Will Wendy and Abigail have hydrokinesis?

In the last few hours, thanks to an image released in the 2020 roadmap, the most quoted hypothesis on Abigail's death is the fall into the sea from a steep, high and very dangerous cliff without any type of fence.
Given that the hypothesis is plausible and consistent with Wendy's quotes on Ophelia, in this post I would not want to focus on the veracity of speculation on Abigail's departure.
Instead, I'd like to wonder what new lore could mean for Wendy's game mechanics: We had a mega-update that added the sea. Abigail perhaps died at sea. Woodie had the chance to run on the sea. In short, if the trend is to make the sea, navigation and water more and more predominant in the game and in the tradition, Abigail and Wendy may have developed, in some unnatural way in x-files style, hydrokinetic powers!
This would perhaps give Wendy (or Abigail) the opportunity to exploit the oceanic masses to inflict huge amounts of damage, put out fires, refresh during the summer, water the cultures, blow up the enemies making the blood boil in their veins ... in short, the hydrokinesis has virtually unlimited potential!

image.thumb.png.9c3de36fa2927575bc18646a6447c5ad.png

I mean, I guess that would be cool, but there isn't a hint of hydro-anything in Wendy's quotes. Perhaps Abigail can anamorph into a creature of the depths when above water, but otherwise I don't really see something like this being Wendy's MO.

5 hours ago, Pop Guy said:

Given that the hypothesis is plausible and consistent with Wendy's quotes on Ophelia, in this post I would not want to focus on the veracity of speculation on Abigail's departure.

Quotes on Ophelia are no evidence, way too vague. Wendy doesn't say that Abi and Ophelia have similarities.

On 2/8/2020 at 5:35 AM, Pop Guy said:

In the last few hours, thanks to an image released in the 2020 roadmap, the most quoted hypothesis on Abigail's death is the fall into the sea from a steep, high and very dangerous cliff without any type of fence.
Instead, I'd like to wonder what new lore could mean for Wendy's game mechanics: We had a mega-update that added the sea. Abigail perhaps died at sea. Woodie had the chance to run on the sea. In short, if the trend is to make the sea, navigation and water more and more predominant in the game and in the tradition, Abigail and Wendy may have developed, in some unnatural way in x-files style, hydrokinetic powers!
This would perhaps give Wendy (or Abigail) the opportunity to exploit the oceanic masses to inflict huge amounts of damage, put out fires, refresh during the summer, water the cultures, blow up the enemies making the blood boil in their veins ... in short, the hydrokinesis has virtually unlimited potential!

image.thumb.png.9c3de36fa2927575bc18646a6447c5ad.png

Whenever i see a Pop Guy post, i know we're in for a chaotic rollercoaster

Okay, props for using Lapis Lazuli as your illustration for hydrokinesis, but...I don't think it really fits her/them.  Also it sounds a hair overpowered as you describe it here.

Give Abigail the ability to float over water?  Sure, she's a GHOST after all.  She doesn't touch the surface, so _what the surface IS shouldn't affect her_.  Throw water on enemies for huge damage?  Hmm...

...Notorious

Archived