that's a nice GeOdE?!..

This second post was just a duplicate from the previous...

I'll use this edit chance to point out how clean your base is. What's the plan? Mining and sweeping all the map before metal refinery?  Well, by your OCD standards I can figure how much that dark cloud ruined the pristine blue of O2. 

Haha, I know this map. I'm actually playing on it ATM, though I haven't dared to open up that cavern yet. :)

But you should've made a proper room with CO2 scrubber and lockdoors to keep CO2 inside. Some would leak still as your dupe would leave the room after building that vent, but afterwards it would be perfectly contained.

10 hours ago, Junksteel said:

[....]to point out how clean your base is. What's the plan? Mining and sweeping all the map [....] by your OCD standards

yeah uhh.. i never really know what to do actually. i have yet to understand the way to make/power/fuel/even begin with rockets.. so yeah i have 3.5k+ hours of mostly "making it look nice" under my belt. actually built my very first auto sweeper yesterday! literally it moves stuff one tile away, but thats not the point!!!

5 hours ago, Eleyvie said:

you should've made a proper room with CO2 scrubber and lockdoors to keep CO2 inside.

yeah.. i knew it wouldn't work, but i kinda didnt expect it to "not work", quite as well as it did!

That is how I lost a base just after the launch upgrade. I saw the CO2 geode and figured I'd just crack it open as I was going to build a slickster farm around there, so a bit of CO2 shouldn't hurt. I didn't check how much CO2 there was inside the geode and went to another part of my base where I was working on some other stuff. When I looked again at the progress made there, half my base had been flooded with CO2, including the mess hall and sleeping areas.

Archived