Anybody else listen to music while playing DS?

no clue where to put this so just dropping it in general for now.

Does anybody else like to listen to "outside" music while playing the game? If so, what do you guys listen to?

I've got a personal ds playlist that is, uhh, mostly a lot of those "steampunk" musicians/artists that associate themselves with the steampunk community. This Way to the Egress is a big one for me (and I also said on the voice headcanon thread that their lead singer would be a good Wilson)

Some games I do prefer to listen to my own music, or even talking content (podcasts, radio shows,etc.) when I'm playing them.

...NOT Don't Starve, however, and for _exactly_ the same reasons Canis just said.  Sound is an important tool of actual survival in that game. You need to be able to hear all around you clearly so you can know what might be sneaking up on you--and also all the creepy SOUNDING but actually innocent sounds, such as a tree growing.  : P

I do use the "Dusk and Night Music" mod so it's not just silent all evening and night, but that's remixes of the existing DS tunes.  (shrug)

...Notorious

I listen to a lot of things, but I do listen to something else while playing. The game is just a bit too quiet for my liking and listening to other things helps me not get bored. This entirely goes out the window while playing Wes/Wilbur though.

At this point I can't really play DS/T without listening to something. Both games have a lot of downtime between the parts that require focus, and the in-game music never plays long enough to keep me occupied, so I've always got some music or a podcast playing in the background.

Archived