New Woodie Makes Boats Obsolete

• You can't harvest anything from the brine shoals as Woodie, you still got to sail out to them.
  • Not everyone is going to be playing Woodie.
  • Ideally, eventually the open waters will have hostile creatures making boat bridges obsolete.

Return of Them as a whole is still incomplete, so hopefully it becomes more clear as the updates roll out. 

5 minutes ago, reverentsatyr said:

Won't cookie cutters just destroy the boats?

To the brine shoals yes. If there happens to be a brine shoal between the mainland and the moon island, yes (though I don't think they spawn far enough apart for that to happen).

On 10/6/2019 at 3:39 PM, trinket_4 said:

you still need boats to mine salt, to fight malbatross, to make shortcuts-bridges on the map,

and the Return of Them is not completed, so there may be more things on the ocean...

RoT isn’t just limited to ocean content, there’s some big stuff coming- I don’t know EXACTLY what that is yet but I can say that from my years of experience playing video games that they do not completely rework an entire games character cast without adding some particular new content that demands the use of those new found abilities. I’m kinda scared thinking about it actually... yikes.

Archived