Drumbeat in Summer and Tallbirds Don't Attack?

Been noticing this distant drum beat in the summer season which is really creepy.    Went to mine some rocks and tallbirds looked different, even when stealing their eggs they wouldn't attack and couldn't be attacked either, interesting.

1 hour ago, Mencken said:

Been noticing this distant drum beat in the summer season which is really creepy.    Went to mine some rocks and tallbirds looked different, even when stealing their eggs they wouldn't attack and couldn't be attacked either, interesting.

Can you get a video of the sounds?

Can you get a picture of the Tallbirds? I can't really wager what it might be going off text alone.

3 hours ago, Ezaroth said:

I'm surprised the tallbirds survived until teenage hood. I thought mama bird would kill their babies as soon as they're born.

normally that's the case however seems something changed because I've had a tallbird fort set piece filled with teenbirds to the point where they overwhelmed their parents.

also can confirm the creepy gong thing that rather seems like a bug than an intended feature.

7 hours ago, Ezaroth said:

I'm surprised the tallbirds survived until teenage hood. I thought mama bird would kill their babies as soon as they're born.

For whatever reason, naturally-hatched small birds can age up into smallish tallbirds while unloaded. If you don't get near tallbird nests for a few years, then multiple eggs will hatch and the small birds from them will all grow up, and then those smallish tallbirds will brutally peck their mother to death whenever you get near the area and load them in.

It's weird, I actually heard the Drum/gong noise while waiting for a reply during summer, and many others in a Discord have gotten it too.

How odd.
Also, why do Tallbirds even kill each other? Can we get that changed anytime soon? I don't care about Tallbirds being actual parents but I'd at least like to see Smallbirds attempting to survive.

14 hours ago, Mencken said:

Been noticing this distant drum beat in the summer season which is really creepy.

It appears to be an issue with summer ambiance. I hear it in my game too, and it drives me insane. If you want to disable it, either A: Spend summer in the caves, or (Preferred) B: Turn your "Ambiance" to 0 in your settings.

2 hours ago, -Variant said:

Also, why do Tallbirds even kill each other? Can we get that changed anytime soon? I don't care about Tallbirds being actual parents but I'd at least like to see Smallbirds attempting to survive.

Finally, I'm not the only person to say it! I've been saying this for years!

Savanna has some weird metallic sounds, all other biomes seem to have gong-like sounds. Oh and Chesspiece biome is a combination of both mixed with some (birchnut?) leaf sounds. 
I'd say Grasslands have the best ambience. For a horror game, that is.

Archived