Any uses for the Elite Pigs?

So, since I play on console, I won't really get to experience this until it comes out then, but I heard about the elite pigs and them being useable as a way to fight. (Suprisingly ever since it came out no one ever mentioned of it so either no one really noticed/just couldn'tfind any reason for it, or it isn't in game yet and I'm just being an idiot...) Has anyone found anything useful to use them for? I sort of thought an idea is that it could be useful for those solo players who want extra scales from the Dragonfly that can't do enough dps to it. Anybody got anything?

3 minutes ago, Viktor234 said:

Perhaps they might be useful in the Ruins or so.

Not really? Like you said,they take alot of time,so they aren't that worth for ruins rushing.

And you can use the Reanimated Cave Skeleton to reclear the ruins after killing the Ancient Fuelweaver,which is 10x times better and he can also be used as an incredible giant hammer.

17 minutes ago, Viktor234 said:

Collecting Coins takes alot of time and they disappear too quickly if summoned, I couldn't find any use for them yet: You'll need to use like 6 Coins to get 1x Scales from Dragonfly. Perhaps they might be useful in the Ruins or so.

Ah, I see so they might need a bit of a buff? Since no one even talked about the snout coins when they even first came out. Is the problem with them the rare belt drop, the damage the elites do?

1 hour ago, Bernado1 said:

They might be good Fuelweaver since they drag its attention,could kill his minions and would despawn after a certain time,leaving no loot behind and keeping the arena clear (but I need to make some experiments first to confirm it).

Those Elite Pigs will despawn as soon as they kill a single minion: You'll be able to kill way more minions by using a Telelocator on Fuelweaver.

I think the way to buff the elite guards is too make them a pig varient of the merm guard and give them a 6 min. Timer witha max of 12 elites at once. This simple changes makes the pigs much more useful and can equal out the time its tkaes to get them.

I kind of like the idea of an all out attack item. It also is a good way to replace the old bell. Though based on what everybody is saying in here it's way too rare that most people here had a more rough time to collect it in their runs then a krampus sack, and it's extremely situational and not enough good use for it to be used commonly. Hopefully they find a better buff for this item. Thanks for most people giving out there reasonings and answers, this really helped alot! :D the only info I can actually collect off of the elite pigs is from only one person I've seen who made a video about is beard77(but he really screwed up on the dps because he added dps of his own and I needed to see how much damage the elite pig does on it's own.)

How about making it a super rare item instead, that you get after several tries of the PK minigame.

In turn the snout when used, summons all 4 pigs, and they last for about half a day, and only one coin can be used a year.

So its basically a bosskiller item, or an "ohmanure" situation exit, and an item you'd want protected away from the wrong hands on the server.

13 hours ago, ShadowDuelist said:

How about making it a super rare item instead, that you get after several tries of the PK minigame.

In turn the snout when used, summons all 4 pigs, and they last for about half a day, and only one coin can be used a year.

So its basically a bosskiller item, or an "ohmanure" situation exit, and an item you'd want protected away from the wrong hands on the server.

I thinl the once per year thing is a bit too much for the rareness of it, so I would reduce it to a day long cooldown so thats its still mauntains a constant use while not being spamable.

Archived