(Idea)Halloween costumes for other creatures

Intro

In a topic post about what we want to see for hallowed nights this year, Good old Minespatch thought of making were pigs friendly during the  event, and it gave me a really cool idea! What if mobs in the game had their own costumes?!

example of idea

To give my idea an example, the game Terraria during specific events they customize the slimes in the game to celebrate that holiday. during Halloween  the slimes have a mask and fake tail of a bunny! Bunny_Slime.png.e280fdb8f1a5acc208d953309188ebde.png

Concept.

I drew two examples of costume ideas for a pigman, and a mactusk.

20191008_141945.thumb.jpg.4446208acbdc96db27df107d10cf236f.jpg 

-for the pigman I wanted it to be a were pig costume, but it looked really crappy and bad but still, cute (something that would match the style of the pigman being something they would probably make on their own to wear.) a were pig mask and costume with some terrible body paint ( my concept drawing is a bad way of showing it since there is no color on them ;-;.)

-while for the Mactusk, it was sort of a joke about the mac's fangs looking like vampires, so I tried my best to make him look like a vampire... thing.

I was going to draw a spider queen costume of a fly, but that would mean I have to stare at fly heads for a while, and as a person with a huge fear of insects that's sadly gonna be gonna be hard pass from me.(hope you understand)

What do you guys think of Klei possibly doing this? I know very well they would never have enough time to do this in a span of two weeks, but I'd like to discuss this idea together! And a big thank you @minespatch for giving me this stupid idea.

I dunno. It's neat when you think about it on it's own, but it'd be a lot of work for very little pay-off.

All those additional assets for a limited time—and they're all just cosmetic. It's like the Winter's Feast giant skins. They're neat, but only Feast Clops ends up adding anything to gameplay.

I'd prefer character skins at that point because those can be used year-round.

2 minutes ago, Zeklo said:

I dunno. It's neat when you think about it on it's own, but it'd be a lot of work for very little pay-off.

All those additional assets for a limited time—and they're all just cosmetic. It's like the Winter's Feast giant skins. They're neat, but only Feast Clops ends up adding anything to gameplay.

I'd prefer character skins at that point because those can be used year-round.

Good point, I didn't think of it like that. It would be pretty much forge and gorge, all their mechanics, mobs,  and items left behind and to be never used again, due to them never being able to find a reason to exist in the normal game. That would use alot of money for Klei and I don't want them to become bankrupt ;-;

I like the idea of mob costumes, but I feel like it'd be better if it was limited to just one mob and changed their behavior a bit. Something I loved about YotG, way back when that was a thing, was how you were encouraged to focus on a single mob (Gobblers) and mess around with their AI to figure out the best way to farm their lucky pouches. For Hallowed Nights I'd love, for example, Crows with little ghost costumes that leave behind something special (trinkets? candy? a new potion ingredient?) if you allow them to fly away naturally after eating seeds. Bird farms usually involve, yknow, killing birds, so this would require people to get creative and try to optimize the process of birds landing, eating, and leaving, rather than just summoning birds and killing them as quick as possible.

Archived