Slicksters die

hi I have a problem with Slicksters. I made a base in the world of Rhymes. in this world the Slicksters do not exist I had to create eggs from the portal then I put them in a room with carbon dioxide and a boiler to keep the temperature around 35 ° C. but on the 20th day of my life they begin to die. 

not even a message appears warning me that creatures are dying. xd they are happy and in the wild with life to the fullest and a moment later they are dead.

which is a BUG?

What I think could have happened: slicksters inhaled some co2 and pooped some crude oil.

The co2 in the room might have been around 35° C, but its heat capacity and conductivity values are low: it's not a good gas to "store" wild slicksters in. They were touching that crude oil pool however, resulting in much faster heat transfer. That pool sucked the heat out of the slicksters and dispersed it into the frozen hellhole that is rime.

And so they die as soon as they reach 34.9° C. There is no warning for critters dying. It's not a bug. Next time entomb their eggs, or put them near a steam geyser or something super hot, and leave them there until you can handle them.

Meh.. Nice answers..

Also slicks exchange heat fast with the crude oil. so it is better to place them on a mesh tile so they only exchange temp with the co2. 

To quickly heat the room you can use an water geysir output, use the coolant of your refinery or the heat from regolith (but make a safety shutoff for when it gets to warm)

On 19/3/2020 at 01:58, 6Havok9 said:

Quello che penso avrebbe potuto accadere: le slick hanno inalato un po 'di CO2 e hanno fatto del petrolio greggio.

Il CO2 nella stanza potrebbe essere stato di circa 35 ° C, ma la sua capacità di riscaldamento e i valori di conducibilità sono bassi: non è un buon gas per "immagazzinare" gli schioppatori selvatici. Stavano toccando quel pozzo di petrolio greggio, risultando in un calore molto più veloce trasferimento. Quella piscina ha risucchiato il calore dalle fette e lo ha disperso nel buco infernale ghiacciato che è brina.

E così muoiono non appena raggiungono i 34,9 ° C. Non vi è alcun avvertimento per le creature che muoiono. Non è un bug. La prossima volta seppellisci le loro uova o mettile vicino a un geyser a vapore o qualcosa di molto caldo e lasciale lì fino a quando non riesci a gestirle.

Meh .. Nice risposte ..

grazie mille thank you very much

A nice room like this will contain the temp and the co2, and allows for easy collection of their product after it has moved a bit of heat out of your early power. This is modded so im using a single tile wall pump to extract the oil but this can be done with a normal pump just fine.

oni-slickranch2.png

Archived