[Testing Branch Update] - 371077

Early/midgame runs fine. The real performance hits are late game when you cross the actions per tick threshold and everything grinds to a halt.

You can observe this sort of delay with critters. Things like grooming and really any action can take several seconds to queue up.

I feel it is mostly all the temperature exchanges that go on with everything. Most late game revolves around exchanging heat in some way. It is unavoidable. 

That can also be observed with multiple peoples observations that cleaning up not just all the debris but also keeping debris in separate storage improves performance. 

1 hour ago, Ipsquiggle said:

Updated Russian translation

I went in, found all the same translation errors, switched back to the mod with a normal translation. Good job! )))

my experiences.

Since release i am now getting lag much earlier in the game. 60fps drops to 30, by cycle 300. 10 by cycle 500. It used to take about 2,000 cycles to get to 10fps.  When it happens, i stop as, 10fps is unplayable.

CPU: 5820k / GPU: 1070 / RAM: 16GB

• cpu sits around 4%. One core averages around 17%
  • GPU sits around 10%.
  • Ram used is around 4Gb, for oni.

attached is my most recent save file. 

• 9fps before, this patch.(w2)
  • 12fps after, this patch. (w3)

The strange part is, my laptop has the same exact performance (FPS).

•  i7-8750H, 1050Ti, 16GB

is there anyway to offload some of these calculations to the GPU? Its basically doing nothing.

Also i might be addicted. Thank you for such a wonderful game.

image.png.bf3b6f84e23315cf2062e874319f2473.png

w3.sav

w2.sav

• Like 1

9 hours ago, aresd said:

I went in, found all the same translation errors, switched back to the mod with a normal translation. Good job! )))

You know you can suggest a fix for the stuff you found instead of pointing fingers at some people living in Canada, where chances are they don't know a word in Russian is 110%, right?

They have to rely onto the community to get translations for stuff, but if nobody is willing to help, then don't expect them learn Russian over night. Just saying..

Edited by cezarica

6 hours ago, cezarica said:

You know you can suggest a fix for the stuff you found instead of pointing fingers at some people living in Canada, where chances are they don't know a word in Russian is 110%, right?

They have to rely onto the community to get translations for stuff, but if nobody is willing to help, then don't expect them learn Russian over night. Just saying..

I'd be happy to suggest. Where?

I will be happy when i will have solutions in game (except using sandbox) for using the data banks and lots and lots of artifacts.... Even if i want i can't use it or transform in something else. Also a pump for magma will be nice. 

7 hours ago, cezarica said:

One of the developers asked me about this in private messages, and I spent a lot of my time trying to adapt my poor English for understanding what I meaning. As a result, I was not heard.

16 hours ago, aresd said:

One of the developers asked me about this in private messages, and I spent a lot of my time trying to adapt my poor English for understanding what I meaning. As a result, I was not heard.

You have to understand that they are a small company with a hand full of people working on a project, and also should take into consideration that they have little time to look over everything in all sections of the forums, hence why I suggested to make a topic in the Suggestions and Feedback section and post your corrected translation there. If they notice it and pick up the corrected translations then that's great, if not, then stick with the workshop mod that has them translated correctly until someone will notice the topic. :)

By all means, I didn't want to be disrespectful towards anyway, just wanted to point out that is easier to complain about something than put your shoulder and help build something.