Don't Starve Together Achievements

When Don't Starve came out, I waited for achievements. But not as I expected. I was hoping to achievements come out when Don't Starve Together comes out. But it didn't come out again. A little late, but I still believe there's a chance. I hope they give us achievements, and we play until we go crazy. This is my opinion.

I remain of the opinion that some form of Achievements could be beneficial to DST, with the more laid back direction the game has taken from single player (as even the devs have acknowledged now).

DST suffers from a problem common to RTS's, as well as other old games in today's market.
Little explanation and guidance.
This, alongside other factors (mainly the sheer mechanical difficulty jump between normal play and bosses), leads to a monumental disconnect between beginner and experienced players; to the point that many never overcome the gap. As such, the late game content is limited to the latter half of that group. I love the later game content personally, but it's ultimately wasted, cost-ineffective development time at present.

There's a market for dropping the player into hell and letting them figure it out; it's why I got into DS, of course.
But DST is currently stuck halfway between that premise, and Club Penguin with stats.
And the sillier, more 'flashy' recent direction of the trailers and updates brings in more players who like the later than the former.

If the intention is for those players to stick around, then more focus and direction would help in teaching them to actually be able to experience more of the content that Klei has already put work into.
Achievements can partly accomplish this. Smoothing out the difficulty curve would also be helpful.

Achievements are meaningless in the game

the reason to give a "reward" for "doing something", creates a behavior for that person who believes it is the only way to do it.

the game is fun to play because you enjoy the experience to survive, experiment, craft things, and mold a hostile world.

Achievements on Xbox are meant to show off ones in-game skill by completing complex tasks that they Otherwise would have never set out to do.

i have every Achievement across all of the Batman Arkham Games because err #IamBatman.

but the point is this- Absolutely NO ONE is going to try to amass a 300 hit combo counter to summon a hidden boss fight with Killer Croc and defeat him without ever taking a single hit and without ever using any of your Bat-gadgets without there being an Achievement that tells you to do it.

DST Does have Achievements for Xbox: But they’re mostly trivial things you’d do just playing the game without going out of your way to do. Such as Jumping in a Cave hole, being in a cave when a earthquake starts, reviving a dead player with a telltale heart, staying alive for X amount of days.

Nothing on the scale of Arkham’s 300 hit combo + boss defeated without taking any damage.

23 hours ago, Mike23Ua said:

Achievements on Xbox are meant to show off ones in-game skill by completing complex tasks that they Otherwise would have never set out to do.

i have every Achievement across all of the Batman Arkham Games because err #IamBatman.

but the point is this- Absolutely NO ONE is going to try to amass a 300 hit combo counter to summon a hidden boss fight with Killer Croc and defeat him without ever taking a single hit and without ever using any of your Bat-gadgets without there being an Achievement that tells you to do it.

DST Does have Achievements for Xbox: But they’re mostly trivial things you’d do just playing the game without going out of your way to do. Such as Jumping in a Cave hole, being in a cave when a earthquake starts, reviving a dead player with a telltale heart, staying alive for X amount of days.

Nothing on the scale of Arkham’s 300 hit combo + boss defeated without taking any damage.

... taming a beefalo. 

On 11/18/2019 at 5:41 PM, Dynamix_Roxx said:

... taming a beefalo. 

beating the tutorial 

On 11/16/2019 at 2:49 PM, MrDo said:

When Don't Starve came out, I waited for achievements. But not as I expected. I was hoping to achievements come out when Don't Starve Together comes out. But it didn't come out again. A little late, but I still believe there's a chance. I hope they give us achievements, and we play until we go crazy. This is my opinion.

https://steamcommunity.com/sharedfiles/filedetails/?id=1840284484

Archived