Are characters balanced?

Character Balances  

138 members have voted

1. 1. Which Character do you think is well balanced?

• Wilson
    • Willow
    • Wendy
    • Wx-78
    • Wolfgang
    • Wickerbottom
    • Webber
    • Wigfrid
    • Woodie
    • Maxwell
    • Wes
    • Warly
    • Wortox
    • Wormwood
    • Wurt

9 hours ago, CaptainChaotica said:

Now, Canis--huh.  According to your original post on this thread, it looks like apparently the characters I like playing the most ARE the "balanced" ones, 'cos at least half the ones you gave three stars to are my favourites!  :)

...Notorious

I suppose you have good taste, then? (/s)

Also ping me if you mention me, thanks

I voted for Maxwell and Webber, I should probably add Wormwood and Warly, since those four are very well and have their respective perks and downsides well done.

However I have an issue for Warly, he's feels empty, like he needs the extra restoration from shipwrecked, I feel nothing playing as him, the rewards are mostly for your teammates rather for you.

To me, they are all mostly balanced for their roles. Wilson is a starter character like Wes is a challenge character. One is rather bland but doesn't make things too difficult while you're learning, & one has a boat load of downsides to make things harder. Wigfred is a battle character so she's strong, but she only eats meat which can make early game problematic, & gold becomes a more in-demand resource as the game goes on. So on & so forth, that's the only way they really can be balanced. An upside equal to their downside.

The only one I truly find unbalanced is WX-78. Them gears. Maybe Wolfgang, but I rarely see him because early game and/or with random players he's usually at a disadvantage. So I honestly think he's fine, since he needs a good team or a lot of time spent farming food solo. I didn't vote for Maxwell because I intensely dislike his game play; he's better discussed by people who enjoy him. Nor did I vote for Wurt because too new. 

3 hours ago, Seero said:

Kill the Pigs, picking them off 1 by 1 isn't TOOO difficult. plus wendy has a .75x dmg modifier, webber is normal and averagely-strong as everyone else WITH more average health too.

I mean, some people like to build pigs around bases or base near/around pig villages for some reason.

Personally, I've never felt much of a problem with Wendy's damage modifier (even if it's a bit ridiculous against bosses that have thousands of HP)

Ive always felt like character strength in this game was a choose your own difficulty. Or bypass a specific you problem. Wanna boss fight solo? Wolfgang! Like easy resource get? Maxwell! Woodie! If you hate building farms, wormwood! Imo the only problems some characters have, are if they dont fit theyre niche well. Like i feel wendy should have better control over abigail. But having strength disparity between characters isnt a balance problem to me. Sometimes i just wanna wortox my way through a game and make a neat base

I dunno about GOOD taste...I guess those characters just fit my playstyle best for whatever reason.  I guess I just thought your picks were interesting, especially considering those characters usually get dumped on instead  : P

(and I almost _always_ forget to ping people, sorry.)

Now, I've never really cared about tier lists and such myself, but I've never really wanted to _stop_ people from  having their fun.  The only time I DO have a problem with it, is when they're mean-spirited, snooty, elitist.  Gatekeepy.  You know, like "You're not a REAL DST player unless you do _this_!" and they put my own playstyle _below_ the whole list, as if ruins-rushing and boss-soloing were the ONLY things that matter in a _survival game_.  It shouldn't bother me, but, as a female who plays games and has been consistently told that I either don't exist or, unless I play Dark Souls and the like, I don't COUNT as a "real" gamer, therefore "ha ha I was right girl gamers _still_ don't exist!" it _does_ bother me.  Shouldn't, but does.

But the funny, well-written and/or fair tier lists I have no problem with.  Might not be my thing, but they don't make me mad for EXISTING.

Seriously, there's enough free/readily available entertainment out there now that even if you stick to ONLY your very favourite categories and live well into your 80s, there's no way you'll be able to watch even all of _that_ segment.  Why the heck do people go around clicking on things, signing up for things, or even paying real-world MONEY to join something they _don't_ have an interest in...for the sole purpose of telling the people there that they suck?  I could understand it kinda if it was a serious thing, like if the thing in question spread damaging messages that might hurt or eventually kill people (even then, I'd try to fight it from the OUTside), but for _silly_ stuff?

Just.  Don't.  Click.  And you'll have more time for the things you DO enjoy!

...Notorious

Archived