Which way is the story taking?

I am really interested in the story yet it's very complicated if you put events and RoT into the perspective. what the heck is happening right now

I think that Wilson and survivors ( Including Wortox considering his quotes ) are currently in the Gateway Realms since there was not a proper ''ending'' to the Event arc and that the RoT arc happens after said ending.

For example currently Woodie and Maxwell call the Winter's feast- event ornaments familiar instead of remembering the Events.

Kinda familiar eh, Lucy? There's something familiar about this...

And Wurt are very confusing if they are going to be playable without explaining what happened after The Gorge.

Tell me what you think.

Well the last part of the lore so far is survivors being in the Gateway realms. Whether Goerge led back to Constant or another event is unknown for now.

What we do know is that Charlie wanted survivors to activate the Gateway (Forge trailer) and from the description of 'Return of Them" we know that Charlie's actions triggered Them to start returning to the Constant and that most likely triggered 'The Moon" to drop a piece of itself.

My headcanon is that either Gorge led back to the Constant or survivors were forcefully returned there by the power of Them/Charlie

7 minutes ago, metallichydra said:

not everyone believe he is a merm. some even think he's a dragon.

He is probably a merm, as he has horns, which altough may be interpreted as dragon horns they are probably goat horns, as it's highly likely that he is the "little goat" Wortox refered to in his datamined quotes.

My idea is that the survivors actually need to go backwards tp get back to our constant, thus the Forge 2: Burning Boogaloo and that could of ended the arc. There is also the point that it was simply dropped because the events were dropped too.

2 hours ago, NormalPinkerton said:

He is probably a merm, as he has horns, which altough may be interpreted as dragon horns they are probably goat horns, as it's highly likely that he is the "little goat" Wortox refered to in his datamined quotes.

Well, you ain't wrong.

Horns, Merm-ish shape, Wurt sounds like what the Merms sound like, Goat quotes, and the fact the video takes place in the swamp kind of pile on each other.

2 hours ago, minespatch said:

Looks like THEM is going to have a turf war with the Gestalts from what we've seen so far. As for events, we might get one more just for "Rule of three" once the character updates are done.

I still can't wrap my head around which side is "THEM". It is the return of them, and suddenly the moon is here.
Feels as if THEY are the beings related to the moon, and them landing is coming back(returning) to the forest.
I'm still out of it.

If I understand it correctly, after the Gorge Gateway escape they got spat out back into the Constant, perhaps considering the Gate without proper navigation tools as useless?
Then since they were gone they find the 2 new "Teammates", Wortox and Wormwood, and survive together.
Then Charlie decided "Im going to nuke the moon for reasons!" blasting the Moon's Shell (The Trailer seems to show that the moon is a hollow 'shell', also judging by the chunk looking like a shell shard rather than a hemisphere) with probably her new found power as we discovered she was sapping the Gateways power during Forge (and presumably Gorge)
Then the Survivors discover the waters and the mysterious island/moon piece [... Wherever the story goes next, probably around Hallowed Nights/Next Beta]
The new Survivor Wurt emerges persumably from the Gateway looking for the other people (Seems like Wurt is a Mermified Goat from the Elder Bog (Gorge Realm))

24 minutes ago, -Variant said:

Feels as if THEY are the beings related to the moon, and them landing is coming back(returning) to the forest.
I'm still out of it.

Definitelly not. At least imo

They are the exact opposite of 'The Moon". They are shadow while 'Moon" is… whatever kind of magic it is Maxwell comments on some of the Lunar stuff that 'It's not shadow magic'.

My theory is that when They decided to start returning to the Constant the 'Moon' was like "Oh heck my enemies are returning?! Welp better do something about it' and threw a part of itself into the Constant. 

Full moon makes you safe from darkness and you can only trigger Shadow Pieces (which are btw still mostly a mystery) on moonless night

'Moon' and They are deffinitely not friends

1 hour ago, Szczuku said:

'Moon' and They are deffinitely not friends

Never said this bit, but the rest was clear.
I'm aware both are polar opposites but I still wasn't sure which was which. 

1 hour ago, Szczuku said:

My theory is that when They decided to start returning to the Constant the 'Moon' was like "Oh heck my enemies are returning?! Welp better do something about it' and threw a part of itself into the Constant. 

This makes more sense to me. I think I'll stick with this, then.

1 hour ago, FuffledBeeQueen said:

Then since they were gone they find the 2 new "Teammates", Wortox and Wormwood, and survive together.

Actually Wortox apparently went into the forge with the gang ( his quote that he unironically enjoys the jokes there on a forge-ornament from WF )

Archived