Gourmand

Broken Hit Detection

Gourmand    157

Hitting bosses such as Deerclops and Moose/Goose has been near impossible. Half of my hits didn't register when fighting Deerclops, and no hits registered when I was fighting Goose/Moose. 

Gourmand    157
26 minutes ago, Sunset Skye said:

Try turning off lag compensation, it tends to cause issues with hitting bosses for some reason.

I'll try that, thanks. This most recent update has made fighting a chore. 

Mj-    93
1 hour ago, Gourmand said:

Hitting bosses such as Deerclops and Moose/Goose has been near impossible. Half of my hits didn't register when fighting Deerclops, and no hits registered when I was fighting Goose/Moose. 

Known bug.

Dev's responded;

On 10/24/2019 at 8:56 PM, CharlesB said:

This seems to be an issue on PC as well. The team is looking into it.

• Like 2

JDiceArt777    137
On 11/2/2019 at 3:13 PM, Sunset Skye said:

Try turning off lag compensation, it tends to cause issues with hitting bosses for some reason.

I took your advice and turned off lag compensation, and it worked perfectly against Moose Goose...not one missed hit! 
It took me a while to get used to the 'weird feeling' of the control....but I quickly got the hang of it. Although, sometimes it feels as if I'm running in mud....even with the walking cane. But i also think that could only be in certain spots of my base where I already had heavy lag. Ex: My bunny, spider farm.....when there's a lot of loot on the ground from them fighting and I haven't picked it up in a while, the lag is terrible. 

• Like 2

Mx-Pain    2

Hello !

I have a similar lag in my game play for a while now. It has been impossible to play with.

Sometimes when I'm walking around, the game pull me a few steps back. This issue start to happen after 200 days or so.

I'm playing on PS4 online coop split screen. Not sure if this lag is related to the topic ? The weird thing that is that this happen only when both players are on surface, if I go to the caves, both players can move free of lag.

Here's a video of my latest game play.

Dont Starve Together Lag PS4

• Sad 1

NSAiswatchingus    1,981
1 hour ago, Mx-Pain said:

Hello !

I have a similar lag in my game play for a while now. It has been impossible to play with.

Sometimes when I'm walking around, the game pull me a few steps back. This issue start to happen after 200 days or so.

I'm playing on PS4 online coop split screen. Not sure if this lag is related to the topic ? The weird thing that is that this happen only when both players are on surface, if I go to the caves, both players can move free of lag.

Split screen is definitely the issue here. I don't know why but it creates insane amounts of lag. 

• Like 1

JDiceArt777    137
12 hours ago, Mx-Pain said:

Hello !

So, speaking from my personal split-screen play, I would say pick up the random items laying on the ground (ie: gems, football helmets, web....etc). I've found that the more 'stuff' laying on the ground, and not in chests, can create the lag. I've noticed that Klei has tried to help by 'stacking' items together when they're in close proximity on the ground (off screen). For example....in my bunny/spider farm....if i don't go around there often, there's lots of web, rot, carrots, bunny tails and monster meat on the ground....which would cause A LOT of lag when you get near. But, when I go to gather the items, I noticed that if I pick up 1 web, it's actually a stack of 4 or 5....same for the other items. 
So, try not leave a lot of items laying on the ground....get them in chests. And see if that helps. 

And also.....try not to Starve!!! ;) 

Edited by JDiceArt777
  • Like 1

Mx-Pain    2
12 hours ago, NSAiswatchingus said:

Split screen is definitely the issue here. I don't know why but it creates insane amounts of lag. 

Yeah it is. Because when I go myself only. It plays really smooth, no lag at all.

1 hour ago, JDiceArt777 said:

So, speaking from my personal split-screen play, I would say pick up the random items laying on the ground (ie: gems, football helmets, web....etc). I've found that the more 'stuff' laying on the ground, and not in chests, can create the lag. I've noticed that Klei has tried to help by 'stacking' items together when they're in close proximity on the ground (off screen). For example....in my bunny/spider farm....if i don't go around there often, there's lots of web, rot, carrots, bunny tails and monster meat on the ground....which would cause A LOT of lag when you get near. But, when I go to gather the items, I noticed that if I pick up 1 web, it's actually a stack of 4 or 5....same for the other items. 
So, try not leave a lot of items laying on the ground....get them in chests. And see if that helps. 

And also.....try not to Starve!!! ;) 

That's definitely something that I was thinking.

The other day I remove the spider hatch from my Bunny/Spider Farm and I swear that actually remove a bit of lag.

I have tons of items lying on the ground now so I'm going to put them on a chest and let you know more later. Hopefully it fix some of my lag.

Thank you both for the feedback on this matter.

• Like 1

JDiceArt777    137
34 minutes ago, Mx-Pain said:

That's definitely something that I was thinking.

The other day I remove the spider hatch from my Bunny/Spider Farm and I swear that actually remove a bit of lag.

I have tons of items lying on the ground now so I'm going to put them on a chest and let you know more later. Hopefully it fix some of my lag.

Thank you both for the feedback on this matter.

Yea...I've actually been thinking of moving my bunny/spider farm about 2 screens away. 
And no problem! I'm willing to help anytime I can. 

Gfernandes    1

I have the same problem when playing on PC / Steam. If I disable the lag compensation option, I can hit without "ghost hits", but my game gets an absurd delay, almost 2 seconds, it's almost impossible to play.
I don't have this problem during normal play, but every boss has this problem with "ghost hit".

Edited by Gfernandes

lakhnish    1,434
16 hours ago, Gfernandes said:

I have the same problem when playing on PC / Steam. If I disable the lag compensation option, I can hit without "ghost hits",

Known issue. A fix is coming in the next beta.

Mx-Pain    2
On 7/11/2019 at 9:54 AM, JDiceArt777 said:

Yea...I've actually been thinking of moving my bunny/spider farm about 2 screens away. 
And no problem! I'm willing to help anytime I can. 

After putting all my items in various chest. I think the Lag is minor now.

However is not fixed at all.

I think the problem is the split screen. Since playing solo works fine.

Mx-Pain    2
7 hours ago, JDiceArt777 said:

Hmmmm. 
Have you tried turning Lag Compensation on? 

Yes, I did try that too. No lag after that but the controls seems to work weird, like the character movement is no natural haha.

Edited by Mx-Pain

JDiceArt777    137
22 hours ago, Mx-Pain said:

Yes, I did try that too. No lag after that but the controls seems to work weird, like the character movement is no natural haha.

LOL....
Yea, it's a little weird at first...but trust me, I played for about 20 minutes with the change and it soon became natural feeling. I went to take on Moose Goose just to practice kiting with the controls....it actually made the fight with her easier! And there was no broken hit detection, at all! 
Give it another try.....you'll get used to the controls. 

• Like 2