Make Smart tanks that behave like smart batteries.

Liquid and gas tanks should have smart variants. That way you can regulate their usage threshold. They could send the red signal to the consumer consumer before getting emptied. The could even choose wich element to dispense from the ones they have.

The fact that tanks can have different elements is no real deal. Every element can have a slider. Or you can make a unique slider that gives the signal at a certain percent. 

Good idea @Yetinotincluded. As of right now, liquid and gas reservoirs are not more then glorified pipe/vent extensioners.

Its a simple but logical idea, I believe Klei team did rise it up when they were designing the game but maybe thought its a bit of unnecessary.

However I think it can be helpful and most players will either want or dont mind adding something like this.

On 12/24/2019 at 12:20 AM, SharraShimada said:

There are several mods out there.

True, but some players (and as example I can bring myself) feel uncomfertable using mods as it feels a bit 'exploity' or half done in a lot of cases.

+1

I really like to use tanks as buffer to avoid pumps only pumping small amounts of stuff and wasting power.

That there is no proper way to automate this makes me mad.

Liquid pipe element sensors & SR gates kind of works, problem is that sensor does not reset after each "bubble" moves.

So you can't distinguish between pipe full/blocked and small amounts moving continuously.  

On 12/22/2019 at 10:01 PM, Yetinotincluded said:

Liquid and gas tanks should have smart variants. That way you can regulate their usage threshold. They could send the red signal to the consumer consumer before getting emptied. The could even choose wich element to dispense from the ones they have.

This is actually coming up in the testing branch releasing today! :wilson_ecstatic:

18 hours ago, Yetinotincluded said:

I am so surprised my feedback actually was taken into account for an improvement. That was awesome. 

You weren`t the first to bring this up. This is something i call boomerang feedback. An idea so obvious it keeps comming back once it`s gone from the first page.

image.png.063dcccacc7962e97a11da25bc16e0b5.png

On 2/22/2020 at 4:57 PM, Sasza22 said:

You weren`t the first to bring this up. This is something i call boomerang feedback. An idea so obvious it keeps comming back once it`s gone from the first page.

yea. Still this was the last instance of it so we might celebrate it anyway.

Archived