Carrat Pets are Infinitely Better than Critters.

I know this was the seasonal Chinese New Year Event and the devs had to put some work to make it appealing, but just looking at comparisons:

Critters

• Can only be tamed in a biome that is usually relatively far away from the main base
  • Only follow you around and make small animations
  • Make annoying noises when hungry. (I'm looking at you glom glom.)

Carrats

• Can be tamed relatively easily, albeit expensively
  • Can be raised and trained with gym-structures, giving an actual bond between the player and carrat
  • Can compete against other player's Carrats
  • Actually has to be taken care of. (Can be killed by mobs, players, or starvation.)
  • Gives rewards that, for the most part, do not affect the survival experience.

I would personally love it if Klei would incorporate Critters into this event and make it somewhat permanent, but I know that would probably take a ton of work and most people would rather have that work go into something else.

Just let a Reaper dream.

13 minutes ago, 1bubbainpa said:

I know this was the seasonal Chinese New Year Event and the devs had to put some work to make it appealing, but just looking at comparisons:

Critters

• Can only be tamed in a biome that is usually relatively far away from the main base
  • Only follow you around and make small animations
  • Make annoying noises when hungry. (I'm looking at you glom glom.)

Carrats

• Can be tamed relatively easily, albeit expensively
  • Can be raised and trained with gym-structures, giving an actual bond between the player and carrat
  • Can compete against other player's Carrats
  • Actually has to be taken care of. (Can be killed by mobs, players, or starvation.)
  • Gives rewards that, for the most part, do not affect the survival experience.

I would personally love it if Klei would incorporate Critters into this event and make it somewhat permanent, but I know that would probably take a ton of work and most people would rather have that work go into something else.

Just let a Reaper dream.

This is an obvious hint that a huge “Critters” Rework is highly likely to happen.

Carrats more than just race, Their tails also change color when they eat Seeds.

I stand by my post by stating that Carrats are closer to pets then the original pets currently.. AND Klei also Reworked their pet behaviors in another Non-Don’t Starve Related game not too long ago... so Yeah.

26 minutes ago, dearmad said:

Can't disagree with OP.

I wish i could even tell my pet to STAY HOME

Just put Carrat on Carrat Podium, as long as no other player steals or kills it it will stay. Or if you forget to feed it Seeds and it turns into Rot.

I still wish a variant of the Carrat could be a part of the Rock Den, but don't get me wrong, I'm a fan of this update and the ability to race Carrats. If I could give the devs an idea, why not keep Carrats separate from the Rock Den, letting them continue to be raised for races? Meanwhile, Baby Carrats could be introduced as the pet variant for the Rock Den and fulfill Klei's pun quota.

22 hours ago, Mike23Ua said:

This is an obvious hint that a huge “Critters” Rework is highly likely to happen.

Can I please just have my emergency nightlight remain invincible please?

Also if they have to die, then let them grow up...that way I can have the puft skin start out as a puftlet glomglom critter skin, and then turn into a Puft Glommer.

soyousay.png.05776c9f722aafebc2f89783d17baccd.png

Archived