Before I get to the idea, I originally made this post In the general discussion tab to see how people thought of the concepts. (This is not a repost though some things will be similar.) some of the concepts are not mine either revised versions of their ideas. As I will make sure to credit them in the post, please enjoy.:D(p.s some sketches I drew are drawn from official art so I do not intend to take credit for the work of others)

Big picture:(idea of what the concept is going for.)20200219_120215.thumb.jpg.8cbde7e51404beda19b17db6a7d10f34.jpg

Alot of controversy been going on in the past few months of a Wilson rework making him more useful to the group, and as a Wilson main myself I could possibly agree Wilson's only one helpful perk to support the group is an early and easier way of collecting beard hair which is only used for Meat Effigies. He probably needs a . So I gathered a few ideas here together to make Wilson more of the intelligent scientist wannabe he should be. These are the ideas I'm going for so far:

-Keep Wilson as the beginner friendly character  and not to make him too hard understand but still simple all around enough for experienced players like myself are still able to play and have fun with.

-add two additional perks to show Wilson's scientific side and make them useful and supportive to the groups or himself

-Make Wilson a character to experiment and test things with for new and old players, after all he is a Scientist.

With that being said let's begin!

Perk: •Is a true "Chemisist/Experimenter at Heart!"

(Credit: @loopuleasa)

Spoiler

20200219_120303.thumb.jpg.7808e09bfffce785b8ab0f3fc59476fc.jpg

Wilson Will now spawn in a world starting with a portable Chemistry lab.(Note Wilson can also make extras similar to Warly's Crock pots just in case if Wilson either loses his Original kit or He just wants extra.) Wilson can Place his Chemistry set just like Warly can with 20200219_180207.thumb.jpg.99d0eed4c3999a6c0ac4d8caabf92417.jpghis portable crock pot, and use it to make potions and etc to support and Improve his and his teammates survival. @loopuleasa who made the original idea, Said that Wilson should have a Chemistry Tab to be able to make Specific Potions that his teammates can drink and use but not make on their own. Most of the potion ideas they made seem to be based on a way for New players to make cheaper versions of items to use which makes it an incredible idea!

But, thinking in a unique way, I thought that maybe for the Concept, Wilson could use it as a crock pot (let's say for now 3 slots similar to the gorge and it cost one Nitre to mix it once) sort of giving into the experiment vibe you'd get similar to Warly, "What works and what doesn't work kind of way", or a "hmm I think I'll try this today..." or " I wonder if putting Red mushrooms in this mix would mess up the potion..." That kind of idea to it. An idea I have for potions could possibly be buffs/Debuffs similar to Warly's Spices, for example one potion could make the survivors immune to fire for a dangerous situation like a forest fire,if there are no Willows in your group Wilson could use that to help out in the situation. Here are a few examples of a few Potions I made up so far (I'll think of more and some pictures! These are just examples not my 100%  go through with concept. :D)

Spoiler

20200219_175745.thumb.jpg.350525d446c026f1c9207871152404d5.jpgMonster Energy= (Can turn creatures into Monster-ish forms similar to its opposite form Lunar Essence(EX: Pigmen, Bunnymen, Flowers,Trees, splumonkeys, Etc) (Probably made with Mixing mostly monster parts)

20200219_175748.thumb.jpg.6b500f9249bba390b4a161fa15af96de.jpg

Pot of Luck= Increases the drop chances to a player for a limited time (EX: Fishing or Klaus Sack.) (Probably Made with a Bunny Puff as a reference to the luck of a Rabbits foot) 

20200219_175752.thumb.jpg.278bcffc182c1cd2632658ec1f993444.jpg

Pepper spray Cologne= Increases your temperature and can warm up things around you, become a living heat source (Probably maid with mixing peppers)

Wad of Fish Guts= Can throw and would lose the Attention of Hostile Meat craving creatures (EX:Hounds, Spiders)

Reason: Wilson is a Scientist, and the one thing about being a scientist is experimenting! And what could be more fun then Exploring and messing around with the gimmicks/mechanics of a game. I want a similar feeling like playing as a Warly Experimenting with food, as an example: those moments when your group gets into a mild inconvenience or a problem and your onset friend goes, "Hang on, I got just the thing for this" rummaging  through his Backpack full of food. It'll be like that but a Wilson with a bag of Potions and Experiments Ready to use on his group.

Additional idea for the first perk:(Lab Rats to Experiment on)

(credit: @Superwolfkid)20200219_123922.thumb.jpg.e6308773848f2c9dd4c2596fa2d3d082.jpg

Wilson Can build Cages to place in Rats (as a reference to the forbidden knowledge trailer) It's still questionable whether Wilson will use his own White normal Lab Rats or he will use Carrats as Carrats are pretty hard to find (Lunar Island). And could be hard to catch for a non-experienced player wanting to test this out. Once placed in a cage, Wilson could give the Rats Food or Objects even his experiments to test on the Rats with and see how they interact with them and see how it would affect the survivors. Like for example I thought a funny scenario of Wilson giving a rat a red mushroom or something bad, it would just straight up die in the cage and turn into a skeleton like a bird in a bird cage and Wilson would just go "Yeah, maybe not...

Reason: Sometimes In Don't Starve the game can indeed be very punishing based on the unknown (I mean come on, we all had our Glommer goop taste test experience at least once) So this could be a better way to have new players rely on whether something is safe to eat or not. besides punishing them for relying based on Logic 

Second Perk: "Man with a Plan!" (Can Create Blueprints and is able to share them with others)             Credit:Unknown20200219_121339.thumb.jpg.844964f1d8e6fa01b7d4295bd3d48889.jpg

Wilson has always been known as a very smart character despite his goofy personality Heck in official art we've even seen him make blueprints before so this would be a good perk to add to support others and himself. 

Wilson Has The ability to create Blue Prints to be learnt by other survivors and himself. Though this would pretty tough to implement to not make Wilson too much similar to Wickerbottom, and to have Wilson able to use it in single player usage.so the only blueprint system I have thought/Theorized so far is that Wilson could use his ability on prototypes and tools Wilson already can make by hand. But it would cost Papyrus to make a blueprint.

Reason: In game Blueprints are usually only reliable in the early game (usually when you find a "failed Survivor") and thiscould option as a way For Wilson to Help the group get a early start on making materials

I added alot of things I could think of for Wilson today, He is my Favorite character in the Game from his Charming personality and Just his general Character development from being some crazy weirdo in the woods to a person who's experienced so much much on the Island and he's still  has hope and is still trying to escape!, any thoughts or ideas, please let me know and I will try to take criticism and reason. Thank you for Reading! :D

34 minutes ago, some guy59 said:

these ideas are great but maybe instead of a portable alchemy engine change that with the science machine so he does not get a OP start but still a pretty good start

I Don't know if you meant the portable chemistry lab or the Blueprint concept but Thank you! Could you please explain what you mean? I don't think I honestly understand what you mean by portable alchemy engine.

yeah i really want wilson to have other perks besides being the character with no pros and cons besides his beard and voodoo with the beard, come on he's a scientist/chemist! he could make some awesome potions and experiments that drains his sanity since it's mad science

Such а dedication towards everything you've suggested here, dude. Plus I love your arts. I dunno, it's just cute АF. 2Sqh1bW.gif

Personally, after the new animation short, Im still thinking about one special thing about Wilson I didn't pay attention before and it's his dark Charly-like hands.

334438291_-1.png.0b4d0d8e323af94ad79c491c41649d78.png

You may use it as some kind of low tear ability, like for example the ability to grab stuff much more far away from you, but not too far away so you won't be able to grab those crystals in caves on a divided platform or maybe even you can, but like it will lower your sanity. Also you can implement this thing in a new animation short and show us how he got those dark hand of his. It's not something OP, it's just a little fun addition to a character.

I think as a scientist Wilson could use his beard hair in a much more different and unique ways as others survivors, maybe even in dark and magical ways wich will again lower his sanity.

On 2/19/2020 at 9:09 PM, Superwolfkid said:

Wilson Has The ability to create Blue Prints to be learnt by other survivors and himself.

I think I like this idea the most. It won't be to OP to give your teammates the ability to make stuff they didn't learnt how to make yet. Plus, you'll be making those things for them anyway. I think it's а nice touch.

About yours other suggestions, I like the portable Chemistry lab idea, dunno about the potions. Like "Pot of Luck" is to OP. "Monster Energy" potion is nice and cool as well as "Pepper spray Cologne". And "Wad of Fish Guts" is just have a too mediocre effect to me.

"Lab Rats to Experiment on" perk is something unique I guess, but I dont even know what to say about it.

UPD: Like "Pot of Luck" is to OP.

Maybe it's not, I dunno. After some consideration I like this idea. So now ally Wilson will help his team to get rare stuff but you certainty need to toggle the percentage of drop, so it dont need to be 100 percent after you've drink his potion. 

I love the concept of these ideas! However, I can't help but feel that some of these changes would take away the overall "neutral" feel of Wilson. He is a character that has neither advantages nor disadvantages (although I guess you could call having no disadvantage an advantage compared to other characters). Wilson is simple, and it migh tjust be me, but giving him something like a portable chemistry station just wouldn't feel right. If it were a whole new character on its own, however, i would fully support the idea as it seems like someone who I would enjoy playing.

Archived