Arbor tree automatic harvest farm

These are the ideas I came up with long ago, so someone may have already published similar ideas.
Searching past forums did not find the same topic, but sorry if I missed it.

Arbor tree automatic harvest farm

Wait for the branches to mature, then break the branches at the waterfall and harvest.
Control the waterfall timing with the water timer in the upper right.

Spoiler

1.thumb.png.3fa78b289aad9c8189d9713a6008198f.png

Harvest video
1v.mp4

Arbor Acorn production to build the above farm

Increase the incidence of Arbor Acorn by continuing to destroy branches.
Using this method, an average of one or two Arbor Acorns per cycle can be obtained from a single Arbor tree.

Spoiler

I will introduce two methods.

2.thumb.jpg.fdedeb2f0696d1e74a3c73c5824dba48.jpg

Right: Make a tower with multiple liquids, and keep breaking the branches with it.
Making a small amount of liquid is a bit cumbersome to build.
And this cannot be replaced with Visco-Gel.
No new branches are created because the Visco-Gel tower weighs 100 kg per tile.

Left: Make a waterfall with two liquids and keep breaking the branches with it.
Learn more about waterfalls

Save data:

I'm stealing this. I think branch density can be increased a fair bit by going for 3-1 spacing and having a double waterfall in between the groups of three trees... or am I missing something obvious?

Kudos!

I am writing using Google Translate.
So you may get strange nuances, but please forgive me.

40 minutes ago, 6Havok9 said:

I'm stealing this. I think branch density can be increased a fair bit by going for 3-1 spacing and having a double waterfall in between the groups of three trees... or am I missing something obvious?

At this farm, the waterfall passes right beside the arbor tree, and the waterfall grazes the tile at the base of the arbor tree.
Normally this would cause the waterfall to lose its shape and become water droplets.
However, by catching it once at the door and releasing it, it is delivered down while maintaining the shape of the waterfall.

If you try to do this with a double waterfall, the waterfall will not be able to reach the arbor tree below while maintaining its shape.
At least I don't know how to achieve it.

If you can achieve it in any way and create a more compact and dense farm, please post it here.
I welcome better improvements.
thanks.

5 hours ago, bleeter6 said:

Drowning branches harvests them?

Yes, it became such a specification long ago.
Maybe this.

• Crops which are fully grown will drop their harvest when uprooted

However, I think this automatic harvesting method is only useful for arbor tree branches, since normal crops do not grow the next generation when they are uprooted.

3 hours ago, kbn said:

Yes, it became such a specification long ago.
Maybe this.

However, I think this automatic harvesting method is only useful for arbor tree branches, since normal crops do not grow the next generation when they are uprooted.

And the branches grow even when drowning?

1 hour ago, bleeter6 said:

And the branches grow even when drowning?

Branches stop growing while drowning, but ...
I'm sorry, maybe because of my lack of understanding of English, but I don't understand the intent of your question.
This may be the wrong answer, but the only time to make a waterfall and drown a branch is when it is harvested.
 1. Wait 18 cycles for branches to mature
 2. Make a waterfall, break branches and harvest lumber
This farm repeats steps 1 and 2 automatically.

1 hour ago, psusi said:

Wait, let me get this straight: a branch is broken by liquid, and will drop an arbor acorn, and if it is mature, also the lumber?

Breaking mature branches will drop lumber.
But acorns do not fall.
You need the help of PIP to get acorns.
Acorns occur in the arbor tree with a low probability when new branches are created.
There is no way for players to check for the presence of acorns in the arbor tree, but PIP will detect the presence of acorns and dig up.

37 minutes ago, kbn said:

Branches stop growing while drowning, but ...
I'm sorry, maybe because of my lack of understanding of English, but I don't understand the intent of your question.
This may be the wrong answer, but the only time to make a waterfall and drown a branch is when it is harvested.
 1. Wait 18 cycles for branches to mature
 2. Make a waterfall, break branches and harvest lumber
This farm repeats steps 1 and 2 automatically.

Ah ok. I was basically asking if the waterfalls were on all the time, which you answered. Thanks. Do you have an automation setup for the waterfall?

35 minutes ago, bleeter6 said:

Ah ok. I was basically asking if the waterfalls were on all the time, which you answered. Thanks. Do you have an automation setup for the waterfall?

For details on the various settings, refer to the uploaded save data.
Everything is there.

On 3/7/2020 at 5:27 PM, kbn said:

What if you had auto sweepers to replant the uprooted crop, and supply needed fertilization (eg, dirt for sleet wheat). I think you could automate any farm using this water harvest method.

8 hours ago, yoakenashi said:

What if you had auto sweepers to replant the uprooted crop, and supply needed fertilization (eg, dirt for sleet wheat). I think you could automate any farm using this water harvest method.

No, unfortunately it is not possible.
When I was working on this idea, I was expecting that possibility, but when it was uprooted, the Farm tile settings would be cleared.
Therefore, the sweeper will not plant seeds unless the player manually sets the Farm tile.

The only way to plant seeds automatically without player intervention is to graze the PIP.
However, controlling the automation, which waits until the PIP replants all the seeds on the Farm tile, can be quite annoying.
It's easier to stop drowning and wait for mature crops to drop naturally.
Fortunately, crops other than arbor tree do not have an extremely long time between maturity and the drop of their crop. (Although a few cycles are wasted ...)
Only the arbor tree branches remember that the time it took for the crop to drop was set to be very long.

3 hours ago, SackMaggie said:

I feel like I was watching minecraft wheat farm mechanic. :D:D:D:D

In the past, I saw a scene of harvesting crops with water currents in Minecraft videos.
I have very little experience playing Minecraft, but I think this Arbor Tree Farm tip is probably a memory of a Minecraft video I've seen before.

Archived