Frickin' hounds!!!! (Venting)

This is just my 'venting' post...... :?......about those dang hounds! lol

So, my girlfriend and I are playing, last night, in our day 600+ world.....Day 666, to be exact.....so what could go wrong, right? 
She's not really a 'fighter' in the game....and I'm not a pro either. She likes to stick around the base, making it look nice and neat. Well, it's the end of winter and she doesn't like to base build during the winter because of the snow on the ground....and she's standing around saying, "I don't know what to do!" 
So I say, "Wanna' go fight Klaus?" She's like, "Who?" 
I know, I know....day 666 and she doesn't know who Klaus is.... **face palm**. 
Well, I've never fought him either....but I do know who he is, and his kite pattern (for the most part). 
I send her a YouTube video for her to watch, and then we're off to prep for the fight. 
We get everything together, and summon Klaus...
While I'm fighting him....yes....me.....
She's running around in circles screaming, "Every time I get close to him, he raises his hand for the fire or ice! I wish he would stop doing that! He keeps crushing the fire pit! Oh, God...now the shadows are chasing me!!! OMG! " 
Well...after a long phase...he finally goes down...the first time. She screams, "We did it!!! No....You did it!!! Wait........What?!!! He's alive!!!" 
I'm like, "Did you watch the video?!" She says, "Yes....well, kinda....it was too long!" (Thanks, Beard777 :?)
So, Klaus is in his 2nd phase now.....and.....here comes the hounds!!! 
She's screaming, "Get to the tooth traps!" 
I'm screaming, "No!!! Just try to kill them!"
She's screaming, "There's too many!!!"
I'm yelling, "Don't let them get the deer!" 
She's screaming, "Why not?!"
I'm shouting, "Because....if they die............"
Annnnd that's when....one died :shock:

I scream, "THAT'S WHY!!!!  RUNNNNNN!!!!!" 

If you guys could have seen the TERROR in her face....lol

Thanks, hounds.... I'll probably never get her to fight with me again.... :(

Any stories out there of the hounds ruining your night? lol

9 minutes ago, JackJohnsn said:

God I enjoyed reading that.

For me, the hounds are just waiting so I start a fight, then they all woof woof and jump at me. I'm sure they would attack me at caves if they could, but they can't take the stairs.

Seems the same way for us. I try to remember when the last hound attack was before I start a fight....but I can never remember. lol
And in her defense, for the Krampus fight....there were A LOT of hounds. lol. 

23 minutes ago, Xenologist said:

Remember: The beard is untrustworthy. Keep on trying, learn klaus's fighting strat (completely different from krampus, also can call krampii)

Oops...I actually did mean Klaus....not Krampus. I'll fix that. 

And as for The Beard; I actually learned a lot from him when I first started playing DST, not knowing how long and misinformed a lot of his videos actually are. 

2 hours ago, JDiceArt777 said:

Only every single time we finally get fully prepped for a big fight. They do have impeccable timing. I started playing Wigfrid  though, and now I pretty much just tank everything, including hounds XD

Well, I know you were fighting a boss but if you want to take the wuss way (I'm guilty sometimes ;-;) you could have everyone in the server enter the caves before a hound wave happens, wait a little bit, and go back to surface. You might still hear barking but don't worry your safe!

20 minutes ago, Superwolfkid said:

Well, I know you were fighting a boss but if you want to take the wuss way (I'm guilty sometimes ;-;) you could have everyone in the server enter the caves before a hound wave happens, wait a little bit, and go back to surface. You might still hear barking but don't worry your safe!

Although, the hounds aren't really a problem for me...I do run to the caves sometimes. Just so I don't have to deal with them. My girlfriend keeps the tooth traps stocked and loaded. lol

2 hours ago, Superwolfkid said:

Well, I know you were fighting a boss but if you want to take the wuss way (I'm guilty sometimes ;-;) you could have everyone in the server enter the caves before a hound wave happens, wait a little bit, and go back to surface.

LOL...totally valid tactic. Truth be told I bet many people do this sometimes (myself included, when I really just don't feel like messing with them).

That story was amazing. That sounds like me and my gf at every fight. :)

On 2019-10-09 at 9:02 AM, JDiceArt777 said:

This is just my 'venting' post...... :?......about those dang hounds! lol

So, my girlfriend and I are playing, last night, in our day 600+ world.....Day 666, to be exact.....so what could go wrong, right? 
She's not really a 'fighter' in the game....and I'm not a pro either. She likes to stick around the base, making it look nice and neat. Well, it's the end of winter and she doesn't like to base build during the winter because of the snow on the ground....and she's standing around saying, "I don't know what to do!" 
So I say, "Wanna' go fight Klaus?" She's like, "Who?" 
I know, I know....day 666 and she doesn't know who Klaus is.... **face palm**. 
Well, I've never fought him either....but I do know who he is, and his kite pattern (for the most part). 
I send her a YouTube video for her to watch, and then we're off to prep for the fight. 
We get everything together, and summon Klaus...
While I'm fighting him....yes....me.....
She's running around in circles screaming, "Every time I get close to him, he raises his hand for the fire or ice! I wish he would stop doing that! He keeps crushing the fire pit! Oh, God...now the shadows are chasing me!!! OMG! " 
Well...after a long phase...he finally goes down...the first time. She screams, "We did it!!! No....You did it!!! Wait........What?!!! He's alive!!!" 
I'm like, "Did you watch the video?!" She says, "Yes....well, kinda....it was too long!" (Thanks, Beard777 :?)
So, Klaus is in his 2nd phase now.....and.....here comes the hounds!!! 
She's screaming, "Get to the tooth traps!" 
I'm screaming, "No!!! Just try to kill them!"
She's screaming, "There's too many!!!"
I'm yelling, "Don't let them get the deer!" 
She's screaming, "Why not?!"
I'm shouting, "Because....if they die............"
Annnnd that's when....one died :shock:

I scream, "THAT'S WHY!!!!  RUNNNNNN!!!!!" 

If you guys could have seen the TERROR in her face....lol

Thanks, hounds.... I'll probably never get her to fight with me again.... :(

I highly recommend timing boss fights for right after hound attacks. I believe after day 500 hounds attack between every 5-7 days. Most likely every 5 days. 

12 minutes ago, Dynamix_Roxx said:

That story was amazing. That sounds like me and my gf at every fight. :)

I highly recommend timing boss fights for right after hound attacks. I believe after day 500 hounds attack between every 5-7 days. Most likely every 5 days. 

As your girlfriend, I feel attacked. (J/k lol, this is an accurate description. Just needs some “Leave me alooooone!!!”) 

Also: stupid hounds, please go away and let me cook and farm! :(

Archived