Hamlet/General Gameplay Bugs that really should be addressed....

MasteroftheTDS

Hello everyone! 

Been a while since I posted on the forums, but I had kind of been taking a break from the game. I am back now and working on my mega base which is fun. In the course of playing for almost 2000 days in game, I’ve found a few bugs that I feel really need to be addressed at some point. These bugs aren’t game breaking per say but they are annoying and take away from the game in my opinion.  

I am aware there aren’t any bug fixes going on for Hamlet but I wanted to make this list anyways just because I had the time and felt like it. Perhaps one day these bugs will be patched and they will no longer be an issue. Until then it’s nice to get some feedback from everyone and see if there are any more bugs that I might have missed. 

Bugs: 

Large world loading times: trying to generate a world on the large setting does work, however, it takes a lot longer than I probably should. 

Endless Pig Celebrations: once you have ended the Aporkalypse the pigs celebrate but I’ve noticed that they never really stop celebrating. This can be annoying since lots of items such as food and stuff are reskined and pigs will stay outdoors even during another Aporkalypse. 

Wall orientation: when building walls and entering and exiting a structure, the walls tend to look wrong and will face in all different directions. The walls still function normally but it ruins the aesthetic. Rotating the view does fix it, but only temporarily. 

Taxes: oh don’t even get me started about how much this needs to be tweaked. Giant crowds of pigs running at you and pushing you god knows where while trying to “pay thine tax” is annoying and can really get you stuck in some peculiar situations. Destroying a My City Hall does not fix this at all and they will still try to give you taxes which is even more annoying. Perhaps make it that the pigs have to give the money to the city hall or that you can turn off the taxes when you are inside city hall. The interior of the hall is pretty pointless anyways, might as well give us a reason for going inside it. 

Burchnutts: this isn’t so bad but it does annoy me a little. You can eat burchnutts without cooking them first. This was never a thing before and only became a thing when Hamelt introduced the tea trees. Would be nice to have burchnutts be restored to what they once were. 

Pathfinding pigs: in general the pigs need to have their pathfinding tweaked. They run into houses and lamp posts and seem to have trouble getting unstuck. The store owners are the worst because they get stuck running into their desks or the item displays. One can easily fix this by pushing them or exiting and entering the store again but it’s a pain. 

My City Hall is locked at night: if it’s my city hall I should be able to enter whenever I please, just saying. 

Volcano eruptions upon hopping worlds: you decide to visit shipwrecked when suddenly immediately upon loading it’s an eruption! R.I.P. your base and any naturally spawning resources as well as mushroom spawns and etc. Would be nice if this wasn’t a thing, thank god there is a console command to stop the eruptions. I use the command as soon as I world hop to prevent an instant eruption upon my arrival because that’s not cool and my base is on a mushroom island set piece. 

No puddles in monsoon season: I believe this has something to do with world hopping but fairly often monsoon season just won’t have puddles. You can use dribble pipes or a telelocator staff to trigger the rain and then the puddles will occur. However, you get a nearly consistent rain for your troubles. Would be nice to actually have monsoon season again. 

Wagstaff teleporting issues: don’t try and use a telipad and telibrella with other characters or it glitches out something fierce. Either make it that we can use the telibrella and telipad as other characters or make it that we can’t even use them to avoid the glitch entirely. 

I may edit this with more bugs I remember, feel free to discuss and add to this list if you want. 

31 minutes ago, SpoonyBardIV said:

You forgot to mention the fact that biomes in Hamlet are ripped apart into small patches quite often. But I'm just a couple of hours away from releasing a mod that fixes that, so...

That is quite true but I feel like it’s more of a code conflict then a bug per say but regardless you are right. It is quite annoying. 

Ancient Herlad: we need to either remove this guy entirely or to make him into a proper boss that doesn't spawn every few minutes everywhere.

Aporkalypse Options: need world gen options for this, its impossible to enter back to your HAM world after 60 days have passed in any other world.

Stone Slabs: Stone slabs should turn over after lush season when winds blow, or during rain.

1 hour ago, Machine Reaper said:

Ancient Herlad: we need to either remove this guy entirely or to make him into a proper boss that doesn't spawn every few minutes everywhere.

Aporkalypse Options: need world gen options for this, its impossible to enter back to your HAM world after 60 days have passed in any other world.

Stone Slabs: Stone slabs should turn over after lush season when winds blow, or during rain.

I agree with every thing except I want to add one more thing. The Ancient Herald’s minions (ghosts, frogs, nightmares and etc.) should despawn once the Aporkalypse ends. Having a giant pile of frogs, ghosts and nightmares to deal with once the Aporkalypse is over is just annoying. 

58 minutes ago, MasteroftheTDS said:

I agree with every thing except I want to add one more thing. The Ancient Herald’s minions (ghosts, frogs, nightmares and etc.) should despawn once the Aporkalypse ends. Having a giant pile of frogs, ghosts and nightmares to deal with once the Aporkalypse is over is just annoying. 

this is the annoying thing about him, he is worthless on his own but his minions are bad (nightmares and ghosts are the worst)
the frogs on the otherhand are stupid since you can just make him do his ring of fire move which sets fire to all the frogs and kills them (also causes the ghost and any frogs to start attacking the herald instead)

3 hours ago, Machine Reaper said:

this is the annoying thing about him, he is worthless on his own but his minions are bad (nightmares and ghosts are the worst)
the frogs on the otherhand are stupid since you can just make him do his ring of fire move which sets fire to all the frogs and kills them (also causes the ghost and any frogs to start attacking the herald instead)

I totally agree, he needs more balance and interesting mechanics. Not just a spam you with enemies and meteors attack. 

1 hour ago, SkylordElberich said:

What about the random holes that spawn in the middle of islands? I hate that! Oh, how I hate it! I loathe and despise it! Nothing worse than locating an otherwise decent spot for a base, and there's just a random hole there! Oh, I hate, hate, hate it!

take your hate and put it inside that hole, maybe it will fill up

1 hour ago, MasteroftheTDS said:

Oooo haven’t encountered that one. That sounds bad 

I don't know if it's a result of exiting the room or not but I tried spawning in a new stone egg but when that Ro Bin hatched he just kept walking into the wall and when I took him outside he walked off to an unknown fate

2 hours ago, Pinyaps said:

I don't know if it's a result of exiting the room or not but I tried spawning in a new stone egg but when that Ro Bin hatched he just kept walking into the wall and when I took him outside he walked off to an unknown fate

I’ve glitched the game so I have glommer, ro-bin, paccum, 2 chesters, and regular beefalo in my shipwrecked world. I have some idea what you are talking about but obviously I’m not much help :D

Archived