Final Temporal Tear one-way mission is, actually, a return trip

When I finally gathered enough liquid hydrogen to send my top-scientist off to temporal tear, after reading the lore "A colony's hope" I was nearly in tears myself. It is supposed to be a one way trip but the rocket frame was left there and I guessed it may serve as a monument of this mission. But, after more than 50 cycles, the rocket landed back and destroyed the bunker gate and gantries LOL. I never made automation for it as I thought it is one way (specifically said in the achievement and lore).

Imagine the face of these dupes when they see the astronaut. Well, I guess it is kind of black humor, or unfinished develpment by Klei:D.

image.thumb.png.e77d573b106740d710155c63430c39bc.png

image.thumb.png.666f7b784cb8ed86dc96e63a7e3b3f8c.png

I don't feel that much about this path towards the ending.  I always thought the natural end point would be the dupes building a colonization ship, with a new printer pod and everything.  Well, not just one ship, but a full on factory for making colonization ships.

1 hour ago, Steve Raptor said:

Yeah, I think this feature is still not fully implemented.

Perhaps the DLC will target this?

I think it may. Klei has plans for ONI, even if they do not tell us at the moment. I would not say the "release" was rushed. It is basically "feature complete". But there is a lot of additional potential in ONI and Klei obviously realizes this. That they just now spend an entire development cycle just on optimization indicates (at least to me) that they want to build quite a bit on it and for quite some time and are ecconomically happy with selling DLCs and sales to new players. One of the massive advantages of indie-games: The developers can continue to work on them because they do not have to recover insane amounts of investor money on release. 

9 hours ago, Gurgel said:

I think it may. Klei has plans for ONI, even if they do not tell us at the moment. I would not say the "release" was rushed. It is basically "feature complete". But there is a lot of additional potential in ONI and Klei obviously realizes this. That they just now spend an entire development cycle just on optimization indicates (at least to me) that they want to build quite a bit on it and for quite some time and are ecconomically happy with selling DLCs and sales to new players. One of the massive advantages of indie-games: The developers can continue to work on them because they do not have to recover insane amounts of investor money on release. 

Also a big reason why I play mostly just indie games these last few years. There's generally a lot more love and attention given to these projects compared to AAA (with some exceptions, ofc).

Has anyone made a mod where you can copy a dupe?  You could simulate that end by making a new map using that/those dupe(s). All that is technically going to do is speed up early game with a super dupe and maybe mess with some early achievements.  Actually. Those dupes would probably get super stressed.

Archived