Wx-78 rework Idea. (Chip modulation)

(Warning): I'm not very good at writing or communicating in total so if I make any mistakes or I screw up a story and tell misinformation please let me know and I will gladly try to fix my grammer and words thank you. This post will be long so sit back relax and grab some popcorn, enjoy reading! :D (also note everytime I say circuit board I really meant to say chip so please whenever you read Circuit board it means Computer Chip.

Alot of controversy has been around WX-78 and his perks, about his perks being boring, and especially his downside of slowly losing health when wet, so I wrote this up as an idea for WX-78 rework as the goal is to make him better Team Oriented and based more on Robots and to portray the extensibility and how much a robot can multi task and robots as a whole and less of the big stat greedy Gear muncher/"Oh please shock me harder daddy" players, that WX-78 mains are usually portrayed/stereotyped as.

Perk: Computer Chips to give WX-78 certain stats and abilities for each one:

(Though nearly all of this idea was made by me This idea was inspired off of a mod, where basically WX-was able to make stuff to upgrade his stats separately I don't remember the source, so if anybody finds it please let me know! :) )

WX-78 either spawns or can craft later in the game These Chips  to affect the way he plays the game as a concept I made four as  examples to explain my idea. The Destroyer, The Navigator, The Helper, and the Bright Light cpu:

Once WX has these circuit board  he is able to insert it to change and sort of modify WX-78 to better fit his chores and task. To show if a circuit is active then WX-78 little ears will glow and shape like the circuit icons. (If that's too difficult then just make it to where he sparks the colors.) The CPU Chips will also have extra abilities when overcharged! Note if WX-78 does not use the circuit boards he will basically play like a default WX-78.

Destroyer Circuit board: a skull shape will appear on WX-78's ear and WX-78 Will have higher Damage resistance and Deal more damage in total, he will have high health but low maximum hunger and sanity. And maybe he walks a bit slower but not slow enough so he is still able to kite.(when overcharged WX-78 can Deal Electric Damage, and shock enemies that hurt him during this phase)

Navigator Circuit board: WX-78's ears will be orange with a electric bolt symbol and WX-78 will be able to move faster then usual. He will be able to explore much more revealing alot more on the map, the only downside is that he has low maximum HP. (When overcharged, WX-78 will light up and he will run even faster revealing bigger chunks of the map)

Helper circuit board: WX-78's ears will symbol. Green ball and beep (for detail) He will be able to move a bit faster near player placed structures and can do chores/work twice as fast. He also has a slower hunger drain while working to Though the downside is that he has low health and does less overall damage. When he's too far away from the base he will have normal speed but can still work fast. He also has a small aura of light that can help plants grow more faster when standing next to them. As a cool idea WX-78 can play music similar to Hutch and increase the sanity of other players and himself, this also makes Hostile mobs less likely to attack you, the music will also temporarily tame pigs and bunnymen with the music (When overcharged, WX-78 will work faster and the Music will give out more sanity.)

Bright light Circuit Board:  WX-78's ears will become yellow and become light bulbs (real life ones) WX-78 will then glow up through his eyes and is able to light up dark areas to light the way for WX-78 and his fellow minions. And a good way to save resources. (When overcharged WX-78 will Light up even more.)

Circuit Mechanics: When ever WX-78 Inserts a circuit, a meter similar to the Compass will appear and show WX-78 how much % he has left. When the meter runs out then WX-78 Will pop it out of him and it will fall on the ground. WX-78 is allowed to insert and eject gears at any time to allow him free control of when he wants to pop in his, Abilities.

Perk: Charged up By lightning (Reworked):

The survivors can now craft a portable electric tank( portablejar) that can store electricity and save it for future uses(perhaps Winona could use it for generators) . WX-78 will have excellent use for this, When a lightning rod is struck, WX-78 has either two options, A. take a bolt from the lightning rod causing his normal overcharged setting, or B. Use a Electric tank to Store  lightning inside it. WX-78 can either use it to recharge his circuits or use it to over charge himself as usual that way players don't have to rely on getting shocked by rain sacrificing their wetness and relying on Wixkerbottom. But to give WX-78 more of a chance to get an over charge by their own choice, instead of chance/RNG being. everytime it rains A WX-78 Takes off all of their rain protection clothing and beg to the Sky lords to shock them. (Reason why I made the Shock me joke XD)

Perk(Downside) Is very vulnerable  to water:

To make this ability more similar to Willows downside to the cold, let's say at different phases of wetness WX-78 Will lose sanity a lot more faster As his fear is water, and he will spark(like normally) causing him to take more and more damage the more wet he is,WX-78 is also more weaker in his wet state causing him to have less damage resistance meaning he will take more damage as the game says he is Rusting. when wet or exposed to rain the chips will Spark and short circuit causing them to no longer work. So you'll have to be careful where you place them if you want to keep them safe. When A WX is really wet with a Circuit equipped it will negate the effects of the chip the more wet WX-78 gets.

That's mostly what I have for now but the only problem for the CPU Chip ability is that early day chips were made in 1951 based on my searches... so there might be a bit of controversy there. But if you enjoyed please let me know your thoughts and what you think on this! I'll see you all later and have a good day! :D

I like these ideas, a lot. They are very similar to ones I have had, so I am going to dump them all here (Taking some ideas from you ;) )

Spoiler

The core idea of this proposed mechanic is to change how the system overload works. Instead of giving you a flat speed boost, it would instead overcharge your current circuit for, say, 4 minutes. However, once those 4 minutes are up, it will short circuit and malfunction for 8 minutes. When the overcharge ends, WX will play a special animation of twitching and malfunctioning, ending with a sound of a mechanical explosion and him emitting large amounts of smoke. This animation lasts for several seconds. This is meant to give overcharges a risk to use, to counterbalance it's insanely high reward. 

Circuits cannot be unequipped when overcharged.

If a circuit becomes wet by any means, it will behave as if it WX was short-circuited until it becomes dry.

Destroyer Circuit:
*+25% Damage
*+20% damage Resistance
*-15% movement speed

When Overcharged:
*+100% Damage
*80% Damage Resistance
*No movement speed penalty

When Short Circuited:
*-50% Damage
*+25% Damage Vulnerability
*-20% movement speed

Factory Circuit:
*+50% Harvesting speed
*+25% Crafting speed
*+15% Movement speed
*+50% Hunger drain speed

When Overcharged:
Instant harvesting
*+66% Crafting Speed
*+50% Movement Speed
When Short Circuited:
*-50% Harvesting and Crafting Speed
*-20% Movement Speed

Eco Circuit:
*-50% Hunger drain, sanity auras are 50% less effective.
*-15% damage
*-25% harvesting/crafting speed.
*-10% Movement Speed

When Overcharged:
*+100% Damage
*+100% Swing speed, Harvesting/Crafting speed.
*+33% Movement Speed
*The overlay becomes distorted and glitch-y.
*WX emits smoke and sparks violently.

When Short Circuited:
* You explode.

(This is meant to be a low-reward Circuit when not overcharged. However, once overcharged WX becomes the absolute deadliest character in the game, although only for a limited time before dying.)

Malware:
*Immediately Short Circuit

When Short Circuited:
*Max Sanity is set to 0 and WX experiences the effects of a nightmare amulet for 8 minutes.

How has nobody else posted on this? These are all great ideas! 

I really like different stats/ideas for WX-78 he definitely needs a rework and this is the way to do it. I like that he can have different stats for different play styles! If you want to be the next Wolfgang, so be it! If you want to be a support gatherer, so be it! If you want to be the next speedy Gonzalez, so be it! 

One question though, if you get the map fully explored is there a way to switch mode things?

1 minute ago, GetRektKids said:

How has nobody else posted on this? These are all great ideas! 

I really like different stats/ideas for WX-78 he definitely needs a rework and this is the way to do it. I like that he can have different stats for different play styles! If you want to be the next Wolfgang, so be it! If you want to be a support gatherer, so be it! If you want to be the next speedy Gonzalez, so be it! 

One question though, if you get the map fully explored is there a way to switch mode things?

Thank you! I'm glad to see that you understood the concept. Making WX-78 more of an actual Robot and actually making his perks have more flavor and make them meaningful.

I thought that WX-78 should have more control of his chips so it's possible to just take one out and pop another one back in very easily. You could also use the chip for the speed benefits as well if you already explored all of the map.

I'm Really Glad that some people really enjoyed my concept, It genuinely made me dedicated to working harder on this project! Just like my Wilson Rework concept, I may remake this idea and post it on the suggestions tab Only this time I'll put alot more work into it making it look professional and give out Pictures and Illustrations for it, here's an example:20200220_121443.thumb.jpg.c2736074594d6d7be52eb8a23dda1ced.jpg

Anyway Thanks for reading, and I'll see you guys next time! :wilson_blush:

20200220_120536.jpg

32 minutes ago, Superwolfkid said:

29 minutes ago, Superwolfkid said:

20200220_120536.jpg

WX-78 truly is ready to CRUSH some puny fleshling cowards.

EDIT: AM I THE ONLY ONE EXPERIENCING THESE QUOTING AND SPOILER ISSUES?!?!?!?!?!?! 

Edit #2: I think it's getting worse with every edit....

Edit #3: @__IvoCZE__ it also happens when quoting people in certain circumstances.

Archived