona came into the constant, maybe to "free" her? (even though she is not bound to the throne) so we might actually see Charlie as a character one day? now you'll tell me her name doesn't start from W, but same for Wagstaff, it's his last name, his first name is Robert and Wigfrid, there's no chance her real name is Wigfrid, it's her stage-name, so they could just snap a last name that starts from W and call it a day.. I'll be hopeful, I'd just love to see an other character with actual "shadow" powers, since Maxwell's minions are just workers tbh

If we take a look at the poster, you will notice that the candles are in the same arrangement as the candles in the photo and both of them are either ripped or burnt, I believe that why they burned the medium contact info was because they know that the medium was a fake one.

and one more thing, the ripped picture on the right might have came from a newspaper and the picture on the left came from the circus were Wendy May had a interaction with Wolfgang 

Z.jpeg

Some people say that Maxwell does not remember being William Carter ... is it true?

And I wonder if there are pages missing from Condex Umbra?
Could Maxwell work on his memory and recall some pages of his book?
(if there were really missing pages and he didn't remember who he was).

And why in Klei's most recent art the book is white. We know it was on purpose, we just don't know why.

Could Mourire have been one of the first to have contact with the Codex Umbra, and could everything that happened to Maxwell have happened to him before?

I didn't know how to express it, so I dumped it here.

2 hours ago, Wesbie said:

Some people say that Maxwell does not remember being William Carter ... is it true?

And I wonder if there are pages missing from Condex Umbra?
Could Maxwell work on his memory and recall some pages of his book?
(if there were really missing pages and he didn't remember who he was).

And why in Klei's most recent art the book is white. We know it was on purpose, we just don't know why.

Could Mourire have been one of the first to have contact with the Codex Umbra, and could everything that happened to Maxwell have happened to him before?

I didn't know how to express it, so I dumped it here.

What if when the train crash happened something else happened...

when charlie entered the new world she was fused with another creature causing her to have powers and 2 personalities 

what if when the train crash the codex did something to maxwells mind causing him to grow confidence, forget his past, and end up with a larger ego then he started with...

b0eb6ca3ac7ed42e37fcc5e76561a5e3a9772e87_00.jpg

300.jpeg

Wild theory, (but hey, that's what this thread is about) but I think I might have figured out how Wendy came to the constant. We see her trying to contact Abigail, and while she was trying it, she likely encountered something else (be it a shadow or Maxwell himself) that promised to reunite her with her sister. And like a twisted genie, she was reunited, but was trapped in the constant as a result.

Archived