Sailing Competition

Hey everyone,

So I organized the sailing competition and I want to share the video recording with you. I have to say the hardest thing was getting players to the start line and making sure their boats won't crash before the competition (knowing how difficult it can be to manage DST boats). The competition was a great challenge for all the players and only 1 person survived the race.

What do you think about such live events? Do you prefer events that you can do at your pace (The Year of The Carrat) or the ones you need to do with other players (The Forge)?

The Checkpoints for Carrat Racing makes me wish there was a Mod someone made where boats could have colored flags on them and bouys could be placed out into the water scattered all over everywhere.. the flag color that hits a checkpoint will make that bouy light up in their color, and it would be like a competition to see who can collect the most Checkpoints in their boat.

Does it fit the uncompromising wilderness survival aspect of DST? Probably not.. but it would be something fun to do as a distraction like Carrat Racing.

This video is for all those people going like "Oh, the new Ocean is so boring, nothing to do, to go to, 0 motivation tralala!" - DST is a Sandbox as well as Survival and only your imagination is the proverbial limit. Sure we need more stuff on current Ocean (mandatory likewise), yet we can do plenty even in current stage.

Ty OP, was an entertaining watch :encouragement:

This looks like its going somewhere, really fun to watch, seems fun to play and it has a lot of potential.

We could dedicate servers to this, like, "10 days preparation, the race starts the 11th" since its a longer day (full moon) and the survival aspect of getting  enough food, what character you picked and how well you made your boat would be important factors.

There could be different categories like, circunnavigating the mainland and return where everyone started, or shorter races like a smaller course inbetween lunar island and the mainland, and having to complete X amout of laps. We could even make teams, like in a server of 6, there are 3 teams of 2 making the boat and then sailing. Of course burning other players boats or stealing materials and stuff like that should be entirely avoided, I even think during building time sharing science stations and msterials should be encouraged. But other stuff like bumping against eachother with the boat during the race could be allowed.

I know competition is frown by many in DST community due to attracting a toxic side of gamers, but from all the "pvp" posibillities of competition, with well established rules and fair play, this seems like the least toxic and  one that could lead to hillarious situations.

15 hours ago, Mrklli said:

That was a wild roller coaster from start to finnish and I was holding my breath on many occasions. I'm beginning to understand why some people are so into watching sports on tv... I'd like to do something like this too!

Feel free to connect to the Heroes of The Dark World server if you want to join us in this competition.

Archived