We Have Bigger Problems

Yeah I really like Don't Starve's updates and Wendy's new update is nice.
But I think the big problem of game is mechanical problems. Here the few important problem klei should fix.

1) LAG PROBLEM
DST was always more laggy then DS RoG. Yeah I understand small delays but there is very big problems when you play with caves and mods. And it's not matter which computer you play with it. Specially playing at online makes game death simulator bc of lag problem while spider and bees armies.

2) SKIN PROBLEM
There is so much persons play DST at offline. Most of them have not internet or don't want to play with someone. There is posts in forum complain about that problem. Even in my environment two of my friend, my brother and me have this problem. DST skins is great (Survival skins are awesome) but we can't use and most of player prefer sell them. They can make a system let you play with skins for 30 real day after you connect internet. A update like that will make offline players buy skins too (I will at least :D)

3) CHARACTER PROBLEM
Yeah most of you know that. You can't play Wormwood, Wortox, Wurt or a new possible character at offline. Maybe they can make a 30 real day system for it too.

4) WORKSHOP PROBLEM
I'm not sure Klei have a power to solve this but DST workshop is getting destroy by mostly chinese and russian players (I'm not racist but most of us know it.). They writing some texts and I can't translate it well from translators. They don't give information and you don't know what it does and they add K-Pop or chinese girl pictures. I'm sure mod is not about girls. English is common language of the world, so they can try to write. BC of these guy we can't go to "new mods" page.

5) TEXTURE QUALITY PROBEM
The textures of DS look nice but when you scroll more it's getting pixelly. They can renew old pixel textures.

1 hour ago, Mr. Despair said:

"Chinese and Russian" are not races, They're nationalitties.

I just thinked complaining about persons' language make them think "I'm racist and I don't want to see their language" . I'm pretty sure you get what I told

1 hour ago, Slagger said:

4) WORKSHOP PROBLEM
I'm not sure Klei have a power to solve this but DST workshop is getting destroy by mostly chinese and russian players (I'm not racist but most of us know it.). They writing some texts and I can't translate it well from translators. They don't give information and you don't know what it does and they add K-Pop or chinese girl pictures. I'm sure mod is not about girls. English is common language of the world, so they can try to write. BC of these guy we can't go to "new mods" page.

Ok, wow. There's a lot to unpack here.

Nobody is obligated to post in English. Even though Klei and DS/T mainly use English, the playerbase spans around the whole world. For example, there is a large amount of Chinese DST players, so naturally there will be a good amount of mods in the Chinese language. It wouldn't make much sense if they *had* to post in a foreign language just to post a community mod on the workshop.

The workshop isn't getting "destroyed" by any means. Like everything else, the quality mods (usually) float to the top, above the ones that have less effort put in them.

Yeah, this is a little bit racist.

1 hour ago, Slagger said:

I dont know Russian or Chinese either.

They maybe make those stuff for their own communities and they dont want to share it universally. Its their right as a creators to choose with who to share what they make.

Are you feeling left out? why would you even care?

Okay yeah, yeah. I'm racist bc I want to modmaker give global information (Even my main language is not english) about their mod and I should not visit "new mods" page on steam or I should go to china, russia or whatever they are and asking them what the mean of this random words.
And this informationless mods are mods of quality.

image.png.72d18a43f96ffa017a63313a57f4ef6f.pngimage.png.40781547a2c756e88befdf4e84c0a9cc.pngimage.png.787ae55b6728ea9d1fa24e656505ff54.pngimage.png.5488ab9dc6b7264c35bdcc55b0a07ef7.pngimage.png.f5cfdf205d06e35e0bb9bc9eaf049f17.pngimage.png.5d9664551f063fe517068ab415aee313.pngimage.png.82ecd3bba0714d7d92aa883da60de05b.png

And there is 4 problems more

All the "problems" you talk about are not kleis problems.

You have lag? Well imporve ypur computer and internet conecction because a lot of people play without any problem with a S.XXI setup (and even maybe playing with 100 mods is the problem, cheaters)

You can get skins and characters from a online game because you dont have internet? Well unless you can play, try to play WoW, LoL, Overwatch, etc without internet

Texture quality is being change, old items has bad textures and the ground but new stuff has better quality so we can guess that klei will change it 

I am noticing way more lag then i've ever experienced. Before the update i could run a medium world with 6 people and still have a solid green bar for performance. But now i have just me in a server and it's red and lagging badly/frame skips. 

Mind you, my computer is an ASUS gaming model, can run games like Dawn of War 3 on max settings without any issues. For this game to be more demanding then that is kinda ridiculous. Especially when i never had issues with lag before.

Just now, ArubaroBeefalo said:

All the "problems" you talk about are not kleis problems.

You have lag? Well imporve ypur computer and internet conecction because a lot of people play without any problem with a S.XXI setup (and even maybe playing with 100 mods is the problem, cheaters)

You can get skins and characters from a online game because you dont have internet? Well unless you can play, try to play WoW, LoL, Overwatch, etc without internet

Texture quality is being change, old items has bad textures and the ground but new stuff has better quality so we can guess that klei will change it 

Ahahah! It's my fault I have not NASA internet connection or mega computers? You know, nevermind. I don't want to give game examples. I reported my post, please you guys do it too so it can be deleted or I get banhammer.

10 minutes ago, Slagger said:

Ahahah! It's my fault I have not NASA internet connection or mega computers? You know, nevermind. I don't want to give game examples. I reported my post, please you guys do it too so it can be deleted or I get banhammer.

core2duo runs this so... Maybe SpaceX computer is enough

5 minutes ago, Slagger said:

I can play farcry 50-60 fps in normal grphics

do farcry has every item with temperature, wetness, clima, spoil time in food, etc? There is more stuff than graphics

edit: also you mention mods, 90% sure that this is your problem. I never got a problem with trash computers

5 hours ago, Slagger said:

5) TEXTURE QUALITY PROBEM
The textures of DS look nice but when you scroll more it's getting pixelly. They can renew old pixel textures.

They're actually doing this exact thing as we speak. It's happening slowly but rest assured they are in fact upgrading a good chunk of the low-res DST textures to HD.

1) LAG PROBLEM
DST was always more laggy then DS RoG. Yeah I understand small delays but there is very big problems when you play with caves and mods. And it's not matter which computer you play with it. Specially playing at online makes game death simulator bc of lag problem while spider and bees armies.

Gonna give the tried and true advice:

1. Maybe it's your internet connection
  2. Turn of movement prediction
  3. Stop joining servers with 999 ping
  4. Snow Tile Disabler
  5. Post Processor Disabler
  6. Weather FX Disabler
  7. Try not to have 50 mods enabled

Believe it or not, a lot of performance issues comes from the weather system. Most likely due to the limitations of the engine the game was made in, it wasn't really designed for this sort of thing. But such is the sacrifice for an easily moddable game.

2 hours ago, Slagger said:

Okay yeah, yeah. I'm racist bc I want to modmaker give global information (Even my main language is not english) about their mod and I should not visit "new mods" page on steam or I should go to china, russia or whatever they are and asking them what the mean of this random words.
And this informationless mods are mods of quality.

And there is 4 problems more

Yeah...not racist, but definitely xenophobic. I'd say check the "most subscribed" section, because that's where all of the top-tier quality mods are.

You could also try asking the mod author what the mod in question does.

2) SKIN PROBLEM
There is so much persons play DST at offline. Most of them have not internet or don't want to play with someone. There is posts in forum complain about that problem. Even in my environment two of my friend, my brother and me have this problem. DST skins is great (Survival skins are awesome) but we can't use and most of player prefer sell them. They can make a system let you play with skins for 30 real day after you connect internet. A update like that will make offline players buy skins too (I will at least :D)

There's a few problems with this, and I've discussed them before.

DST skins are server sided, that's why they can only be used online. Like with most things, as soon as something becomes client-sided, it's open for exploitation. The moment it becomes client-sided people can trick the game into thinking that they have 40-something of the highest selling skin, and then sell them for a profit. Or at the very least using it to accumulate an ungodly amount of spools.

Firstly thanks for your non-accusing comment. Other users think I'm reincarnation of Hitler.

Just now, watermelen671 said:

Gonna give the tried and true advice

I tried all of them and I play only at myfriends servers or at offline bc of lag. There is more thing to do for handling lag like entityspawn editor mods, farm decoration deleter mods and ground object deleter mods but most of them destroy beauty of game and make everything simpler. Also I really like snow-rain-season effects but you just saying delet them. You can play any game even on calculators with mods with destroying details. Also we are talking about a good computer.

xenophobic

I'm really not racist one. There is so great mod on news but poor informated mods like these make people away from new mods categories and this good mods getting forget slowly. As a Turk, I would say same thing for Turkish informated mods.

DST skins are server

I understand and you are right but they can make a system like that. They shouldn't let turning skins to spools or opposite of it at offline. They should let us create ours online world and let us entering it at offline so we can play with skins-characters if we choosed it before. They should keep our skins at cloud. Skins really help me for role-playing and I generally don't like vanilla look of characters. 

4 hours ago, Slagger said:

I can play farcry 50-60 fps in normal grphics

far cry is a 64 bit game, dst is not, and therefore can only take up around 4gb of ram. Id love for it to be 64 bit, but it isnt. So its a matter of getting good computing innards that can work around that. Stuff like good processors. Sorry ta tell ya, but if you're lagging to heck in this game its either because of your computer or the fact that you have 50+ mods on

8 hours ago, Slagger said:

I'm really not racist one. There is so great mod on news but poor informated mods like these make people away from new mods categories and this good mods getting forget slowly. As a Turk, I would say same thing for Turkish informated mods.

Didn't say racist, I said xenophobic. While similar in concept, and often used interchangeably, xenophobia is just the fear of something foreign or strange, typically in relation to people from other countries.

In the majority of cases, actual good mods will have a translation of the description in English for non-native speakers.

Regardless, I hopped onto the DST Workshop, sorted by "Most Recent" and got this:

image.thumb.png.e22076d02009acf9bdcfe2a30a7471bf.png

"abgr", "liujie" and "盖儿的快乐生活" just seem to be mods for personal use by the mod author. And that tends to be the case most of the time.

8 hours ago, Slagger said:

Also I really like snow-rain-season effects but you just saying delet them.

Yes, because each raindrop is a separate asset being called and loaded by the game. This is a fast track to getting your performance tanked into the trenches. Sometimes you gotta sacrifice the pretty graphics in order to have the game not have your computer in a choke hold and becoming a resource black hole.

Like I've said before, DST is made in LUA, and quickly exceeded the limitations of the programming language. The devs kept using LUA regardless because of the ease of use for modders and the sheer size of the DST modding community.

9 hours ago, Slagger said:

I understand and you are right but they can make a system like that. They shouldn't let turning skins to spools or opposite of it at offline. They should let us create ours online world and let us entering it at offline so we can play with skins-characters if we choosed it before. They should keep our skins at cloud. Skins really help me for role-playing and I generally don't like vanilla look of characters. 

I'm not a Klei dev, and I don't want to go into the process of further pointing out why offline skins aren't logistically possible. If you really feel the need to do that, then maybe try your hand at porting this to DST, as this'll likely be the only way you're going to be able to use skins in offline mode.

9 hours ago, Charlie Dark said:

the only problem is the lag! you know how it is too be pulled back by the lag and get stunlocked eh!?

You have movement prediction on mate, rubber banding is a dead giveaway.

Archived