No one knows, they may not ever get back home, Klei has a good Franchise going and I don’t see them suddenly ending it.

The Current batch of DS Characters May someday be replaced with brand new ones in a future sequel... but I can’t see this franchise just coming to a complete end.

ESPECIALLY When console players have yet to experience Hamlet content, Or PC Mods that Klei made.

To Clarify- The only Klei Entertainment games that I have played are Don’t Starve Giant Edition, Don’t Starve Shipwrecked, Don’t Starve Together, Don’t Starve Mobile, Don’t Starve Shipwrecked Mobile.

I would love to add Don’t Starve Hamlet to that list but so far it’s exclusive to PC. :( 

Im pretty sure the DS Franchise is Klei’s biggest most well known money maker.. so I don’t see that being ended anytime soon.

6 minutes ago, Mr0idealistic said:

I don’t like thinking or talking about this but, how will the story end, how will our heroes return home and will the dangers of the constant follow them?

Z.jpeg

See the thing about this is that it is all just in Wilson's head, he's in a coma in a hospital because of his first experiment failed. So the story will probably end with him waking up or dying. Also all characters in the story are Wilson's old friends and family who left him and/or died and thanks to that he had depression so he tried isolate himself from other people and become world's greatest scientist. You know why we didn't get too much lore lately and some timeline stuff doesn't make sense? Because Wilson don't want the story to end so he makes stuff up to keep surviving with those closest to him and that's why we see him happy more often in animations. But for real, i don't know.

On 2020-03-17 at 1:22 PM, Kuba5565 said:

See the thing about this is that it is all just in Wilson's head, he's in a coma in a hospital because of his first experiment failed. So the story will probably end with him waking up or dying. Also all characters in the story are Wilson's old friends and family who left him and/or died and thanks to that he had depression so he tried isolate himself from other people and become world's greatest scientist. You know why we didn't get too much lore lately and some timeline stuff doesn't make sense? Because Wilson don't want the story to end so he makes stuff up to keep surviving with those closest to him and that's why we see him happy more often in animations. But for real, i don't know.

Actually, why would they leave? If you look at the recent trailers it seems that some of the characters are at peace

Just now, Mr0idealistic said:

[snip]

Would you really want to ditch your life of luxury and go live in the hellish place known as the Constant? Maybe they're at peace but I think most of them would hella want to get back to their home.

3 minutes ago, Mr0idealistic said:

Actually, why would they leave? If you look at the recent trailers it seems that some of the characters are at peace

I think based of some vignettes some characters think about Constant as they can start over there or they want to stay. Willow, Webber, Wendy has Abigail here. But they'll have to leave some day right? And get Charlie, she's very important to Winona and Maxwell.

3 minutes ago, Kuba5565 said:

I think based of some vignettes some characters think about Constant as they can start over there or they want to stay. Willow, Webber, Wendy has Abigail here. But they'll have to leave some day right? And get Charlie, she's very important to Winona and Maxwell.

But have you seen Charlie at the end of the return of them trailer, she has changed and is growing in power, I think maxwell and Winona won’t find their old Charlie 

10 minutes ago, Mr0idealistic said:

But have you seen Charlie at the end of the return of them trailer, she has changed and is growing in power, I think maxwell and Winona won’t find their old Charlie 

I can see that is because there is still that evil shadowy personality within her, maybe we could find a way to seperate it from her normal self and defeat it.

1 minute ago, Kuba5565 said:

I can see that is because there is still that evil shadowy personality within her, maybe we could find a way to seperate it from her normal self and defeat it.

What if it’s like actual science, in science if you mix an element becomes a compound but it’s harder to reverse back to the origin element, oh my god will Wilson save the day by redeeming himself and use science against Charlie!

2 minutes ago, minespatch said:

Or not. Just make it another entity like in Infinity Train 2.

We need to check first if that personality is trully evil and what is she planning, we don't know exacly. It seems like she's evil by the example that she's killing survivors at night. Anyways I'm really hoping to see Charlie's short from klei that would explain what exacly happened to her after she got to the Constant and what is she planning to do.

2 minutes ago, Mr0idealistic said:

What if it’s like actual science, in science if you mix an element becomes a compound but it’s harder to reverse back to the origin element, oh my god will Wilson save the day by redeeming himself and use science against Charlie!

And here’s another thing I just realized, Charlie has 2 personality's but what if it isn’t personality’s but actually 2 creatures become one,

like the bearger or the batilisk (note batilisk dose not look like a hybrid) what if “them” is the evil personality brought upon by the gateway!

ooooooooooooohhhhh my god!

I just discovered the mother load baby!

2 minutes ago, Kuba5565 said:

We need to check first if that personality is trully evil and what is she planning, we don't know exacly. It seems like she's evil by the example that she's killing survivors at night. Anyways I'm really hoping to see Charlie's short from klei that would explain what exacly happened to her after she got to the Constant and what is she planning to do.

Wait a sec, before together Charlie was the monster in the dark, now she seems that she’s doing other things

soo who’s the monster in the dark >:)

220.jpeg

And here’s another thing I just realized, Charlie has 2 personality's but what if it isn’t personality’s but actually 2 creatures become one,

like the bearger or the batilisk (note batilisk dose not look like a hybrid) what if “them” is the evil personality brought upon by the gateway!

ooooooooooooohhhhh my god!

I just discovered the mother load baby!

Do you mean that Them are magical creatures that can bound two species/creatures/personalities together with Themselves?

Wait a sec, before together Charlie was the monster in the dark, now she seems that she’s doing other things

soo who’s the monster in the dark >:)

But Maxwell and Winona( like their quotes suggesting) still say it's Charlie that attacks them.

BTW this thread seems more like discussion than suggestion though, shoudn't it be in general discussion forum?

5 minutes ago, Kuba5565 said:

Do you mean that Them are magical creatures that can bound two species/creatures/personalities together with Themselves?

Will let’s see here, The shadow throne is created upon by nightmare fuel, and it seemed that maxwell was bonded to the throne like a symbiote (venom lol)

and if we look at Charlie before becoming the monster, it seemed that now she is part human and part shadow, AND if we take a look at some speech from maxwell he says when he interacts with a tall bird says “ a failed experiment “

aaaaaaaaaahhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhh!

Good god I’m going to pass out

too...much...lore...and...secrets

One more thing I'm interested with is the rose symbolism, Rose collection and Charlie theme may be more important here than we think. Roses here are representing something neutral, part good and part bad. I'm not exacly sure if there is something more with the rose symbolism, i should read about it.

Plus when the fuelweaver dies it leaves rose, and in the forge trailer Charlie picks it up.

13 minutes ago, Kuba5565 said:

One more thing I'm interested with is the rose symbolism, Rose collection and Charlie theme may be more important here than we think. Roses here are representing something neutral, part good and part bad. I'm not exacly sure if there is something more with the rose symbolism, i should read about it.

Plus when the fuelweaver dies it leaves rose, and in the forge trailer Charlie picks it up.

Will let’s take a gander here, roses are generally a love symbol, but roses have thorny stems, so I guess it’s a reference to her mystery, she’s both loving and dangerous, So i guess... yeah I don’t get it

15 minutes ago, Mr0idealistic said:

Will let’s take a gander here, roses are generally a love symbol, but roses have thorny stems, so I guess it’s a reference to her mystery, she’s both loving and dangerous, So i guess... yeah I don’t get it

Ok so I read about rose symbolism and there was not much that could relate to Charlie but i found one thing that could be:The rose is often associated with numerology. ... In the Tarot the rose is considered a symbolof balance. It expresses promise, new beginnings, and hope. Its thorns represent defense, physicality, loss, thoughtlessness.

perfectly describes Charlie

4 minutes ago, Kuba5565 said:

Ok so I read about rose symbolism and there was not much that could relate to Charlie but i found one thing that could be:The rose is often associated with numerology. ... In the Tarot the rose is considered a symbolof balance. It expresses promise, new beginnings, and hope. Its thorns represent defense, physicality, loss, thoughtlessness.

perfectly describes Charlie

BisonOfCourse.jpg

Something that should be noted is that Charlie is cute and innocent and completely human, until she touches Wilson & free’s him from the Shadow Throne, at that point Charlie then begins freaking out going from wanting to hurt or help poor Wilson, then she spends a few minutes fighting with herself on Rather things should be Pretty, or Spooky.

Before her personalities combine and settle on a Middle ground.

it is this very trailer that cements my thought that everyone who has sit on the throne were being controlled like puppets by its influence.. but as we can clearly see... CHARLIE fights with it.

She even adds “nice” things to the world like Maxwell’s favorite Wintersfeast food.

And Shadow Carrats to Race her Sister.

So it’s safe to assume that CHARLIE has some degree of control over the thrones Influence, However she doesn’t have ENOUGH control to break free.

So I imagine the end of the game being a sad story where Charlie sacrifices herself to remain in the Constant forever while she gains just enough control to help everyone else escape.

37 minutes ago, Mike23Ua said:

Something that should be noted is that Charlie is cute and innocent and completely human, until she touches Wilson & free’s him from the Shadow Throne, at that point Charlie then begins freaking out going from wanting to hurt or help poor Wilson, then she spends a few minutes fighting with herself on Rather things should be Pretty, or Spooky.

Before her personalities combine and settle on a Middle ground.

it is this very trailer that cements my thought that everyone who has sit on the throne were being controlled like puppets by its influence.. but as we can clearly see... CHARLIE fights with it.

She even adds “nice” things to the world like Maxwell’s favorite Wintersfeast food.

And Shadow Carrats to Race her Sister.

So it’s safe to assume that CHARLIE has some degree of control over the thrones Influence, However she doesn’t have ENOUGH control to break free.

So I imagine the end of the game being a sad story where Charlie sacrifices herself to remain in the Constant forever while she gains just enough control to help everyone else escape.

Then that’s what she’s doing at the end of the forge trailer, but something isn’t right, she’s consuming a white energy and after doing so her face turns into evil Charlie then back to neutral and calm, like she knows something that we don’t....

PNG image.png

PNG image.png

13 minutes ago, Mr0idealistic said:

Then that’s what she’s doing at the end of the forge trailer, but something isn’t right, she’s consuming a white energy and after doing so her face turns into evil Charlie then back to neutral and calm, like she knows something that we don’t....

18 minutes ago, minespatch said:

Oh of course, the portal had a connection to wagstaffs portal, Good news she found a way out

bad news the blueprints for a portal connecting to the other side is destroyed not to mention the portal 

unless if there’s another way, maybe the survivors find a new key which opens a gate way to the world without the connection of another portal like wifi and internet, but there’s a problem in this theory, the portal was seemed it was activated because there was a link to another portal, AND there is one more portal connected to the Main world, go ahead and watch the origin trailer and you will know what I mean

https://m.youtube.com/watch?v=fXP4_2qRHng

Well.. all these trailers make me sad, Console players never got to experience the Forge, and the Gorge was so short it was pretty much blink and you missed it Content.

I know JoeW said something about Gorge & Forge in his 2020 Roadmap, but those plans could also be heavily altered now thanks to Covid-19.

I would love to actually get to play this additional DST game content.. even if all they did was flip a switch & make some of the best and most popular PC mods a free content pack for Console players. :( 

I won’t be sad much longer though WENDY REWORK in just a few hours!!!! Ahhhhhhhhhh HYPE!

11 hours ago, Kuba5565 said:

when they both got into the constant "Maxwell" was chosen to be the king, I think that it is mentioned that he was being manipulated himself to do stuff that maybe he didn't want to do. Charlie is surely being manipulated by the shadows, her soul has been corrupted by them, but she doesn't seem to be bound on the nightmare throne like Maxwell and Wilson was, she seems to be in control of the constant but not in control of herself (because she warns the player before she attacks) ? I don't know man! it's too complicated! Maybe she will be able to do something good with that white energy?

Archived